The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

(Wisconsin) No smoking at Packers scrimmage

Discussion in 'Media and General News' started by ezmoose, Aug 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. ezmoose

ezmoose Guest

Dec 18, 2009
    USA
    No smoking at Packers scrimmage

2. ezmoose

ezmoose Guest

Dec 18, 2009
    USA
    Commented

Run, quick, protect the children; it's water vapor! lol

3. rothenbj

rothenbj Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jul 23, 2009
    Green Lane, Pa
    "A statewide smoking ban applies to the stadium because it is a workplace environment. The ban has been in place since last month."

That would appear to make all smoking in Wisconsin banned. After all, open air public property is the workplace for city/township workers, private property is a workplace for anyone that you need to have come in to work on your home. Time to have the police just arrest everyone what lights up, no that uses nicotine, eventually.

It will be just punishment when the antis have to pony up with the costs of the penal system where a quarter of the population is in jail.

4. ezmoose

ezmoose Guest

Dec 18, 2009
    USA
    Like the saying goes, be careful what you (the antis) wish for; you might get it! lol

5. PlanetScribbles

PlanetScribbles Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 3, 2009
    Londinium, Brittania
    Well, when attendances drop by 30% they will know what to apportion the blame to.

6. Vicks Vap-oh-Yeah

Vicks Vap-oh-Yeah Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Mar 9, 2009
    West Allis, WI
    Well, I had to drop in my .02.

7. HighHeeledGoddess

HighHeeledGoddess Senior Member ECF Veteran

Oct 14, 2009
    Good luck to them with that, considering I have been stealth vaping at work for 3 months now. How do they think they are going to keep e-cigs out? Are they going to follow people into bathroom stalls and watch them there too? :vapor:

8. rothenbj

rothenbj Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jul 23, 2009
    Green Lane, Pa
    Yeah, if you inhale and hold your breath for a few seconds, nothing is visible.
    They may need to change their regs to making it illegal to inhale at Packers games.

9. ad356

ad356 Super Member ECF Veteran

Jul 25, 2010
    north java, ny
    funny you should mention that. i go into the cooler and vape when no one is looking. there usually is only 1 warehouse guy in there and he doesnt care, he does not find anything wrong with it. i agree. no smoke no tobacco, bite me. you literally would have to catch the person in the act, since the vapor doesnt linger and it doesnt smell. you could never get away with smoking, but vaping unless your stupid is really easy to "stealth"

10. kristin

kristin Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Aug 16, 2009
    CASAA - Wisconsin
    Once the actual games start, it'll be cold outside. EVERYONE will look like they are vaping! LOL!

11. harmony gardens

harmony gardens Super Member ECF Veteran

Apr 9, 2009
    Wisconsin
    Actually, that would never happen,,, They could probably sell twice as many tickets if they had the extra seats. I wouldn't be surprised if this was a conspiracy cooked up by some anti's to get thier name up on the waiting list for tickets by ticking off the smokers, and hoping they won't want to go. :laugh:

Smoking hasn't been allowed in the stands for quite some time. Seating is tight there, because most of the seats are bleachers. A lot of people were glad, because it was fairly common to get a hole burned in your jacket from a smoker behind you.

I also heard on some news report that the team might have to do something to accomodate smokers somehow. They mentioned the amount of charcoal smoke in the parking lots from tailgating and how they don't want to stop people doing that.

I still say if the anti's had ANY room for compromise, that vaping is the perfect compromise to allowing everyone to have thier way, but seems the anti's are such culture vultures, that they wont' consider it. At some point, I hope they see it!! I submit our last meeting of the Behind the Cheddar Curtain Vaping Group as an example. We were at a rather small bar, and nobody complained about us at all, and we were openly vaping. I don't think anyone could smell anything, except that yummy smelling chocolate stuff that Vicks brought along. ;)

12. PlanetScribbles

PlanetScribbles Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 3, 2009
    Londinium, Brittania
    My other half often tells me how nice the apple pie flavour smells. How can that be a bad thing to be subjected to? I would argue that an aromatherapy burner would be more toxic than an e-cig. Even an Airwick air freshener.

13. PaulB

PaulB Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 12, 2010
    Virginia
    It's just business. Think of the tens and tens of thousand of relieved non-smokers/non-vapers who will turn out as a result. :p:p:p

14. Vicks Vap-oh-Yeah

Mar 9, 2009
    West Allis, WI
    I gotta echo that, Harmony - it's the one thing that I continually see as 'odd' or off about the entire war on smoking....the entrenched position of the anti's. They have absolutely NO room for comprimise - they'll even walk away from a negotiation with nothing rather than comprimise...saw that in IL - the bill was written, the health committee asked if it could be altered to ONLY bar sales to minors, and Kathy Drea dropped the names of the alphabet-anti's as being firm on their position AS WRIT. No comprimise was possible, acceptable, or considerable. Talk about wearing blinders!!!

They won't consider any harm reduction standard as acceptable....not snus, not snuff, not PV's, not the orbs, sticks or strips sold by BT. The ONLY acceptable method of quitting smoking to this group is complete and total nicotine abstinence (after a short period of having your dependance maintained with NRT's or other pharma drugs)...which screams of Pharma bias and a prohibitionist mentality.

As the harm reduction battlefield starts to populate, we're going to see more of these little battles with other products offered by BT. That, I believe, is their goal - to punish the might and magisty of BT for their 'glaring errors' of the past....the users of these products (us) are just caught in the crosshairs.

Remember when these organizations cared about your health? :facepalm:

15. ezmoose

ezmoose Guest

Dec 18, 2009
    USA
    Or death from smoking related diseases!

16. Drozd

Drozd Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Nov 7, 2009
    NW Ohio
    Vicks...I've posted this before but that is directly from the anti's playbook.... they put it in writing that it is better to walk away than accept comprimise...

here's the link to the anti's how to effect a cig ban playbook... http://www.no-smoke.org/pdf/CIA_Fundamentals.pdf

17. Vicks Vap-oh-Yeah

Mar 9, 2009
    West Allis, WI
    Yea, I knew about the playbook - I just didn't have the link. Thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.