Will you fight...........be honest?????

WILL YOU!!!!!

• YES

• NO

• MAYBE

• MY PRETENDING IS ALL THE EFFORT I CAN AFFORD.........because american idol is about to start again

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mighty Cowphin

ECF Veteran
Jun 27, 2009
Oregon Coast
Here we go right here ladies and gentlemen. I've been thinking for a while about how i could help how we could all help. I'm just 1 poor man that can't make it to D.C. to do a march which would only make me feel like a powerless moronic hippy in the first place. This i could do, This we could all do. Tee217 please give me a link to these articles i'm going to warm my printer now i'll cover denver colorado from top to bottom. I hope many will follow my suit.

I want to do the same... I would like to see the sites you printed, I had the one off the forum, and will have to find it again... it was GREAT, I just did a search on the forum and cant find it...UGHHHH... but if people will post some sites that we can print ... I will hang them all over the coast of Oregon (Ok, we don't have lots of people... but we do what we can right?)

POST ON PEOPLE

Stranger

ECF Veteran
Jul 26, 2009
The hypocrisy on this issue is madding. Supposedly the reason why adults should not be allowed to make up their own mind on tobacco was the danger of 2nd hand smoke. Now that is not an issue and the problem is noone got permission form the FDA. Never mind a few years ago the supreme court said they had no right to control tobacco, not to mention tobacco free inhalers ,but I know they were just handed that right.

Do you have GNC in your mall?

In there you can find claims that sound like they are from the patent medicine days from 100 years ago. Loose weight! Have awesome sex! Is somthing to small? ENLARGE IT! Too big? Reduce It! all with no effort just our magic beans , I mean pills.

Read any of those bottles and they say...
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Further more most of these don't even contain the amount of secret herbs and spices listed on the bottle. Each year 100's of new untested supplements come out. If one kills a bunch of people it is banned. If not it can stay on the market. One is never pulled because it doesn't do what they advertise. We as adluts are alowed to make our own risk / reward judgment and act adoringly.

Why cant we do that with PV's?

They are not 100% risk free.

I get it. Nothing is. I am on a half dozen Rx's with pages of side effects that run the gambit from explosive ........ to death, I think every food causes or cures cancer if you read enough studies, and we all take our lives in to our own hands any time we get in car. 1000's of people risk death and disability each year on cosmetic surgery that don't HAVE to have. Kids die each year playing little league yet parents still sign them up.

We look at the risk vs. the rewards and make a choice and hope it works out. That is all you can do. There are no %100 safe choices. You can hide under your bed and die in a house fire. This seems to be comon knowledge for evryone except government.

UrbanCowboy

ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2009
Edmonton AB
Okay.. so im just having a little difficulty running this through my head.
It seems like they wanna ban E-cigs all together.

Thats just plain stupid.. I can understand banning the juice (Because of the nicotine and all)

But the E-cig altogether? Can they even do that? Its more or less a piece of metal with a light and heater.

Thats like banning spoons cause they can be used to cook smack.

Stranger

ECF Veteran
Jul 26, 2009
Sadly they can ban what ever they want.
Unless some one has enough $$ to make them change there mind.
If the FDA cant make it stick they will sick the CPSC on it (try to smuggle lawn darts in to this country). But the FDA will claim the "intended use" of a PV is to get nicotine whereas your local headshop, sorry smoking accessories, store will swear to be damned that their products are for legal herbal products and tobacco only.

Last edited:

Stranger

ECF Veteran
Jul 26, 2009
Don't feel bad.
I still have this delusion that the bill of rights is supposed to be a major part of the law of the land.
You don't have to watch us too long to see that ain't happing.

See it is very simple:
If a product advertises it treats, cures and or prevent a disease, then has a disclaimer that says it doesn't,
Claims an unproven formula of unproven untested ingredients,
may or may not have any of those ingredients or other unlisted ingredients,
may or may not have them in the quantity listed on the label,
and is made to no standards of purity,
It is fine and will be left alone.

If a product however makes no medical claims, and is primarily intended for recreation but may be safer than the product it replaces ,
That is a huge problem.

Vocalek

CASAA Activist
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran

Thats just plain stupid.. I can understand banning the juice (Because of the nicotine and all)

But the E-cig altogether? Can they even do that? Its more or less a piece of metal with a light and heater.

The FDA is claiming that the e-cig is a "medical device" because it is being used to deliver a drug, nicotine. And that what further makes it a medical device is that the sellers (according to the FDA) are claiming it can be used to treat something the FDA considers a medical problem, "smoking".

They do regulate medical devices such as pacemakers, artificial knee joints, stents, etc. They also have a history of having regulated nicotine, as found in the patch, gum, lozenges and (less effective) inhalers.

Our position is that just because someone CAN use something to treat their condition doesn't make it medicine. Look at all the folks who take garlic to ward off heart disease.

HighTech

ECF Veteran
Jun 25, 2009
USA

They can't ban the vaporizer, that's just propaganda. If that was the case, they would have to ban syringes, as they ARE a drug delivery device.. Don't listen to the hype and hysteria. :rolleyes:

warp1900

ECF Veteran
Apr 17, 2009
TX
It is interesting to see that most of us forgot that the government is our employee and not the other way around.

I even find some people are actually convinced the government should tell them what to do, when, how, etc.

How many years have the majority of mummies in congress been there? hmmm...
So... the president can only be re-elected once and yet those people get a free ride for as long as their bodies can hold up?

Interesting...i would say something fishy hides under it.

We have to understand that what they want is us fighting back, that is when the real ugly part of the story starts.

This is nothing new, it has happened since the "dawn of mankind" in every country and repeatedly.
You can do whatever you want, it will never change as long as we don't back to square one and think outside the box.
Some people are already.

The Venus Project

:):(:):(:):(:):(

Last edited:

four2109

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2009
S. Indiana
Fight? Am I going to march on the capital over ecigs? Nope.
I've been a minority most of my life. I pick my battles. The FDA isn't going to hurt me. I'm fine. I wanted to quit smoking. The tax increase coupled with my learning of ecigs finally gave me the incentive to do so. My current supply will last me a year. That's a long way off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread