Status
Not open for further replies.

Lilacs212too

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2010
Williamsburg, VA
I will soon be heading back to CT (originally from there) for a graduation and ALL of my family will be there. Most of my family smokes. I have been raving about PV's since I first started with them, not only because I loved it, but because I wanted to get them into vaping. As much as I've tried to explain over the phone, I can only imagine how confusing it may sound. Please keep in mind that the smokers in the family are not into technology at all, and can't so much as program a remote control or sign back into facebook when logged out:ohmy:

I am trying to get together some stuff to take with me to show them, and I am sure they will want to try stuff out, or at least I hope. I will be bringing my eGo and the 510 kit (four batts, few atties and carts) and some flavors.. but I am wondering what I could be missing that will help explain things better, or get them a good first time experience (praying atty won't flood, that would be a bad first impression)

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what else I would need, but more along the lines of a list of key points I should be bringing up. All are smokers of at least a pack a day, up there, easily a $50 a week habit. I'd like to be able to make it simple.. and I tend to complicate things HA!

Any suggestions?

mini_art

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 2, 2010
Florida USA
My advise would be to show them the 510 kit first, then the Ego after that.
Newbs never want something that doesnt look like a cig .

Make sure the atty is broken in a working great. Strong flavored juice because they cant taste anything yet LOL> Not too high a nic maby 16 or 18 if you can do it, dont want them catching a buzz yet , or coughing too hard LOL

Personally I would just take my kit and use it. Those who are interested will come to you and ask. It is always better if it is their idea. You can lead a horse to water but you cant make them drink ya know:)

One good point is that 1 ounce of juice or 30 mls costs about $30.00 from a premium vender and will last most people about a month . At least that is what the survey on ecf said.

That is $30.00 a month versis $200.00 for cigs for a carton a week smoker.
Since they are not tech inclined they probably wont be buying so many toys like the rest of us LOL>

Even with replacing parts it would be no more then $100 a month, attys , bats etc.

Shees I remember doing all these things, talk about a walk down memory lane!

I am so rambling !! I need some coffee LOL

ndfourleafclover

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 10, 2009
Indianapolis, IN
Personally I would just take my kit and use it. Those who are interested will come to you and ask. It is always better if it is their idea. You can lead a horse to water but you cant make them drink ya know:)

Thats the best point to make. You cant force them to do this. Its a decision they have to make. If they see you doing it and they are interested they will ask.

Lead by example not by force.

UntamedRose

PV Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 23, 2010
Homeish now
Umm I went to a wedding about month or so ago...had a whole lot of my high school friends there who are all smokers. A lot of which are smokers bc of me......like I gave the bride her first cig in the girls bathroom when we were 15...(oh Joy to me there is something to be proud of)

I brought my 510, had like 5 sets and PCC
TV AC, CM, GCC, BR
Ms T's BF's, PHC, and several others.
Alien juice ry4 and bolbos(?)
Also had the sampler set from Johnson creek
couple other tobacco menthal things
Basically I had a good variety of stuff noobs like, the strong and the tobacco flavors. Plus some of my favorites

I got mixed reviews... some of them though it was insane, that I had been "calfornified" as one put it. My mom said I had replaced an addiction...with an obsession.(hence the sig)
Others wanted to know where to pick one up that night.

Basically I just used it around them, and someone would always ask.......what is that!?
the kicker really was the barchellette party...in a fancy hotel room no smoking of course, everyone's drinking and every ten mins someones going down the elevator to go outside for a smoke. I'm very happily drinking, and vaping. One of the gals Looked at me said..."thats just weird" all i said was "eh maybe, but I'm getting my nic" eyes went real big she goes "let me try!"

Last edited:

Lilacs212too

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2010
Williamsburg, VA
Actually, I was kind of hoping for bad weather, it will be nice to vape inside while all of them are out in the rain or heat/ humidity. I plan to bring juice with me, I just don't have a ton, so they get what they get! I do have a ton of carts with the "marlboro" high stuff, so I will definitely bring those. My mother, who has emphysema :shock: told me that she would try it, so I broke down half my 510 kit and have it bagged up to send to her, but decided I would just bring it when I go. My sister, a severe asthmatic, lives with her too. Not only a huge financial loss ($450 a month!! ouch!) but more importantly, the health benefits. My mother seems to think she would only like the regular cigarette flavor.. as most do at first.. then they get some good juice and poof!

So I will be showing and encouraging those two, but will let the others come to me (very good points!) I no longer have my PCC, which is fine, they have outlets and I will just rotate.

Thank you also, for the easy reference to monetary differences. I want to be armed with info for people who won't look at a website like this, and I don't want all of my answers to be "depends on how much you vape"

I figure even if two or three of them start out together, they can all learn together and share what they have.. I am 500 miles away and can only hold their hand for so long

Lilacs212too

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2010
Williamsburg, VA
Hi Lilacs,
Maybe some cartomizers also so you can explain the differences between the carts w/atty's or cartos. Also maybe a pcc for on the go charging or a passthrough. That's all I can think of right now, sorry I couldn't be more help. Good Luck!

Very good point! I also think the TH is better on a 510 with a carto, so it might be more their thing. Also, with the ease of use (not having to refill carts all the time) I figure this would be the way to go for those *ahem* lazy relatives who won't help themselves by learning! VERY worst case, if she had to buy cartos and use them until empty, I still think it would be more cost effective than analogs.. no point in mentioning the health aspects to her, she doesn't seem to care:glare:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread