Will Vamo Extinguish the LT?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrwilliams2

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 30, 2012
Greenville, NC
The volt/watt up button started crapping out on me 2 weeks after I received my VAMO. It doesn't work at all now. Still vapes fine but it i have to round robin down to increase the power. Sure, it's solid. Sure, it's made out of steel. Sure, it looks nice. But the insides are junk just like most other things out of china.

I've had 3 or 4 ego's, two spinners, and a VAMO. I had problems with everything except for one of my spinners. Add all that up and could have bought a Provari from the start.

Last edited:

mrwilliams2

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 30, 2012
Greenville, NC
That sucks! Sorry about that!

It's all good! I knew what I was getting into after returning my first ego a couple of times. I have Provari now. I still use my VAMO on occasion when I'm working out in the yard and bring along my spinners to loan out to my friends that are not quite ready to commit to vaping.

One of my buddies just picked up a LaveTube V2 and he loves it. Whatever works to keep people off of the smokes.

tnt56

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2012
Tripple digits half way to home
Have to admit that I haven't read all the post. (getting tired and about bedtime). I own a mini Provari, a Standard Provari, a v2 vamo, a v1 vamo, (well I did untill the circut board went south at three months old, then I scraped the sleeve and end caps. The control head went in the trash), and just got a lava tube. I think it's the one that volcano sells. I've been really happy with it so far. The buttons are for crap cause it's hard to turn on and off when I want to and seems to have a mind of it's own. Only reason I got it was cause I loaned a co-worker my vamo when some scum bag ripped theirs off when they wern't looking. I'll just stick with the VV and forget about the VW option. If I want to use VW I'll just put a kick in my SB. I usually carry my mini Provari, and the LT with some extra batteries with me at the job. The vamo was fun but like a few others have said, I know what voltage I need for the wattage I want. But then I only use 2 different ohm coils on everything. Makes it easy for me. I read the OHMS and adjust for what I want. Hoping the LT holds up cause of the light weight of it. I just wish it had the extra sleeve like the vamo so I could go mini mode or big mode, without buying another one.

tsbrewers

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2010
MN
www.facebook.com
Have to admit that I haven't read all the post. (getting tired and about bedtime). I own a mini Provari, a Standard Provari, a v2 vamo, a v1 vamo, (well I did untill the circut board went south at three months old, then I scraped the sleeve and end caps. The control head went in the trash), and just got a lava tube. I think it's the one that volcano sells. I've been really happy with it so far. The buttons are for crap cause it's hard to turn on and off when I want to and seems to have a mind of it's own. Only reason I got it was cause I loaned a co-worker my vamo when some scum bag ripped theirs off when they wern't looking. I'll just stick with the VV and forget about the VW option. If I want to use VW I'll just put a kick in my SB. I usually carry my mini Provari, and the LT with some extra batteries with me at the job. The vamo was fun but like a few others have said, I know what voltage I need for the wattage I want. But then I only use 2 different ohm coils on everything. Makes it easy for me. I read the OHMS and adjust for what I want. Hoping the LT holds up cause of the light weight of it. I just wish it had the extra sleeve like the vamo so I could go mini mode or big mode, without buying another one.

Wow Dude, been here 5 months, have almost 2500 posts, and have,

Provari mini,
Provari,
V1 Vamo,
V2 Vamo,
Lava tube,

I think you need vapers anonymous meetings. You can see how many posts I have and I have been here 2 years. :) And have spent less than $150 on hardware in that time. Maybe I am getting old, but I just don't get it.

Brew

LeftCoastVaper

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 12, 2010
Mill Valley, CA
www.nexgenvapor.com
Wow Dude, been here 5 months, have almost 2500 posts, and have,

Provari mini,
Provari,
V1 Vamo,
V2 Vamo,
Lava tube,

I think you need vapers anonymous meetings. You can see how many posts I have and I have been here 2 years. :) And have spent less than $150 on hardware in that time. Maybe I am getting old, but I just don't get it.

Brew

Of course, one does need back-ups so owning more than one PV makes a lot of sense. But it's true that people can go nuts over equipment, although this happens in almost every hobby/special interest situation. My take on vaping is that the equipment is just a means to an end - kind of like driving. You own a car, maybe two, but that's it. For most the point is transportation. When we smoked analogs we didn't collect cigarettes; we chose a brand and stuck with till death, or ecigs did us part. I just want nic-laced vapor in my lungs, with minimal fuss and bother. Like you, Brew, I've been analog-free for over 3 years and at this point I'm over the constant experimentation. Lift PV, push button, inhale, done. Who needs the constant aggravation, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread