Status
Not open for further replies.

alisa1970

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 30, 2013
Portland, OR
Sort of depends on how "limited" and whether the product still does the job. :D

Since I never intended to quit smoking, the cost savings was just an added bennie for me, so cost would likely not be an issue. Now, if it was considerably MORE to vape, then I'd likely either quit completely if possible or go back to analogs.

Vapor Vinny

ECF Veteran
Apr 18, 2009
Lawrence, Kansas
Yes, because I can make everything myself now... I'm a "roll your own" vaper
I'll just have to get very much better making stuff on the hardware side though.... :?:
Every try and make a Puck mod?

I have about 5 mods that all run on AAA batteries and vape as well as anything on the market. So easy to make and the only part you can't easily find in your town is the battery connector which only costs $1.49 at Madvapes.

patkin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2012
Arizona USA
If it cost the same as the smokes, I would still vape along with them to stay below 5-to-10 smokes a day... BUT, and its a big one, they would have to be as good as what I vape now. No way I would vape yuck like nasty, perfume, soap.

Edit: But, if the internet sales tax goes through and the FDA starts taxing everything used to vape buying supplies will probably be more expensive than smoking and I then would buy from the corner store... still have to be good though even zero nic with smokes to fill in.

Last edited:

eratikmind

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2013
Las Vegas/San Francisco
Okay, you guys are missing my point. Assume you have no more stock.

I understand making your own mod, I'd do the same. But assume you're out of nicotine.

Would you pay analog prices?

Then, for me, it would the right time to quit nicotine completely. Hopefully, I will have reached my 0mg goal, by then.

I enjoy being smoke free and cannot see ever going back to smoking. Most of the ex-smokers I know, including my wife (12 years smoke free) quit cold turkey. Push come to shove, I would have to do the same.

- Andy . . . Challenge the day.

CandyTX

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Austin, TX, USA
candybeauchamp.com
Yes because it's still better that sucking on analogs.

I am only using 6nic half the time, the other half I'm at 0nic. Hubby uses 24nic.

Which makes me wonder if they'll tax all electronic cigarette "stuff" or just the juice - and what about 0 nicotine juice? I mean, that's not a tobacco byproduct thing. Hmmm... (just rambling)

the_vape_nerd

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 20, 2011
New Orleans, LA
Id buy nic from over seas and DYI If I had to Id fly there and smuggle it just for the principal!

Have seen people make these types of claims before. What if customs seizes all liquid nic like they were doing back in 2009? The idea that you'll just buy it from overseas is a very short sighted one.

Vapor Vinny

ECF Veteran
Apr 18, 2009
Lawrence, Kansas
Yes because it's still better that sucking on analogs.

I am only using 6nic half the time, the other half I'm at 0nic. Hubby uses 24nic.

Which makes me wonder if they'll tax all electronic cigarette "stuff" or just the juice - and what about 0 nicotine juice? I mean, that's not a tobacco byproduct thing. Hmmm... (just rambling)

If they could, they tax the 0 nic juice. But seeing as how you could just make your own 0 nic juice with VG and candy oil...Oh who am I kidding? It's the government. They could find a way to tax that too. As for the hardware...It's already easy to make your own battery back with parts found at Radio Shack. So unless they ban all Chinese imports of cartomizers...Well, cartomizers or atomizers are the only things that you can't make yourself.

the_vape_nerd

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 20, 2011
New Orleans, LA
If they could, they tax the 0 nic juice. But seeing as how you could just make your own 0 nic juice with VG and candy oil...Oh who am I kidding? It's the government. They could find a way to tax that too. As for the hardware...It's already easy to make your own battery back with parts found at Radio Shack. So unless they ban all Chinese imports of cartomizers...Well, cartomizers or atomizers are the only things that you can't make yourself.

there are people making those every day

grandmato5

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 30, 2010
WNY
To answer your questions op: (presuming I was still addicted to nic which I'm not and also presuming I didn't have a stash of APV's to use long into the future :) )

I didn't start vaping to save money, so yes I would still vape if it cost the same as cigarettes.

The limited selection of vaporizers and ejuice is much harder to answer. Honestly I'd have to try them and see if they worked before I could say if I'd use them or not. They might work and they might not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread