Status
Not open for further replies.

m3th1dz

In way over his head
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 9, 2015
Philadelphia
Yeah, unless the price goes down to $60 or less they won't. I'd love a real Reo, just not enough to pay the 600%, premium. After all I could just go to lowes and make the blade for couple dollars.
Last time I checked you could get a reo for around $130 with a 1 year warranty. Not sure how you came up with a 600% premium.

93gc40

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2014
California
Gold colored, yes. Probably not plated or alloy. A fancy spring is not a functional or even performance enhancing requirement.

Last time I checked you could get a reo for around $130 with a 1 year warranty. Not sure how you came up with a 600% premium.

Last I saw it was $150.. Regardless, $130 is still 500% more than $25. Besides, I'm not in the market for another mod. At least not another UN-regulated mod. Problem is there isn't much out there right now, squonk wise under $100.

I'm wondering about the interchangeability of parts. At some point the blade switch is going to fail. Buying one is easier than making one. At some point the 510 connection and pin will fail. I also wonder about a diy fix or replacement there also.

m3th1dz

In way over his head
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 9, 2015
Philadelphia
Gold colored, yes. Probably not plated or alloy. A fancy spring is not a functional or even performance enhancing requirement.

Last I saw it was $150.. Regardless, $130 is still 500% more than $25. Besides, I'm not in the market for another mod. At least not another UN-regulated mod. Problem is there isn't much out there right now, squonk wise under $100.

I'm wondering about the interchangeability of parts. At some point the blade switch is going to fail. Buying one is easier than making one. At some point the 510 connection and pin will fail. I also wonder about a diy fix or replacement there also.
True. But you get what you pay for. Pay $25 and you're looking for replacement parts that you can't find. So then you buy another one. Now you're up to $50. 3 months later you're looking for parts again that you can't find. So you buy another one at $25. Now you're at $75. And alot of down time. Not worth it imo Just saying

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
um, on that point you would be wrong, the REO gold spring and firing pin will conduct better and give you a lower voltage drop. You do get what you pay for, the clone has a very thin and cheap firing pin.

93gc40

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2014
California
True. But you get what you pay for. Pay $25 and you're looking for replacement parts that you can't find. So then you buy another one. Now you're up to $50. 3 months later you're looking for parts again that you can't find. So you buy another one at $25. Now you're at $75. And alot of down time. Not worth it imo Just saying

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

God.... You fan boys are annoying.......
I could start with a $150 authentic and in roughly the same time periods, spend the same $$ replacing the same parts. Right. OR say buy 5-6 clones and toss them as parts fail. Seems about the same to me. I don't really know how long it will be before the clone needs to be rebuilt. BUT, I doubt it will be a much shorter time period, shorter sure. But that blade and 510 threads, pin bushing/seal. Those things are going to wear pretty close authentic or clone.

m3th1dz

In way over his head
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 9, 2015
Philadelphia
I could start with a $150 authentic and in roughly the same time periods, spend the same $$ replacing the same parts. Right. OR say buy 5-6 clones and toss them as parts fail. Seems about the same to me. I don't really know how long it will be before the clone needs to be rebuilt. BUT, I doubt it will be a much shorter time period, shorter sure. But that blade and 510 threads, pin bushing/seal. Those things are going to wear pretty close authentic or clone.
Hahaha. Fan boy. That's funny. I don't own a reo and probably never will. I'm just not a huge fan of clones. Especially when it's of something that is easily attainable.

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
Your clone WILL perform better with an authentic spring and firing pin. The firing pin will far outlast the clones with proper cleaning and maintenance. For ten bucks in parts you can upgrade that thing to OG REOlike specs. Not being a fanboi, just telling it like it is. Have fun with the attitude...:confused:

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2011
Illinois
You might want to post that question over on the Reo's section.

This probably wouldn't be the smartest thing to do...actually... He would probably get skewered by several people over there just like the last few people that mentioned them in Rob's forum...

I'd love a real Reo, just not enough to pay the 600%, premium.

Your off by a pretty good percentage there!!!

I could start with a $150 authentic and in roughly the same time periods, spend the same $$ replacing the same parts.

Haven't had to replace anything on my 2yr old grand yet... Probably won't have to either, because its a quality device...

As someone else pointed out already, you get what you pay for... Buy cheap and end up with cheap quality...and have to buy more to replace the cheap parts it was made with...

Pikeybarsteward

Verified Member
Aug 21, 2011
UK
Yeah the parts would fit . Much nicer build than the clones . Didn't see much difference in the bottle but apart from that the clone is inferior all round . :) They are the same shape but that's where the similarity ends .

I can get a cloned Reo delivered to my door for less than half the Import duty on a real one . That is insane . For me a clone is 1/15th of the price . It still isn't worth my time .

Over any sort of longer term authentic vaping equipment works out better economy in my experience . That isn't fanboi talk , it's just a fact of my life . Plus the Reo Grand hits harder :) .

Marc411

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2014
Windy City

I wouldn't call myself a fanboy, I have two that I picked up a couple years ago, one new the other used. I own several regulated mods and use them all the time too.

The REO is well built and if you aren't abusive needs no repairs. You wash them, fill them and vape. It's the most problem free device I own and damn near bullet proof. Two years (about) and 1 issue that I caused with a long 510 pin. A pretty reliable device.

Last edited:

93gc40

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2014
California
I don't own a REO but I would rather have a real one than a pile of junk.

So would I.... But I don't want or need to be preached at about the virtues of owning a REO. Or the sins of buying a clone. I want advise not opinions. All I wondered is, do the spare parts sold on the REOS site for REOS mods fit the clone? Yes or no.

So far, my clone has been bullet proof. I'd buy another. BUT, I see the parts and parts kits on the, Reos, site. I'll bet they wear out. (probably why Rob has them on his page). I look at my clone, say well that leaf IS kinda flimsy. I wonder if that stuff will fit my clone? I wonder are those part any better than just buying another clone, if the need ever arises? I wonder if some that stuff could be used to make a Franken mod? I wonder if those button caps will fit?

But no you gotta wade through the Fan Boy, Reo or anticlone, take your pick, BS to get a helpful answer. Somebody has both.. such a somebody might lokk at the 2 mods and compare.. Just saying.

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
So would I.... But I don't want or need to be preached at about the virtues of owning a REO. Or the sins of buying a clone. I want advise not opinions. All I wondered is, do the spare parts sold on the REOS site for REOS mods fit the clone? Yes or no.

So far, my clone has been bullet proof. I'd buy another. BUT, I see the parts and parts kits on the, Reos, site. I'll bet they wear out. (probably why Rob has them on his page). I look at my clone, say well that leaf IS kinda flimsy. I wonder if that stuff will fit my clone? I wonder are those part any better than just buying another clone, if the need ever arises? I wonder if some that stuff could be used to make a Franken mod? I wonder if those button caps will fit?

But no you gotta wade through the Fan Boy, Reo or anticlone, take your pick, BS to get a helpful answer. Somebody has both.. such a somebody might lokk at the 2 mods and compare.. Just saying.
seems to me, reading the responses...you're the only one in here with an attitude. The responses you got were helpful...except mine. I'm pretty sure you could go through the Reo Clone thread and get your own answer. Or I guess you could start another thread and wait to pounce with your "fan boy" crap. Either way, your attitude is a perfect match for your mod. Don't change a thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread