Will these work on an Evod?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcduffy

ECF Veteran
  • Jul 9, 2017
    Funny but after all these years I still use basic cleros. Right now I am using an evod 2 but I actually ordered these just to have,as well as coils for my Evod2, I have been stocking up on stuff like this, as I can't see well enough to rebuild coils. The only question I have is, these coils that they call for look just like the coils I used in my original Evod years ago, but it calls for a different coil for those T3S cleros.

Compatible T3S Replacement Coils?
    MT3s or T3s coils https://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10005274/1641700-authentic-coil-heads-for-t3s-clearomizer-5-pack thread into your existing base. They look just like evod or protank coils, but the circular disc above the threads is a mm or so smaller, so evod coils won't work in the T3s. T3s coils should work in an evod. MT3s and T3s use the same coils, just different style tanks.

Is this an EVOD or an MT3 and which coils does it take?
    The problem is the MT3s & T3s use a different coil than a PT/EVOD. The fitting on the base of an MT3s is smaller, and the diameter of the metal washer on the coil (right below the wicks) is correspondingly smaller. If it is a MT3s base and you put a PT/EVOD coil in it, that metal washer rides on top of the fitting it's supposed to go down into. Then you get leaking and problems making electrical contact with the battery because the coil can't seat properly.

whats the difference between evod and MT3S replacement heads?
    The T3S/MT3S head is narrower at the flange above the threads that attach to the base. Thus a T3S head can fit in any Kanger unit, even an Evod or Protank, however the Evod/Protank heads can't fit in a T3/MT3/T3S/MT3S, the base won't set right with a gap, not sealing the tank up.

whats the difference between evod and MT3S replacement heads?
    Ok, to tell the difference between a PT/EVOD head and a T3s/MT3s head:

Right under the wick there is what looks like a round flat metal washer. That washer has a small o-ring underneath it. That metal washer is larger on a PT/EVOD head that it is on a T3s/MT3s head. If you put a PT/EVOD head on a T3s/MT3s base, the metal washer is too large, and you can feel it extending over the part of the base where it is supposed to be making flush contact.

If you look straight down at the two different heads side by side you can see the difference in size of the metal washer. If you put a PT/EVOD head on a T3s or Mt3s base you can feel it. If you run your fingernail up underneath the mounted coil and it catches on the metal washer you but the "big one" on the wrong base. It's not a subtle difference.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread