Wire/ohm question for Silver Bullet and eGo battery with Vivi Novas

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkmoondreamer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 6, 2009
Tyler, Texas
I have read until my eyes are bleeding about different wires, wicks, etc. LOL it's been a lot of fun but left me more confused than ever. I am going to only use a large Vivi Nova with a Silver Bullet, and a mini Vivi Nova with an eGo battery as my permanent vapes. I have not ordered any supplies yet. (I have not vaped since 2009, using a SB with an old 801 atomizer so this is all so new to me)

What I would like to know is: does anyone know the best wire/ohms desired for these two devices with the Vivi's? Are you wiring the ohms for the Vivi itself, or for the particular battery unit/vaporizer?

I was pretty set on going with the A-1 Kanthal 32 awg resistance wire to use for everything, but after more reading wondered if Kanthal A-1 34 awg would be better. I have decided to use this wick: Cotton-Square-Braid-Candle-Wick #1/0

Amazon.com: Cotton Square Braid Candle Wick - #1/0: Arts, Crafts & Sewing

I guess I'm hoping someone that uses the Silver Bullet and or eGo with Vivi Novas can just tell me which wire to use and how many ohms are desired. (wraps/ohms)

Thompson

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2012
North of NorCal
eGo will run around 3.2-3.4v regulated

I generally use 32AWG Kanthal A1 for my VVN and other clearo rebuilds. I can only squeeze a 5/6 wrapped coil into the heads without everything becoming too bunched. Any lower gauge would require more wraps to get my desired ohms (I aim for lower 2.-Ω area for use on my eGos). 34awg would help with this, but I've heard it breaks really easily being so thin.

Is it an eGo-T battery? Something about my eGo-T 650mah Pass-Through refuses to use any of my rebuilds. VVN, ReDux, A7 or AGA-T. They range from 1.8 - 2.4Ω but it doesn't care. Works fine on Boges and stock heads though...

Thompson

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2012
North of NorCal
If you can, I'd aim for an eGo-C battery, as they seemed to have increased its amp limit and some other factors that have made it more friendly to RBA.

I'm not sure if I'm the only one experiencing this with an eGo-T or not (started a thread a week or so back that got all of 0 replies :p). But it would be a bummer situation to not be able to use a rebuilt coil because of the T's restrictions.

The eGo Twist is what I mostly use for out and about and from what I've heard the Vision Spinner is essentially the same exact thing (with benefits of having easier to read numbers on the twist and larger battery capacity). For $3 more you can get a Vision Spinner and it should be able to run most any RBA you toss at it. I say should as I don't own one but I see them spoken of highly all around ECF. Plus you'd have Variable Voltage if you want, or you can just set it to 3.7v and run it at the same voltage as the Silver Bullet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread