Will I absord more nic using an RDA/RTA instead of a tank or clearo?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JungleRecon

ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2014
Lincoln, NE
Basically what the title says. I want to step up to an RTA and was thinking the russian 91%. I've read and seen great reviews. I am tired of using clearos and tanks and want something I can build to vape the way I want to vape and also get more nic. I am not searching for clouds but I want more nic without stepping up to a really high dose juice. Do RTA/RBA give you more nic?

tmcase

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
I don't blame you for wanting to move on from clearos. You'll get much better flavor from an RTA/RBA/RDA. They do use more juice but you get more nic just by vaping more because the flavor is so much better. Also the wicking material that you use will make a difference on how much nic you'll absorb. For example, Rayon, now the big rage performs so much better than other wicking material that some people have had to lower their nic level. You can read more about Rayon here http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...ck-better-flow-flavor-saturation-nic-hit.html

SeniorBoy

VapeFight.com Founder
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2013
Las Vegas, NV
vapefight.com
I vividly remember the day when I switched from a PT2 to a version 1 of the R91. Much better flavor and I got a NIC buzz the first day. Like many things in the vaping universe, find what works for you and expect to read different approaches and thoughts on any given issue. This is all good.

Depending on what version of the R91 you purchase, the following video will help you understand the center pin connector on the R91:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TctmMqxe2qs Also read some of the comments about the Version 2.

I never lowered my NIC but just vaped less untill my system adjusted to this significantly more efficient delivery system.

The Kayfun users manual has some great tips for you to read. Like this:

"Find comfortable nicotine level. When you use Kayfun for the first time, try to start from nicotine level twice less than you used to! For example, if you used 12 mg/ml liquid - start from 6 mg/ml on Kayfun. Kayfun has excellent nicotine delivery and vapour production capabilities, so it is easy to get nicotine overdose for want of habit. Choose optimal for you nicotine level, but we do not recommend using E-Liquid with level higher than 12 mg/ml with Kayfun - it can be dangerous to your health."

See: www.meshweaver.com/temp/vaping/SVOEMESTO_KAYFUN_v3.1ES_USER_MANUAL.pdf

Getting started can be challenging since ECF has users of different experience levels. I would suggest a thorough clean of your R91 or whatever Kayfun clone/real deal you decide to purchase before you use it. Study the various parts and then create a simple build to get started. Wrap the Kanthal wire around the wick (Silica/ekowool. NOT cotton or derivatives) first and then install. The length,amount, and placement of the wick is critical and the issue that causes most of the problems. If your first build doesn't win a beauty contest don't worry about it. Does it vape properly and reliably? Are you getting the better flavor and enough NIC to make you happy? After a few simple builds you can begin to create more advanced builds and continue this untill you are happy. BTW, the way you vape can also influence the amount of NIC you ingest along with the flavor. Pre fire and then long, slow, and deep lung hits will normally satisfy many of our desires. As opposed to a lighter/shorter draw that you don't suck into your lungs.

Their is no shortage of vids and help. /lol I have a short blog entry with pics which you may find helpfull at: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...en-mere-mortals-like-me-can-build-kayfun.html

ENJOY!

:)

EDITED for clarity

Last edited:

Xaiver

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2011
Clearwater, MN
Just from my experience:

I was a big Carto-Tank user, back in the day when that was the cool thing. Clearomizers were fresh on the market and they were prone to faults, so I avoided them. The big new one back then was the ViVi Nova...it had a habit of leaking and wicking problems... Crazy, huh?

I bought a GG Penelope, which was also new on the market...that was 2 years ago, give or take. Now I'm a big Kayfun fan.

Anyhow, I do still remember switching. The flavor in the RBA was significantly stronger. It wasn't very long after that that I had to take my nic down from 18 to 10....still on 10, 2 years later though.

Keep in mind that you'll have a bit of a learning curve to making coils correctly. You'll probably fry a few, and then have issues with wicking, until you get that figured out right. So don't throw away your clearos until you've got it right a few times.

But, as usual, Your Mileage May Vary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread