Wire thickness for twisted 30awg Kanthal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keeferes

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 21, 2013
Belton; Upstate SC
www.facebook.com
I can't seem to find it in all the info here on ECF or a google search. Anyone know "about" what size wire twisting two pieces of 30awg Kanthal will produce. If I knew that it would give me a better idea of how many wraps to use to target a 1.6 ohm coil with an ID of of 5/64. Waiting on my 28awg to get here, but would like to try a nice lower ohm build with peaches and cream yarn. I'm trying to get more surface area than the 30awg allows. I like the 1.4 build I am using and the 1.8 build I am using in the other one, but would like the 1.4 better if I had more area to vaporize juice.

:vapor:

It's going in an Ehpro kayfun lite + (V2), single coil, and juices used vary from 50/50 to 20/80 (PG/VG), in case it matters to anyone.

Mada

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 21, 2014
Egypt
Thanks. I'll give it a shot and see how it goes. Seems off a bit comparing it to my current builds. Could be imputing the wrong leg length that is throwing it off. Not sure on that measurement other than its not long at all. lol.

I am using twisted 30g on my KFL , it is an amazing vape. You really need to twist it till it is almost looks like a single coil. My advice is to try 1/16 ID or 1.5 mm.
I have 30g twisted, 1.5mm ID, 10 wraps, rayon wick at 1.5 ohm....it is the best setup I did..... So far !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread