Will this IKV work with this IBT + other noob questions ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

cloudkat

ECF Veteran
Jul 18, 2009
Panama City, Fl
I have an ego-t (1000mAh) that I am wanting to put a tank on.
After reading here about the IBT tanks and adding the IKV cartomizers, that is the way I would like to go, if I can.
Since all the 510 stuff on IKV is out of stock I guess i will have to go with the 801 stuff and use an adapter. No big deal I guess.
So, out of what he has in stock, I have chosen the 801 Mega Fusion Punch 3ohm.
Then looking at the IBT site, there are different sizes (lengths?) in tanks. What I would like to go with is the 22mm tank with the standard tube.

So, here are the questions;
1 - since my ego-t is only putting out 3.3v and everything on the IKV site says 3.7, can I even use these at all, or if it will still work will I just not get a good vape? If this is the case, what tank/cartos would you guys recommend me use with my ego-t?
2 - Will the IKV 801 Mega fit in the IBT 22mm standard tank or do I need to choose a different size?
3 - Even if both 1 and 2 above can be answered in the positive, is this the best setup to go with since I am using a 3.3v ego-t?

Ozwald

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2013
Montana
1 - It'll work, but you won't be putting as much power to the carto. Ohm's Law (google it) will show you the simple math equation to figure out the difference - it's not hard, but if I do your homework you'll fail the math test next week.
2 - The Mega's work with the XL tubes. Use a standard length carto for the standard tubes. The Mega will work, but it'll be sticking out the top of the tank by quite a bit.
3 - I don't know, I've never had an Ego.

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash
I have an ego-t (1000mAh) that I am wanting to put a tank on.
After reading here about the IBT tanks and adding the IKV cartomizers, that is the way I would like to go, if I can.
Since all the 510 stuff on IKV is out of stock I guess i will have to go with the 801 stuff and use an adapter. No big deal I guess.
So, out of what he has in stock, I have chosen the 801 Mega Fusion Punch 3ohm.
Then looking at the IBT site, there are different sizes (lengths?) in tanks. What I would like to go with is the 22mm tank with the standard tube.

So, here are the questions;
1 - since my ego-t is only putting out 3.3v and everything on the IKV site says 3.7, can I even use these at all, or if it will still work will I just not get a good vape? If this is the case, what tank/cartos would you guys recommend me use with my ego-t?
2 - Will the IKV 801 Mega fit in the IBT 22mm standard tank or do I need to choose a different size?
3 - Even if both 1 and 2 above can be answered in the positive, is this the best setup to go with since I am using a 3.3v ego-t?

I have some 510 Standard Mega Fusions I will let go.

To add to what Ozwald was saying here is an Ohms Calculator http://www.ohmslawcalculator.com/ohms_law_calculator.php

Last edited:

Freefall_Doug

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Does this mean the width of the 801 fusions is the same as a 510? I thought it was because they use the same drip tips.

I am also assuming that a 510 mega, and a 801 mega is the same length above the metal band that protrudes out from the main body of the carto. That makes sense because otherwise it would be short on a XL tube, because my platinum 510's are almost exactly the right length on my XL IBT tank, with just a tiny bit of extra length so I can have some airflow between the tank and my provari.

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash
The 510 fusion has 510 threads and the 801 has 801 threads. That's the only difference. The Fusion and the mega Fusion are the same diameter. The difference lies in the length. The tubes are all supposed to be the same diameter but he did get a batch they sent him with the wrong diameter. I'm sure they are all gone now though so no problem a 510 tip should fit. His do and I haven't had any problems with tips fitting. Some tips by other vendors might not fit but to date mine have all fit.
For an XL tank you would need Mega because the standard would be too short.
Here is the 510 threads:

2186.JPG

This is the 801 threads:

1866.JPG

Last edited:

Freefall_Doug

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Thanks for the response. I get the thread difference, I have both types of the adapters 801/510 adapters that IKEN sells (excluding the gold). Just wasn't sure about the length without having them both in front of me.

I happen to have un-punched SR 801 Mega's. They are very nice indeed! Bet they would be even better punched and in a tank.

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash
Thanks for the response. I get the thread difference, I have both types of the adapters 801/510 adapters that IKEN sells (excluding the gold). Just wasn't sure about the length without having them both in front of me.

I happen to have un-punched SR 801 Mega's. They are very nice indeed! Bet they would be even better punched and in a tank.

I have tried just about everything including the I30 I just got because of all the hype and I haven't found anything that vapes as well as a tanked Fusion. Everybody has their own tastes though so that's just my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread