Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
New Zealand
2-15 watts
3-5 volts
Builtin USB battery charger
Able to sync with a PC for settings, statistical data, and firmware upgrades
Incredible screen

If it's accurate and built to last ... The Joye eVic is going to change the way people think of pvs.

Where does it say you can vary the watts? I can't find anything that says that. Or are you just saying that's it's range.
I was really liking the look the pc interface as - it looks like you can upload data onto your pc.

ETA: ok, I found this: "You can adjust the output power from 2.0W to 15w and
the output voltage from 3.0V to 5.0V by yourself."

http://www.joyetech.com/product/details.php?gno=128

But doesn't seem to have a function to just dial the watts you want. Ah well... all will be revealed.

Last edited:

kiwivap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
New Zealand
The 18350 Vamo is 1/4" longer than a Bolt 18500 and 1 1/8" longer than a telescope 18350 and the fire button is in the middle of the unit.

EDIT:
Corrected telescope length difference

Thankyou. I have Bolt so that gives me an idea. My Vamo has left China but don't know how long before it reaches me.

kiwivap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
New Zealand
Its says its a VW right on the site. Scroll to the picture of the device where it points out the features and look on the right hand side.

Its ok - I just read the manual for the eVic:
Joyetech Manual Download

It has vw and vv. Seems vw and vv on the same device is becoming the thing. I think I'll wait and see how people find it first. The software thing is cool, but I'd like to hear how it vapes. The eVic that is (in case anyone thinks I'm talking about the Vamo).

Last edited:

kiwivap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
New Zealand
Yup ... the hardware needs to be put through the ringer before I jump. Software wise though ... its nice to know you can download a fix and not have to buy a new device or send it out for servicing.

The software is the sort of thing that when I saw it I thought, well of course, and then wondered why it hadn't happened sooner. It seems so obvious looking at it, yet still was a surprise, if you know what I mean. Software can be a bit buggy on first roll out sometimes. Not saying it will be, but I'll wait to hear.

If it can do vv and vw, maintain constancy under load, is reasonably robust, and the software works - it could be a game changer.

Last edited:

tc1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 26, 2011
Ohio
The problem has been the chipsets the vendors use, which have no usb port functionality. REALLY interested in seeing how this changes the apv market.

Who knows ... maybe in a year or two EVERY vendor will have a chipset with an usb interface that can be used to flash. Heck ... by then we might have APVs with color oled touch screens. Lol

LeftCoastVaper

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 12, 2010
Mill Valley, CA
www.nexgenvapor.com
tc1:7870289 said:
Who knows ... maybe in a year or two EVERY vendor will have a chipset with an usb interface that can be used to flash. Heck ... by then we might have APVs with color oled touch screens. Lol
It'll all come down to basics such as build quality, voltage or wattage consistency, and software reliability. In the end, fancy features are great but if the fundamentals aren't there it's just hype. That said, I'm looking forward to V3, which should be awesome! :)

AnsonJames

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2011
IRELAND
Finally got hold of a Vamo, vapes as well as my Provari and looks surprisingly nice.
Having owned a L-Rider and Young June Lavatube, I have to say they'll have to up their game in order to compete.

I also think this PV looks a lot classier than the Volcano V2.

DSC_0436.jpg
DSC_0433-1.jpg

myyrkezaan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2012
Clayton, NC
Looks, schmooks ;). I like the way they both look.

It does look nice and I'm getting used to the thin-ness and battery rattle. Also found 2 comfortable positions when using 18350.

Have you noticed that the button doesn't fire sometimes or the 5 clicks don't turn it on and you have to do it again?

Haven't used an 18* VV before this, do the batteries usually drain so much faster?

AnsonJames

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2011
IRELAND
Not had any misfires but the buttons do rattle (the rubber buttons obviously wouldn't) and the battery (18650) moves around in the tube.
Even with these flaws it's an amazing pv for the money.

You should get about a day out of the 18650's, a little longer from 2 x 18350's and about 3 to 4 hours from a single 18350.

cjb313

ECF Veteran
Jun 14, 2010
Las Vegas
What I think is Hilarious is that "consequently" Volcano was set to release the V1 LT in OCT. But somehow it didn't get "officially" released until right after Thanksgiving..
Hmm.. Skip ahead a year and the V2 was supposed to be released in OCT. But it got "officially" released until "after Thanksgiving" !!
Volcano sets the trap.. And we all fall for the hype.. Well at least I did last year.. Not this time Volcano !!
If you look at how much has occurred in just one years time from the original lava tube and clones to now it's incredible.. Technology is exponential each year so in a year from now ?? Or if math is correct about 3 months from now we should see some very nice units..
As for Volcano I wouldn't purchase anything from them again since they are lax on their warranty (unless you're a fan boy that is, then "shadow joke" replaces just about anything lol).. If not you'll get a aloha greeting with an "I'm sorry" or a call from a pin head that doesn't know .....!! Also it has a super wide gurth and an outrageous price, for china made product with their logo !! But again that's just my 2 cents...

AnsonJames

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2011
IRELAND
Well the original Lava was a game changer and I doubt we would have had the likes of the Zmax or even the Twists without it, at the same time this V2 may have an American made chipset but it doesn't change the fact it brings nothing new to the equation.

I also think it's cheeky of them to state this is the most advanced PV on the market because it's utterly untrue, it's no even close to being the most advanced.

Ctor

static void Main()
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 22, 2012
New Jersey
It killed the LT for me. I was waiting for the new LT 2.0 to arrive at Volcano for a couple of months. My YJ Lavatube had been acting up lately needing frequent contact cleaning routines and some trouble with the 510 connector threads loosening up. It still works but I don't know for how long.

So I decided to grab a vamo based on the reviews, figuring worst case I'd use it until I could get a LT 2.0 and then have a half decent backup PV.

After spending a good few days with the Vamo, I no longer feel the need or desire for a LT 2.0. Instead, I'm going to get at least one more for mini mode to take with me to work. The thing works great, feels solid, and the black chrome/gunmetal looks terrific. And the price point is just short of insane considering the feel and features.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread