FDA Will there be an FDA announcement today, August 8th?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stuart G

Apr 15, 2014
South Jersey, USA
What sort of announcement are you expecting?

The comments submissions don't close until 11.59pm EST tonight anyway, so any announcement would surely come next week.

Thank you for that info.... I'm just gonna enjoy my vaping and not worry about anything. Even if vaping were to disappear entirely I could not go back to smoking, so I'm thinking of other alternatives, and nothing seems too attractive to me.

SolRayz

Jan 2, 2012
Fort Lauderdale
The only annoucement that I would like to hear, is this...

Here at the FDA we take pride in our jobs, and are committed to honesty and sound science. We have read all of the good peoples comments and appreciate the feedback. We would also like to annouce, that despite massive pressure by Big Pharma and the Tobacco industry, we are incapable of regulating an ejuice product that has not proven to have any toxicity and pose's little risk to the general public. Now back to real business, like regulating the corrupt and criminal entities of Big Pharma...thank you and god bless.

sonicdsl

Wandering life's highway
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 11, 2011
The regulations are not really imminent, just the end of the comment period to help try to get them to do it better. Even if they move forward as currently proposed, it will take quite a bit of time to go through the rest of the process (submitting to OMB, GAO, Congress, etc.) and approvals.

SeniorBoy

VapeFight.com Founder
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2013
Las Vegas, NV
vapefight.com
We ought to get a pool going for date of Final Rule.

I think the over/under would be around Jan. 1st 2015. I'd take the over.

OMG! :) We are on the same page. /lol /no offence intended. Point taken.

Given the blowing of the winds if you follow my drift, politicians with vacations, mid term elections, the "Holidays", chess playing, the mechanics involved in the required regulatory procedures, and digesting the comments I would say that the publication of the Final Rule in the Federal Register will occur late in the second quarter of 2015 which of course is not the end of the regulatory procedure. Tantalizing "glimpses/lookie looks" will occur late in the first quarter of 2015.

:)

EDITED for specificity.

Last edited:

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Thank you for that info.... I'm just gonna enjoy my vaping and not worry about anything. Even if vaping were to disappear entirely I could not go back to smoking, so I'm thinking of other alternatives, and nothing seems too attractive to me.

That is Good for You. But what about Current Smokers who have not even Tried an e-Cigarette Yet?

I would like to See them have the Chance of Successfully Quitting Smoking as Someone who Tries an e-Cigarette Today Has.

Low Limits on Nicotine, Severely Reduced Flavor Options, Pre 2007 Hardware, and No Internet Sales is Not Going to Hurt Me. I have Enough to for the Rest of My Life if I choose.

But it is Going to Dramatically Effect the Next Generation of e-Cigarette Users. And make it Harder for them to Switch. And Easier to just Keep Smoking and Suffer the Consequences of Doing so.

Stuart G

Apr 15, 2014
South Jersey, USA
That is Good for You. But what about Current Smokers who have not even Tried an e-Cigarette Yet?

I would like to See them have the Chance of Successfully Quitting Smoking as Someone who Tries an e-Cigarette Today Has.

Low Limits on Nicotine, Severely Reduced Flavor Options, Pre 2007 Hardware, and No Internet Sales is Not Going to Hurt Me. I have Enough to for the Rest of My Life if I choose.

But it is Going to Dramatically Effect the Next Generation of e-Cigarette Users. And make it Harder for them to Switch. And Easier to just Keep Smoking and Suffer the Consequences of Doing so.
How can I get a lifetime supply like that? Sounds great!!

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
The regulations are not really imminent, just the end of the comment period to help try to get them to do it better. Even if they move forward as currently proposed, it will take quite a bit of time to go through the rest of the process (submitting to OMB, GAO, Congress, etc.) and approvals.

Ooo! Congress! Nothing ever happens there!

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Thank you zoiDman.

No Problem.

JSYK - 3 Litters of 100mg would make about 16,665ml of 18mg e-Liquid And if you use about 5ml per day, then that would be about a 9 Year Supply.

And for someone who Dropped down to 9mg/ml after 5 Years, it would be about a 13 Year Supply.

Stuart G

Apr 15, 2014
South Jersey, USA
No Problem.

JSYK - 3 Litters of 100mg would make about 16,665ml of 18mg e-Liquid And if you use about 5ml per day, then that would be about a 9 Year Supply.

And for someone who Dropped down to 9mg/ml after 5 Years, it would be about a 13 Year Supply.

I'm gonna get on that zoiDman. Thanks my friend. I too want to help others switch to vaping from smoking. I keep extra devices at home for smokers that come over. They always choose delicious vapor indoors over stinky smoke on the balcony. I'd love to hear one of my friends come to me and say, "Thank you. My life has changed."

Last edited:

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
I'm gonna get on that zoiDman. Thanks my friend. I too want to help others switch to vaping from smoking. I keep extra devices at home for smokers that come over. They always choose delicious vapor indoors over stinky smoke on the balcony. I'd love to hear one of my friends come to me and say, "Thank you. My life has changed."

:danger: Make sure you head to the DIY forum so you know what you are getting into. Handling 100 mg nic is potentially dangerous and proper precautions need to be followed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread