wintergreen

Status
Not open for further replies.

WorM

ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2009
Alabama, United States
I'm not trying to cause any problems just seeing if I am the only one having an issue with TV's wintergreen.
I have used two attys with this liquid, and both have had the same issue.
The Atty isn't getting too hot, I still get great vapor and flavor, then all of a sudden it gets hard to drag on. Both times I have taken the attys apart and it seems that this juice is chemically melting the plastic cup in the bottom of the Atty, melting the opening for air flow. Melting it so bad its not solid plastic anymore but just a gooey mess.
anyone else seen this with any other liquids?
It sucks cause I love this liquid.

Ralph T

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2009
Albuquerque, NM
I'm not trying to cause any problems just seeing if I am the only one having an issue with TV's wintergreen.
I have used two attys with this liquid, and both have had the same issue.
The Atty isn't getting too hot, I still get great vapor and flavor, then all of a sudden it gets hard to drag on. Both times I have taken the attys apart and it seems that this juice is chemically melting the plastic cup in the bottom of the Atty, melting the opening for air flow. Melting it so bad its not solid plastic anymore but just a gooey mess.
anyone else seen this with any other liquids?
It sucks cause I love this liquid.

Pics or it didn't happen.

What brand and model of atty? What voltage? How long before you have the problem? When did you order the juice? What strength and %VG?

Last edited:

WorM

ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2009
Alabama, United States
So obviously I'm the only one having these issues.
I understand the whole pics comment, however I'm not a little kid or someone who makes .... up just for attention.

Ill try to dig through my garbage to look for one of the dead attys.
the other dead Atty I threw away at work, and you couldn't pay me to go through that garbage.

Joye 510 atty on the ego set-up.
What batch? How would I know? But I did receive it on the third of June.
80/20 and 24mg.

Ralph T

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2009
Albuquerque, NM
Not doubting you. I and other(s?) have had a strange experience or two with cartomizers. Specifically Atomic Fireball and cartomizers caps getting rubbery. Neither of us had pics or video and I was not able to duplicate the issue some months later.

So, I suspect that there are certain batches of plastic that the atty/carto manufacturers are using which MAY be susceptible to breakdown by some of the oils used as flavorings in some juices.

Your pics and specifics would be useful in pinning this down.

ETA: 3 June tells us it was a recent batch. Also, 510's are notorious for melting where the two wires from the element go thru the plastic cup. So, the heat from those wires could be accelerating any breakdown process. Another factor that comes to mind is that there may not be a lot of users that order the wintergreen, it being in the custom flavor section and not a Premium. I have 25 or so premium flavors and have only ordered 2 customs, neither of which contained any wintergreen. So I cant offer any direct advice.

ETA2: Sorry, one more thing. Two atty's in 12 days. Were the atty's new (no other juice in them) when you started using the wintergreen in them? Did you have both going at the same time or did you start using the second atty after the first one gummed up? Trying to get an idea of how long it took for the gum up.

Last edited:

Ralph T

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2009
Albuquerque, NM
Btw I say they're joye 510 attys.
I bought them from cignot are they joye?
Or did I get ripped off?

Difficult to determine. Maybe when you dissect the next ones the pictures will reveal that... This will require keener eyes than mine. There are several 510 connoisseurs on the ecf that could tell you. Also, you could post that question in the cignot sub forum if there is one, which I think there is.

Ralph T

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2009
Albuquerque, NM
I use TV’s wintergreen all the time and never had problems. However, I only use it in standard cartomizers and no melting has ever occurred. If it is melting the plastic I would definitely start dripping instead of using carts.

I think WorM is saying that the plastic between the porcelain cup and the connector in the atty is what is melting. Thus dripping wont change the exposure of the potentially melting part. Could certainly try a 510 cartomizer though.

WorM

ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2009
Alabama, United States
Filled up a new empty cartomizer Saturday, vaped it a few hours. Last night, Tuesday dripped some wintergreen through the tip within 3 hours of doing that it had melted the hard cap on my carto. 3-4 days and a chemical melt. I have a few pics on my phone, but I'm at work, ill try to get them up tomorrow.
I guess ill try it one last time in a soft tip carto.
Its so good I don't want to have to sell it, but if it keeps destroying my hardware I guess I need to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread