Will they ban the actual E-cig or the nicotine?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xanax

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2010
East Coast
So, are they going to ban the actual devices or the products used to make vaping possible? Are they just going to ban the sale of pharmaceutical grade nicotine to civilians/companies? I don't really understand what's going on with all the bans and what they're ACTUALLY looking to ban...

And how soon could these bans take affect in whole? Like, the day that we can no longer buy any e-cigs whatsoever.

(Probably in the wrong forum, I apologize for that.)

Jonmo1

ECF Veteran
Apr 26, 2010
Bryan, TX
Although once the bans come into place the prices of ecigs will likely go up as there will be much less demand.

so much wrong about that statement.

1) history says making something illegal actually INCREASES demand
2) that is opposite oh how supply and demand works.
The lower the demand, the lower the price. If nobody wants your product, you can't really raise the price. If a lot of people want it, then you can charge more.

But I agree, as long as we want it, it will be available.
I don't think bans will be too strictly enforced, they've got more important stuff to worry about. Just don't go vaping right in front of a cop.

JollyRogers

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2009
Virginia
Just don't go vaping right in front of a cop.

??? If the FDA bans E-Cigs, it makes it illegal to sell/distribute them in the US, not use. There would have to be laws put in place to make it illegal to possess a PV and nicotine to be found guilty of anything. Now that still does not prevent a LEO from arresting you or confiscating your PV based on suspicion of using it for an illegal substance. As long as you can purchase cigarettes and a pipe, how would it be illegal to have a PV and nicotine?

Remove the nicotine, and how could they be banned? I don't understand how they could prevent someone from selling just the PV... but knowing the FDA and the ABC soup, because it "looks" like smoking, even without nicotine they will try to find a way.

Can't they just leave us alone. I swear Don't smoke cigarettes, it's bad for you, Ok fine we've stopped! now they are saying don't do this either. When are they going to leave us along. We don't rob steal or murder we just live as best we can and do what is enjoyable to us to take the edge off.
I'm sorry but you can't convince me completely that cigarettes actually hurts everyone else. I'm beginning to think we are the only ones these non smokers can stomp on and get away with it. It's my body I'll do what I darn well please.

Be sure and take all the non hurting pleasure away from us so all the drugs and alcohol that makes you really crazy can move forward in high demand. :mad:

BradSmith

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 8, 2010
Northern Michigan USA
Can't they just leave us alone. I swear Don't smoke cigarettes, it's bad for you, Ok fine we've stopped! now they are saying don't do this either. When are they going to leave us along. We don't rob steal or murder we just live as best we can and do what is enjoyable to us to take the edge off.
I'm sorry but you can't convince me completely that cigarettes actually hurts everyone else. I'm beginning to think we are the only ones these non smokers can stomp on and get away with it. It's my body I'll do what I darn well please.

Be sure and take all the non hurting pleasure away from us so all the drugs and alcohol that makes you really crazy can move forward in high demand. :mad:

No victim no crime. I wonder how many e-cig users will begin to understand that this applies to many things other than just e-cigs. Will they remain convinced that it should only apply to something they deem worthy, or will they take the time and understand that the Libertarian Ideal of ownership extends to your own body and any property that you own?

Every Crime Needs a Victim by Laurence M. Vance

I hope that this leads a new group of people into the understanding of personal responsibility and how that goes hand in hand with Liberty.

cliff5550

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2009
West Central Illinois - USA
Gee whiz folks. Don't you understand they just want to ban these to protect us? Heck, the E-cig Police just want to join up with the Food Police, and all the other know-it-alls who just can't live without putting their nose in everyone else's business..and pleasures. It doesn't matter if e-cigs do no harm and actually help the people who use them.
You know you can't be trusted to make your own decisions. Now calm down.

MrGreen

Moved On
May 19, 2010
Wisconsin
If they did this.
I am wondering if you could get a prescription for nicotine from your doctor as a stop smoking aid? Pills have side effects. I think it should be "your" choice of what method you use to quit!

Doctors can only prescribe something thats FDA approved, and the FDA has no intention of testing or approving it.
The FDA should be given a deadline to do a study on e-cigs. They cant ban them based on the fact that THEY didnt do a study, when they have no intention to do a study.

CES

optimistic cynic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2010
Birmingham, Al
Doctors can only prescribe something thats FDA approved, and the FDA has no intention of testing or approving it.
The FDA should be given a deadline to do a study on e-cigs. They cant ban them based on the fact that THEY didnt do a study, when they have no intention to do a study.

It's true that FDA approval is required for drugs to be available by prescription- but once they're available they don't *have* to be prescribed for the original condition. Docs often prescribe drugs for off label use. A drug may be approved for condition A or in population A, but someone notices that it might work for condition B or population B. Docs prescribe it for condition B on that basis, but no studies have been done, and the FDA doesn't seem to police off label use. I'm not exactly sure if this can be used for e-cigs, but it is another example of the inconsistency of the FDA.

Studies are usually done by the manufacturer, rather than the FDA. Does anyone have any information why the FDA even did that initial crappy study that they are relying on so much?

o4_srt

ECF Veteran
Jun 2, 2010
Lancaster, PA
I'm really not worried about it, Cuban cigars are illegal to import, but relatively easy to get. Most overseas stores have no problem shipping to the USA. To get through customs, they label them as "gentleman's pleasure products." Sounds kind of raunchy, but gets the job done. Furthermore, most stores guarantee delivery.

I've never had a problem

reverendg

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Apr 10, 2010
washington USA
www.themadvaper.com
It's true that FDA approval is required for drugs to be available by prescription- but once they're available they don't *have* to be prescribed for the original condition. Docs often prescribe drugs for off label use. A drug may be approved for condition A or in population A, but someone notices that it might work for condition B or population B. Docs prescribe it for condition B on that basis, but no studies have been done, and the FDA doesn't seem to police off label use. I'm not exactly sure if this can be used for e-cigs, but it is another example of the inconsistency of the FDA.

Studies are usually done by the manufacturer, rather than the FDA. Does anyone have any information why the FDA even did that initial crappy study that they are relying on so much?

Simple, the big tobbacco companies are in bed so to speak) with the fda. They don't want us to quit. Too much money at stake. that's what it always come down to with big brother, who can pay more.

Xanax

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2010
East Coast
Gee whiz folks. Don't you understand they just want to ban these to protect us? Heck, the E-cig Police just want to join up with the Food Police, and all the other know-it-alls who just can't live without putting their nose in everyone else's business..and pleasures. It doesn't matter if e-cigs do no harm and actually help the people who use them.
You know you can't be trusted to make your own decisions. Now calm down.
Haha I enjoyed this post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread