Wife's complaining

Status
Not open for further replies.

castman

Mar 5, 2009
ILL USA
Wife: "that damn ecig, you are either online buying something for it, puffing on it, putting juice in it, or friggin writing about it you are OBSESSED!":rolleyes:
Just look deep into her eyes and gently tell her this wonder bit of poety.
You can mess with my money
You can mess with my wife.
But if you mess with my e-cig
You are messing with your life.

With that being said: Remeber the golden rule of marriage. when maken a funny stay outa arms reach!!!!

Huxley

ECF Veteran
Mar 13, 2009
UK
Just look deep into her eyes and gently tell her this wonder bit of poety.
You can mess with my money
You can mess with my wife.
But if you mess with my e-cig
You are messing with your life.

With that being said: Remeber the golden rule of marriage. when maken a funny stay outa arms reach!!!!

Ah well, gentlemen, the secret to a long and contented relationship is to accept that everything is your fault. Whether you were there or not; whether you were involved or not, whether you actually spoke or not, it is your fault. The key thing is simply to accept that. No amount of protest or resistance will alter that. You must accept it. That way lies contentment. And you can then puff away happily on your e-cig. Resistance is futile and only causes grief. :D:D

Jaco

Feb 25, 2009
Sunny South Africa
(New poster, new vaper for around 4 weeks now, first post, etc...)

Well, I'm in trouble. Wife has just been released from hospital with pneumonia. (She is much better, thank you.) Unfortunately I have not been able to ween myself off the analogs completely. Yes, I've cut down immensely and can go for a couple of days without the nasties, but then I seem to go on a binge - buy a pack, smoke only those for a morning, then back onto the e-cigs. Not too bad overall since I've cut my pack-a-day to around pack-every-3-days. And since I didn't really want to stop smoking, this doesn't bother me too much. I've cut down...

Until last night. Came home from work, vaped all evening and then had an analog just before going to bed. (Wife was already asleep.) He throat started complaining again and this morning she is coughing again. All due to my single analog. Before I found out about this, I had another analog this morning - normally she cannot smell me at all (sinus issues), she immediately asked "did you smoke".

To make a long story short - for better or worse, I seem to be forced into only vaping now :) At least the one good thing about this is that I can vape anywhere in the home (I do smoke outside though) and this doesn't bother her.

surbitonPete

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2009
North Yorkshire UK
Ah well, gentlemen, the secret to a long and contented relationship is to accept that everything is your fault. Whether you were there or not; whether you were involved or not, whether you actually spoke or not, it is your fault. The key thing is simply to accept that. No amount of protest or resistance will alter that. You must accept it. That way lies contentment. And you can then puff away happily on your e-cig. Resistance is futile and only causes grief. :D:D
Huxley those are wise words......my marriage didn't last for too many years because I found it absolutely impossible to accept that I was 'always' wrong and couldn't resist making protest.

chokmah

ECF Veteran
Feb 23, 2009
Austin Texas
(New poster, new vaper for around 4 weeks now, first post, etc...)

Well, I'm in trouble. Wife has just been released from hospital with pneumonia. (She is much better, thank you.) Unfortunately I have not been able to ween myself off the analogs completely. Yes, I've cut down immensely and can go for a couple of days without the nasties, but then I seem to go on a binge - buy a pack, smoke only those for a morning, then back onto the e-cigs. Not too bad overall since I've cut my pack-a-day to around pack-every-3-days. And since I didn't really want to stop smoking, this doesn't bother me too much. I've cut down...

Until last night. Came home from work, vaped all evening and then had an analog just before going to bed. (Wife was already asleep.) He throat started complaining again and this morning she is coughing again. All due to my single analog. Before I found out about this, I had another analog this morning - normally she cannot smell me at all (sinus issues), she immediately asked "did you smoke".

To make a long story short - for better or worse, I seem to be forced into only vaping now :) At least the one good thing about this is that I can vape anywhere in the home (I do smoke outside though) and this doesn't bother her.

I hope you two all the best and welcome to the forum... Look forward to hearing more and hang in there..

nicowolf

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 9, 2008
near Akron, OH, USA
I get the same complaint.

Fortunately, I have an ace in the hole. When wifey made BIG fianancial mistakes, I gently and lovingly accepted the hardship, not doing or saying anything to make her feel guilty, just asked for more honesty the next time. When wifey repeated the same mistake, I asked for prior warning and more honesty, still no harsh words.

Now, all I have to do is give her the look that says "you don't want to get into this discussion with me." I have plenty of past mistakes and hardships I can point out to her that cost way more money than my little obsessions. Most times I just ask to look at the checkbook to see where we might tighten the pursestrings a little - that means I am going to cut the budget for eating out (hell it really means I am going to create a budget for eating out) - wifey hates to sacrifice her little pleasures in life.

When all else fails, I pull out the giving up on ecigs bit - passive aggressive, but it works. Wifey is overjoyed that I have embraced something, anything that lessens my air pollution and might even put analogs to rest all together.

Nicfits

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2009
Texas
www.e-smokers-forum.com
Whenever I want something, I just get her to thinking about it until she thinks it is her Idea. Then I get it and complain about how much it cost.

I was telling her the other day about the FDA and the E-cig issues. She said maybe we better order some more then. WooHoo!! Dang those things are expensive. :D

Uhhh, I hope she never sees this post. :shock:

CattyCat

Mar 27, 2009
USA

LOL, I like your way of thinking. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread