The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Windy City Vaping Group now a Sub-Forum!

Discussion in 'Windy City Vaping' started by newb, Jun 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. newb

newb Super Member ECF Veteran

Dec 17, 2009
    Chicago Area Burbs
    Welcome all! Please introduce yourself here... Same rules apply here as the main forum!

Thanks!

2. Angelux

Angelux Full Member

Jun 7, 2010
    Chicago, IL
    Woo-Hoo! Finally an "official" Chitown thread!

Well... guess I'll start the ball rolling with the "Where you at?"

I'm on the border of Lakeview and Lincoln Park by the lake. If you're ever near the Diversey/Brodway/Clark area and see some cat strolling with a 510 out for all to see... that'd me :)

3. newb

Dec 17, 2009
    Chicago Area Burbs
    Im currently in the North Suburbs near Glenview. Used to live on the northside near Lincoln & Devon

4. Elendil

Elendil Assclown Exterminator Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Mar 28, 2009
    IL USA
    I'm about 65 miles SW of Chicago (Ottawa area) and I work near Joliet. My oldest goes to college in the city....

5. RippleInStillWater

RippleInStillWater Supplier's Manufacturer - Offline ECF Veteran

Jun 18, 2010
    Land Of Corruption
    Dude-King!
    Fellow Ottawan! I'm actually out in Rutland Township but close enough!
    My wife works in Joliet and does the straight I-80 commute (How about a few bends in the road?) to Joliet also but my child still goes to grade school.....
    Shoot, I already have a party on the tenth but y'all keep me updated!
    On another note, how do I get a cool vaping counter??? April 30th was my last day....

6. DenniZ

DenniZ Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

May 23, 2010
    Chicago
    OMG Newb, this is crazy...
    I live on Lawndale and Glenlake. I used to hang out at Hannah G. Solomon school all night with my friends like every night while they drank =OP
    Not only is your age similar to mine but you've lived in my neighborhood.
    What school did you go to for grade/high school?

7. Elendil

Elendil Assclown Exterminator Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Mar 28, 2009
    IL USA
    Click on my counter and it should take you to where you can get one......

Rutland Township............I actually live in Miller Township....I say Ottawa because people actually seem to know where that is at.......

8. newb

Dec 17, 2009
    Chicago Area Burbs
    LOL! too funny.. Do you know a guy named Juro? He I used to chill with him around that school... I went to Lincoln Hall bc I was registered under my brothers house near Crawford and Lincoln..

9. DenniZ

May 23, 2010
    Chicago
    Yes, I know the gypsy! My sister Joyce went to Lincoln Elementary, then then LP high for a while. Damn, small world. My girlfriend is laughing right know because I told her that you know Juro, she loves all the stories I have about him.
    Gonna be at Shoeless Joe's on Sat?

10. byron27

byron27 Full Member

Jun 9, 2010
    Crystal Lake, IL
    I'm in the Northwest Suburbs, living in Crystal Lake, IL. I have been vaping since the beginning of June. I love this new exciting way of life. I am still discovering a lot of new things. I can't wait to try some new juices at Shoeless Joes. I will be bringing plenty of paper towels so I can blow out my atty and try another hit of some other juice... hopefully there will be people willing to let me try out some new stuff. I really wanna try out Atomic Cinnicide. Anyway, I'll see all who are going to the gathering on Saturday.

11. DenniZ

May 23, 2010
    Chicago
    I'll bring some AC for you to try Byron, my advice is to start saving up because you'll fall in love with the stuff and want a gallon =OP

12. laborer75

laborer75 Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Mar 25, 2010
    Minooka, IL
    Not too far from you bud. I'm in Minooka. Lived in Joliet all my life but moved to Minooka for better schools for the kids. Small world!!!

Congrats on the sub-forum Chi-town vaporers!!! Now we need to set up a vaping club and meet up for drinks and vapes. :D

13. RippleInStillWater

Jun 18, 2010
    Land Of Corruption
    Man, am I bummed about not going to Shoeless Joe's tomorrow -- I hope there is an August meeting so I can bond with fellow cloud-makers.

I was afraid of suburban sprawl (my sis is in Channahon, too close to the spread, so I thought at the time) so we went all the way near Ottawa, not too far from the Silver Slipper -- hmmm, that'd be an interesting meeting location! LOL

Seriously, I hope everyone has a great time!

14. byron27

byron27 Full Member

Jun 9, 2010
    Crystal Lake, IL
    I unfortunately was not able to make it to Shoeless Joes. I woke up on Saturday Afternoon with a nasty headache and it was already 12 Noon. I was kinda depressed that I missed out. I hope nobody was too upset by me not showing up. Can we get some reports back from people who went to the event and how it all went down? Thanks!

15. DenniZ

May 23, 2010
    Chicago
    Hey Byron, I was disappointed that you couldn't make it. There were two juice vendors that showed up with samples, somewhere over 30-40 flavors to try.

Conversations where varied, the vendors talked business for a while and traded leads, most of us talked about tips and trick and traded reviews on various e-cig stuff. Since I turned out to be the most experienced at modding, I took the opportunity to hold an impromptu modding lesson.

There where free samples of things like drip tips, cartomizers, e-juice, discount 510 accessories sold, and a 5 dollar per entry raffle was held for a mystery item which turned out to be an Ego.

All in all it was a lot of fun. An announcement was made that the next meet would be in September since there is a Vape Fest planned in St. Louis in August.

16. zenvita

zenvita Full Member

Aug 31, 2010
    TX
    I'm i Plainfield and a little disappointed in how sparse this Windy City thread is.

17. lisabsn

lisabsn Moved On ECF Veteran

Aug 27, 2010
    Chicago IL
    Far far south, Bourbonnais, near Kankakee. You may know us as the summer home of Da Bears! Also the site of the City of New Orleans crash. Straight shot down I57. Claim to be from Chicago cause no body has heard of us.

18. RippleInStillWater

Jun 18, 2010
    Land Of Corruption
    Is there going to be a September meeting?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.