Will this battery charger be ok for a VTC4 or VTC5?

Status
Not open for further replies.

danfinger

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 29, 2014
Virgo Super Cluster
Hi~
Got one of these with my provari mini kit:
S1mix-2T.jpg

It says that it "works with a variety of different size 3.7V batteries."

But the sony batteries are "Charging Voltage: 4.20+-0.05V"

Just trying to figure out exactly how much the upgrade to the VS rDNA30 is going to cost me. If I need a new charger, what's the best one to go for if I'm charging VTC4's & VTC5s? I figure two bays is enough- I don't have that many batteries.
TY!

Ed_C

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2013
Seligman, MO
The intellicharger i2 and i4 are awesome. They stop charging once the battery is fully charged so there's no risk of overcharging.

Honestly, I have no idea if that charger will work or not but my gut tells me no because of the voltage difference.

The batteries we use are 3.7V, but fully charged they read 4.2V

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Hi~
Got one of these with my provari mini kit:
S1mix-2T.jpg

It says that it "works with a variety of different size 3.7V batteries."

But the sony batteries are "Charging Voltage: 4.20+-0.05V"

Just trying to figure out exactly how much the upgrade to the VS rDNA30 is going to cost me. If I need a new charger, what's the best one to go for if I'm charging VTC4's & VTC5s? I figure two bays is enough- I don't have that many batteries.
TY!

That charger is the correct type and will charge to 4.2V +-0.05. I don't know how good the charger is though and without knowing the model number I can't find a review on it. Personally I would get a Xtar, but that's just me :)

danfinger

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 29, 2014
Virgo Super Cluster
That charger is the correct type and will charge to 4.2V +-0.05. I don't know how good the charger is though and without knowing the model number I can't find a review on it. Personally I would get a Xtar, but that's just me :)

It's a 'Tenergy TN270' and it looks like it will work ... But I'm also a quality over price type. The tenergy makes a really high frequency noise that drives me crazy (sounds like it comes from the little LED lights). I only need half a reason to chuck it.

Thanks all!

Cullin Kin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 28, 2014
The 3Oh!3, Colorado
www.youtube.com
It's a 'Tenergy TN270' and it looks like it will work ... But I'm also a quality over price type. The tenergy makes a really high frequency noise that drives me crazy (sounds like it comes from the little LED lights). I only need half a reason to chuck it.

Thanks all!

lol that would drive me nuts!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread