Will the 510 DCT V2 Tank work with Boge 510 LR Cartos?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Axident

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2012
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
I am thinking of ordering the Smoktech 510 DCT V2 tank and getting the 510 Boge LR Cartomizers as replacements for the stock Smoktech Cartos. My concern is that I only have a regular 650 mAH battery that in not variable voltage. I have heard that the dual coil cartos don't work at peak efficiency at the lower voltage ranges which is why I was going to get the Boge 510 LR Cartos to use with my Ego 650 Battery. I am primarily concerned because I know the Smoktech Cartos have a metal lip that prevents them from being pushed through the tank and the Boge cartos do not have this. Will I still get a tight enough seal with the Boge carto to prevent leaking? Or will I need to either A) stick with the Smoktech Cartos OR B) mod the tank for a better fit with the Boge cartos. Any advice on this would be greatly appreciated!!

Last edited:

sailorman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2010
Podunk, FLA
As long as you don't try to hold the tank and pull the drip tip off when it's disconnected from the batteries, you don't need the flange at the bottom of the carto and the Boges will work. The flange doesn't prevent leaking, it only keeps the tank from sliding off the carto.

The DCT tanks are "slidy" on any carto. I liked the one I had so much I threw it in the trash the second day I had it. I'd spend the extra money and get a decent tank, like a J-tank. Better yet, you can get a Vivi Nova tank for $12.50 and save money and hassle on punching and replacing cartomizers. They have 3 heads that come with them. The 1.8ohm and 2.4ohms should work fine and you can get replacements for $2.50, which is better than buying punched cartos all the time. You can also rebuild them in 5 minutes for about a dime.

beamrider

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 4, 2012
C-Bus
I use a few of those tanks, but I use Boge SR 3.0 ohm single coil cartos in them, the plain jane ones without the flange. Much cheaper that way, and a saddle valve center punch makes the holes for me. Well, actually I use the 3 ohm ones on my crappy LT and 2 ohm ones on regular 3.7vdc batteries/boxes. A big belly drip tip prevents the tank from sliding around on the carto in my case. All the benefits of a tank system, with the cheapness of a cartomiser. I have noticed tho, that the carto sometimes has issues with not wicking enough from the tank, but a few "dry hits" until the carto sounds bubbly again solves that for me.

Cloud Wizard

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 24, 2012
Somewhere in PA on my Ultra Limited
I use standard sized Boge 3.0 in DCT tanks all the time (2.0's would work fine at 3.7v). 3.5ml is perfect for me, they're cheap, and I've never had one leak (I keep 4 in rotation at all times for quick flavor switches). Now to the question, "aren't standard cartos too short for a DCT Tank?" Answer: yep, but there 's a thing called a long barrel drip tip that makes it A-OK :)

IMG_0553.jpg IMG_0554.jpg IMG_0556.jpg IMG_0557.jpg

P.S. the long barrel drip tips is from Siam Mods and the saddle valve is from Home Depot - Taryn sling I made myself in case you can't tell...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread