Will the real protank 2 mini plz stand up...!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trev1

ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2013
CT/NYC
IM seeing that there are some protank 2 minis that have removable drip tips and some that don't !? Was the beta PT mini 2s originally with the drip tip removable ? And now are not?

here's what I wanted...

http://.........blogspot.com/2013/07/low-kanger-mini-protank-2-1423.html

f099d5959f84f11fd37f65a4456769be_zpsb9ec6c18.jpg

.....BUT ...I preordered this one here which i thought was with a removable drip

Kanger Mini ProTank 2! The Newest Pyrex Clearomizer for Electronic Cigarettes.

aeb38d4c9c8d3f8bce962f74ac6e83f6_zps776936c1.jpg

8984e9a7b36e7d7b78611ed3c263b0bc_zps977822a8.jpg

Any insight?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:

Elantis

~≈Dragonfly≈~
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 31, 2012
Hoosier Cornhusker
Kanger pushed the button on the release of the Mini PT2 with the removable drip tip prior to it being ready. Like Kanger has done so many times in the past..

The picture on the box actually shows a removable drip tip but all the vendors are getting the static drip tip (not removable.) According to Kanger it could be anywhere between 20 days to 2/3 months before the removable drip tip is available.

Not the vendors fault - it's Kanger!

Trev1

ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2013
CT/NYC
Kanger pushed the button on the release of the Mini PT2 with the removable drip tip prior to it being ready. Like Kanger has done so many times in the past..

The picture on the box actually shows a removable drip tip but all the vendors are getting the static drip tip (not removable.) According to Kanger it could be anywhere between 20 days to 2/3 months before the removable drip tip is available.

Not the vendors fault - it's Kanger!

So will here actually be a removable tip coming then? And nobody has one except reviewers with beta versions? Man that blows...

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
Don't be fooled by their(Kangers) BS either. They did the design. They released the Prototypes for Review. They got Positive feedback and were good to go.
But............What to do with all this Old and now Worthless stock of Fixed PT-mini tops?
Boom, we get stuck with a hybred to clear out their inventory.

It is called Bait and Switch and Kanger, after twice doing this in less than 6 Months, has taken a BIG hit in my list of trusted Manufacturers.

Trev1

ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2013
CT/NYC
So true brother ...so true...and I feel for the vendors who paid already for this and feel they need to make up for their lies....
Don't be fooled by their(Kangers) BS either. They did the design. They released the Prototypes for Review. They got Positive feedback and were good to go.
But............What to do with all this Old and now Worthless stock of Fixed PT-mini tops?
Boom, we get stuck with a hybred to clear out their inventory.

It is called Bait and Switch and Kanger, after twice doing this in less than 6 Months, has taken a BIG hit in my list of trusted Manufacturers.

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
Last week I accidently bought some "fake" protanks.

Maybe there will be some fake minis out soon with the removable tips.:closedeyes:

Already available. Hopefully mine will ship from FT tomorrow. The copy does not come apart like the PT2-mini but the tip is removable and that is all matters to me at this point.

Screamin Eagle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2013
Maryland
So will here actually be a removable tip coming then? And nobody has one except reviewers with beta versions? Man that blows...

Well unless you dead set against buying anything but a Mini ProTank here is another option for a mini, all metal and pyrex BC tank that uses Kanger bottom coil heads, can be broken down for cleaning, and has a removeable drip tip. AnyVape Davide Mini Glassomizer .
I own one of these and, aside from it having a light draw, it's a really nice set up.
They also have a non-mini version.

dailywalker

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 24, 2013
Fantastica
I'm looking forward to them - I really like the design and being able to use acidic/cinnamon flavours, but my first mini ProTank only lasted a couple of days before coming apart :( I've ordered more but things take forever to get to where I live - guess I need to find some glue.

I went to Walmart today to pick up Aleene`s Jewelry and metal glue. It should be in the arts and crafts section. I wanted to have this glue in our vaping supplies. Well just in case I need to repair a glued Protank. I do have the older style Kanger full sized tanks. I have some knock off mini pro-tanks made with glass. So far so good with those YMMV. I thought I should have this glue before I need it. They also recommended a very fine grit sandpaper.

I watched a video on Utube where the lady recommended this glue for fixing a mini pro-tanks glass after using cinnamon oil. I cant remember the ladies name though who was in the video.

I am not concerned with the drip tips on the new ones. I do like the fact they can be taken apart fully without glue. That would be a tank to use with cinnamon and caustic flavors. I am diggin the fact the knock offs are going down in price. I am going to try a few plastic ones for my out and about vaping with the twists I am waiting on. I am a klutz and the Mini pro-tanks with glass make me nervous out and about and they are heavier with the ego batteries. I also took a small piece of scotch tape and covered an air hole because the hit was a bit airy.

Good luck if you fix the tanks.

ElectricalSocket

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Houston
Are companies stupid or what? Do they not see the growing trend of people wanting honesty and transparency over lies? We aren't stupid, and for Kanger to say it was a 'design change' is insulting. If they came out and said 'we needed to use these excess mini v1 parts', I would forgive. If they make the new v2 mini with stainless steel, I might forgive. Otherwise, I don't feel comfortable giving a company who calls me a dumb ... my money.

I vowed to never buy from Kanger again because of the initial PT glue issue. Then I saw they were proactive with making an updated glue-free version of v.1 and thought 'hey they're a good company'. Then I recently saw all the original glued PT's still for sale from the company and was a little disappointed because they really are a health hazard. I understand that business is business, but thought they could just re-use the parts to make more glue-free devices. Now this, and I'm pretty .......

Not because they used the excess mini v1 parts to make glue-free mini's (that's great!). It's because they LIED to us about the bait/switch. It's because they're calling me a fool. It's because I (we) were expecting a different device and can't buy it for months. In the past, all of the stringing along/planned obsolescence at least made positive changes. i.e. instead of just using top quality materials from the beginning, it's been little baby steps....on purpose.

Melting/burning plastic? Ok we'll try another plastic (PP)
Burning grommet? Ok we'll try a different material and/or use thick lower resistance legs
Coil choking the wick? We'll make it looser (the PT was the first good head I saw, besides the silica)

THIS though....this is BLATENT in your face BS. They show us something that's 2 steps ahead of the Protank (glue-free+removable drip tip), and then release a product that's only one step ahead (glue-free) so we have to buy the other in a few months. This is what stupidity+greed does. Don't they realize there is a demand for BOTH products? Especially if the 'static' version was $4-5 cheaper. Instead of making more money by doing this, they are going to lose loyal customers and resellers forever and lose a lot of money. I was going to buy at least 50 and saw another person mention the same thing. I thought these would be perfect for selling to friends and family.

If they make the new new ones with SS, I'll give them my money. Otherwise, I'll have my own made and they can kiss my brass. Words can't describe how stupid this move was. :grr:

/rant

Last edited:

VBGreg

Moved On
Sep 6, 2013
Baltimore, MD
  • Deleted by Misty
  • Reason: unregistered associate

DasBluCig

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 30, 2013
Chichester, NH
E-mailed MyVaporStore yesterday.....they are CURRENTLY selling the Mini PT2 with the one-piece tip.....but SHOULD have the v.2 in 10-14 days....
I'll wait....I have a new Protank 2 and my T3's will last a bit longer!!!:D
BTW....Kudos (again!!!!:)) to MVS.....they replied to my e-mail within 30 minutes!!!!!!! OUTSTANDING!!!!:thumbs:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread