Will overcharging damage the batteries?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quixotic7

ECF Veteran
I was checking out Tenergy's site and they said that the charger automatically shuts off when the batteries are done charging. So is it safe to say I could leave the batteries on the charger overnight and not have to worry? Two of my batteries appear to be working pretty shotty, definately not working 6 hours of regular usage, more like 20 minutes.

Would it also be possible to use some disposable cr123's to carry in my car or something as emergency batts? If so, what mah's will work as I can't find any 750mah disposables.

CaSHMeRe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2008
USA
I haven't seen overcharging damage these Tenergy Batteries ... I have some 2 month old RCR's that have taken a beating ... all the resistor testing, etc... and still get decent life out of them (3-4 hours) I have left batteries on the charger for 24 hours + at a time and have seen no ill effect.

also, not sure on disposables ... i should check though!

tescela

ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2009
My charger went bye-bye last week and I was vaping on Duracell and Energizer disposables for 5 days. They worked perfect, but they are $$$. Neither battery stated the mah though. I did purchase 12 of these "just in case" not a bad deal, a buck a each, 1400 mah. cr123a

Your charger for the Prodigy batteries already died?

invidregis

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 16, 2008
Chicago, USA
No, I was using a generic charger for my own personal catch of batteries. Tenergy batteries have a proprietary protection circuit that will only work with there chargers. So when I charged them with the generic charger, the batteries only lasted 20 minutes. With Tenergy's charger, the same batteries last 8 hours.

Quixotic7

ECF Veteran
I think I've got too many batteries! I now have 7 pairs of batteries. I ordered a bunch of the Tenergies because the two pairs I got with the Prodigy, well, I didn't initially charge them for 4 hours, and their performance at first was aweful. But they have worked in to their full performance and are now lasting around 6 hours! Oh well, guess I'll never have any battery problems. Because of the prodigy, I'm giving my other e-cigs to friends!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread