Will you help me find the right batteries?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiFeJunKie

ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
Arkansas, United States
I have an Omega and I am about to order a Prodigy V3. It looks like they take the same batteries. The ECF battery page recommends AW IMR Li-Mn rechargeables. Can you tell me exactly what to get, batteries and charger, possibly with car charger? A link to exactly what I need would be fantastic.
I want the best and safest I can get.
Thank you

Hygroscopic

ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2010
United States
Information page is here: The Prodigy V3

Puresmoker.com said:
Prodigy Breakdown:
* Push Button Mechanical Switch
* Designed to use (2) RCR123a batteries. Voltage under load is roughly 5.5v - 6.0v
* Completely sealed design. Dripping Friendly.
* All parts (Minus Atomizers/Battery) built from scratch utilizing Stainless Steel and Delrin Plastic.
Puresmoker.com said:
Battery Type: AW 17670 or Tenergy LifePo4 RCR123a
Battery Quantity: (1) 17670 or (2) RCR123a Batteries
Voltage Type: Fixed (purely mechanical)
Running Voltage: 3.7v or 6v

LiFeJunKie

ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
Arkansas, United States
rolygate, in the ECF Rechargable Batteries sticky thread said,
"AW LiFePO4's are reported as being the best. They have a much higher discharge rate than Tenergy ones for example - the Tenergy ones may not be up to the job"
and
"AW's Li-Mn rechargeables are thought to be the best option for mods"
and
"We suggest the best option, in order, is:

1. AW IMR Li-Mn rechargeables
2. AW LiFePO4 rechargeables [LiFePO4's MUST HAVE A SPECIAL CHARGER]
3. Good quality (such as AW or Pila) protected Li-ion rechargeables
4. The least-preferable option is *fire Li-ion rechargeables as the quality is lower.
[for * insert Trust / Sure / Ultra-]"

So I'm wondering if the AW IMR Li-Mn rechargeables come in this size, if not where can I find AW LiFePO4s?

BTW doots, I bought that combo kit when I got my Omega, I'm just looking to upgrade my batteries to the ones that rolygate is suggesting.

Drozd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2009
NW Ohio
the AW LiMN 16340 rechargeables can be had ast several different sites like ikenvape or though lighthound..but those will bump you to 7.4V which may be excessive

lighthound carries the AW LiMN as well as the AW 16340 LiFePo4 batteries (use coupon code CPF for 2% off (yeah I know it's not alot))... and the charger for the LiFePo4 which is the Ultrafire WF-138a charger (the voltage selector needs to be set at 3V)...
AW LiFePO4 3 Volt Lithium Rechargeable Battery
Ultrafire 3.6 volt or 3 volt RCR123 Lithium Battery Charger

however lighthound does not carry the protected 17670 and AW doesn't make a LiMN in that size..

you can however order directly from the AW distributor via paypal and his sales thread on CPF : AW's LiIon Batteries Sales Thread *Part 12* - CPFMarketPlace

he has the protected 17670 ($10/ea), the LifePo4 ($6/ea), the charger for the lifepo4, and the charger for the 17670 (the ultrafire wf-139)

I'd probably bargan shop for the chargers or get them elsewhere and order the batteries direct...just search for the ultrafire WF-138A (for the LiFePo4) and the ultrafire WF-139 (for the 17670 (it'll do 14500, regular 16340 with charging spacers, 17670, 17500, and 18850)
the wf-139: http://www.lighthound.com/Ultrafire...3-37-volt-Lithium-Battery-Charger_p_2279.html
car adapter for the wf-139 is $3 extra : http://www.lighthound.com/Ultrafire...-for-Multi-Battery-Charger-WF-139_p_2257.html (don't believe you have the option with the 138A though)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread