Will I become an outlaw?

Status
Not open for further replies.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I know, I know, I'm not pro taxation really it just seems like the lesser of two evils to me. BECAUSE it is ALL about the money.

I happily paid my sin tax o tobacco, and it was KILLING ME.

I would equally freaking PAY a sin tax on vaping because it's better than all the CRAP about vaping that will cause current smokers not to try vaping and new smokers not to quit. I mean....

IDK. I am not a big tax fan, but I would RATHER have that than a ban. Because.... I'm ready.

IDK no good answers really. I just, if politicians were SANE they would tax the folks who will vape for a MUCH LONGER life, and let big tobacco pound sand.

Sigh.

Anna

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
I know, I know, I'm not pro taxation really it just seems like the lesser of two evils to me.
The lesser of two evils is still evil, and I refuse to advocate for it.

Oh, and they're never getting one thin dime in sin taxes on vaping from me. One of the reasons I'm really happy I finished stocking up during the summer of 2016 is that my home state (PA) passed a 40% wholesale tax on vape-goods in the fall of 2016. There has since been a lawsuit that made it somewhat less odious than it was at first, but still. No!

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I respect your position @Rossum. I totally do and I think there are valid reasons for it.

One of my long favorite scenes from the bible was of Jesus turning over the money lender's tables, but then Mel Gibson had to go and ruin "that."

Also, that movie, EVERYONE was going on about how "Jesus-y" Jesus looked like.... How would they have known??? It would have been more authentic with Kanye West if you ask me. LOL, and best of ALL had Mel Gibson taken on the title role instead of JUST director (and HAND being nailed to the cross) or so I hear. My husband said they didn't "torture Jesus enough in that movie, he got off to easy." I was like ARE YOU FOR REAL THAT MOVIE WAS MORE SADOMASOCHISTIC than like FIVE HUNDRED fifty shades of Gray, do you have proclivities I DO NOT know about.

But I have strayed far from taxation, or ecigs. Pardon. I don't know, my sis just called, and I told her my new life motto is "the Great is the enemy of the Good," and she said hers was, "I can suck a bunch today. It's just one day. I don't have to win at it."

LOL she also told me HER evil best friend (younger sister to MY evil best friend) used to go out driving late at night, like, without LEARNERs permits even!!! I was super impressed, I was like, "How did you not get caught?"

She was like, "I don't know but my own daughter is a lot more like YOU. She snuck out of the house two weeks ago and accidentally locked herself OUTSIDE. She then had to CALL us at 3 in the morning. We were like WTF? and then she was like, "I was just taking a walk around the house, I couldn't sleep..." And they were like, "I see.... In full outerwear and makeup? I don't think so."

LOLOL. I am getting my niece a Spy and Smuggler's kit for her next birthday. She clearly needs MY help.

Again, sorry.

Anna

fourmedallions

ECF Veteran
Aug 3, 2010
Orlando, Florida
I agree with you, when I first heard about the "flavor ban" I wasnt worried for myself (I make all my own) but it worries me that there is a possibility that a wonderful product will become harder to obtain and more dangerous for many users its a sad state of affairs.

I freaked out. I had only just restarted vaping when the mass hysteria broke and the media went into feeding frenzy mode. All I had at the time was a little bitty pen device and some gnarly juice and then came the announcement that someone introduced a bill to ban flavors in Florida.

Wait - what?!

Having recently quit smoking, that announcement went over like lead. But the mayor of Orlando came out and said, "Um, not a good idea. All that is going to do is create a huge opening for the black market because that is what happens whenever there is a huge demand for something and that's when people are really going to get hurt." I am glad the mayor said that - that gives me a little bit of hope.

I had been planning on building up my supplies a little bit more slowly, but this tipped the scales. Quitting smoking is the best thing I have done for myself and I could never have done it without the vape and my goal is to make sure that I have it. I feel a little bit better because I picked up half a dozen or so little pod mods that are very inexpensive and are a great go-to for nic breaks at work, or while I am busy deciding on what brands or styles I want to vape over the long haul. I picked up a few of those, some nicotine and DIY supplies. I plan on getting more, but I can at least slow down a little bit.

I am far less worried about becoming an evil outlaw because I have just mixed up my favorite recipe vape, than I am the thousands of people who stand to lose their businesses and jobs, and the millions of people who will never get the chance to experience vaping in the same way we do.

Prohibition does - not - work. I thought we learned our lesson already with alcohol, but apparently not. Sadly, there are many lacking the skill sets needed in order to safely construct a mod on their own and there are going to be serious accidents and most likely deaths.

Astron

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 24, 2014
Washington
I freaked out. I had only just restarted vaping when the mass hysteria broke and the media went into feeding frenzy mode. All I had at the time was a little bitty pen device and some gnarly juice and then came the announcement that someone introduced a bill to ban flavors in Florida.

Wait - what?!

Having recently quit smoking, that announcement went over like lead. But the mayor of Orlando came out and said, "Um, not a good idea. All that is going to do is create a huge opening for the black market because that is what happens whenever there is a huge demand for something and that's when people are really going to get hurt." I am glad the mayor said that - that gives me a little bit of hope.

I had been planning on building up my supplies a little bit more slowly, but this tipped the scales. Quitting smoking is the best thing I have done for myself and I could never have done it without the vape and my goal is to make sure that I have it. I feel a little bit better because I picked up half a dozen or so little pod mods that are very inexpensive and are a great go-to for nic breaks at work, or while I am busy deciding on what brands or styles I want to vape over the long haul. I picked up a few of those, some nicotine and DIY supplies. I plan on getting more, but I can at least slow down a little bit.

I am far less worried about becoming an evil outlaw because I have just mixed up my favorite recipe vape, than I am the thousands of people who stand to lose their businesses and jobs, and the millions of people who will never get the chance to experience vaping in the same way we do.

Prohibition does - not - work. I thought we learned our lesson already with alcohol, but apparently not. Sadly, there are many lacking the skill sets needed in order to safely construct a mod on their own and there are going to be serious accidents and most likely deaths.
100%. Excellent post.

BigPappa

Ultra Member
Sep 21, 2019
Fort Myers, FL
Sorta, kinda. I'm not sure at the federal level, but some states and local jurisdictions definitely have laws banning the sale of "drug paraphernalia".
That's why the head shops would state that they were "for tobacco use only"... lol

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
That's why the head shops would state that they were "for tobacco use only"... lol

This is the True Irony of things. Because aren't we going to see the Same thing with e-Cigarettes Hardware?

Only the it will say... "For Marijuana Use Only".

icepickmaker84

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 7, 2019
Indiana
This is the True Irony of things. Because aren't we going to see the Same thing with e-Cigarettes Hardware?

Only the it will say... "For Marijuana Use Only".

When I see that sign I’ll have a hard time not chuckling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I am not stressed now that I found out about Native Reservations. I men, there may be federal checkpoints, but the ones I know, I know the sneaky back ways out.

Head shops in Tucson are laundromats. You can probably get most anything there if you befriend the right staff. Who are always lamenting their "lack of business" while being high as kites and I go, "You seem to be doing just fine and getting paid for sampling the merchandise."

Gosh, I do wish they would stop selling stuff like bath salts though. It's just cruel.

Anna

Myrany

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Louisiana
I am not stressed now that I found out about Native Reservations. I men, there may be federal checkpoints, but the ones I know, I know the sneaky back ways out.

Head shops in Tucson are laundromats. You can probably get most anything there if you befriend the right staff. Who are always lamenting their "lack of business" while being high as kites and I go, "You seem to be doing just fine and getting paid for sampling the merchandise."

Gosh, I do wish they would stop selling stuff like bath salts though. It's just cruel.

Anna
Is Wooden Nickle Smoke Shop still open? ( I left Tucson in 1984 so no idea)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread