The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Wisconsin Vapers - up for a vape in?

Discussion in 'Behind the Cheddar Curtain' started by Vicks Vap-oh-Yeah, May 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Vicks Vap-oh-Yeah

Vicks Vap-oh-Yeah Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Mar 9, 2009
    West Allis, WI
    OK - they threw a tea party on tax day to protest the taxes in this state - why can't we sit on the steps of the Madison capitol building, and vape as a statement.....We could educate all the people who come in and out of the capitol on a daily basis, hand out information on the Waxman bill, and get ourselves heard?

Anyone interested? I'd love to get to meet all my fellow in-state vapers as well as do something constructive to get our gizmo's some press.....

Discussion - NOW!

2. Christina

Christina Senior Member ECF Veteran

Apr 22, 2009
    US/Pennsylvania
    Vicks, I'm not from WI so I hope it's OK to jump in here. Fantastic idea! Put real faces and stories behind this issue. If I could make it to Madison I'd be there without hesitation.

Wonder if many of us could do the same in our own home states?

Kudos Vicks

3. In Life Distributor
    This message by In Life Distributor has been removed from public view. Deleted by a moderator, May 3, 2009.
    May 3, 2009
  4. MlrGrl

MlrGrl Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Apr 27, 2009
    Milwaukee, WI
    I'm definatly in!

Anyone else want to join us behind the cheddar curtain?:D

5. Jinx

Jinx Full Member

Apr 3, 2009
    My bf and I may be interested, if it's a day that we can get there.. it's about an hour and a half drive, but we have friends that live there, and we could make a day out of it and visit some of them.

6. harmony gardens

harmony gardens Super Member ECF Veteran

Apr 9, 2009
    Wisconsin
    Sounds good to me Vicks. I wonder how many cheesehead vapors there are. I would hope we could get some cooperation from JC, too.

7. Vicks Vap-oh-Yeah

Mar 9, 2009
    West Allis, WI
    Would like it to be soon - before Waxman's bill comes up for discussion in the Senate....nothing good comes out of closing the barn door AFTER the cow's are out...

I have 2 days scheduled off from work the 11th and 12th of May - not a lot of time to get organized, but most of our materials are already in cut and paste form via our beloved forum. It's just a matter of corroborating the data in a readable form, and getting us together. The demonstration (our vaporizors) are already primed and ready to go....

I just finished sending JC an invitation to our up and coming...

Additional suggestions.......

8. VelvetVisions

VelvetVisions Senior Member ECF Veteran

Apr 15, 2009
    Waukesha, WI
    I would definitely consider joining in the fun..... :)

9. Vicks Vap-oh-Yeah

Mar 9, 2009
    West Allis, WI
    Shameless bump - Come on Cheeseheads - Let's VAPE!

10. Vicks Vap-oh-Yeah

Mar 9, 2009
    West Allis, WI
    Less effective, but perhaps more time and/or schedule friendly - how about during the farmer's market on a Saturday?

For those of you who don't know what the Farmer's Market around the Capitol square is like - the entire square around the capitol building is surrounded by vendors, the majority of whom are small-business, natural types, such as farmers, cheesemakers, people who make natural soaps and home-baked bread.....etc, etc...

The Farmer's Market around the Square is wildly popular in Madison - Throngs of people.....

It would be less effective than a weekday assembly, as those who work in the capitol are not working, but we would still be doing our best to educate as many people as we could. The market is open from 6-noon every Saturday in the spring and summer

Feedback?

11. RIAFlight25

RIAFlight25 Super Member ECF Veteran

I live in Rockford, Not too far a drive up to Madison for an important event!

Im scheduled to work a flight to Germany on the 11th, but if something comes up and my flight happens to get cancelled, or I get pulled from the trip... Count me in!

Perhaps the root canal I'm having on the 9th just might cause me undue pain and I have to *Clears throat* call into work! :)

12. violetvoo

violetvoo Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 22, 2009
    Down the rabbit hole..
    I'm in Fl but Im supportive, I'll try to get something going here! Just a note though the "Tax Day Tea Parties" were not about taxes they were about GOVERNMENT overstepping their bounds--getting too big, spending too much,taking away our freedoms-I was at the one in Tampa !!! I will be In DC On July 4th and Sept 12th protesting the same crap--government needs to start listening to us and to stay out of our personal lives! Join the fight before we lose ALL our rights!!!

Just my thoughts!!

13. Vicks Vap-oh-Yeah

Mar 9, 2009
    West Allis, WI
    @ Violet and Christina - even though you're not in the area - you can support us in spirit - thanks for the encouragement!

@RIA, Tamara, Harmony, Jinx & Mlrglr

I think we've got a core group to work this - us...... Let's hammer out some details...first being the date we want to do this...

Chime in - weekday or weekend? May 11th (Monday), 16th (Saturday) or 23rd (Saturday).

Times we're available.......

14. harmony gardens

Apr 9, 2009
    Wisconsin
    The 11th would work out great for me. I'm in Richland Center and will be going to Oconomowoc for Mothers Day. I could crash at my folks Sunday night, and hit Madtown on my return trip. I might be able to make some Sat event's, too.

15. Vicks Vap-oh-Yeah

Mar 9, 2009
    West Allis, WI
    Awesome - you and RIA both have a leaning towards Monday....RIA, you might be having a little chest congestion, right ;)

16. RIAFlight25

RIAFlight25 Super Member ECF Veteran

*Cough cough* Hope its not swine flu!

17. harmony gardens

Apr 9, 2009
    Wisconsin
    OMG, you been flying to Mexico at all?? Eat some cheese,,, it will make you strong. I recommend some fresh curd...

18. VelvetVisions

VelvetVisions Senior Member ECF Veteran

Apr 15, 2009
    Waukesha, WI
    The 11th would work out best for me as well. What time we you all thinking? Prefer a little later morning to miss the rush hour traffic. :)

19. Vicks Vap-oh-Yeah

Mar 9, 2009
    West Allis, WI
    Say, about 10:30 am? That's enough time to let the circus of rush hour finish.

This is sounding good, guys - We want to raise awareness of what the Waxman bill does to stifle harm reduction nicotine delivery devices - that's key, and I think some points to that are needed in the handouts we'll use....Sooooo...Anything else to be put in the flyers?

I can whip them up on my computer, print a master and copy that off at Office Max in an evening. I'll have to do that Thursday night, at the latest.

What else do we want our public to know about?

20. MlrGrl

MlrGrl Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Apr 27, 2009
    Milwaukee, WI
    I'm booked every weekend between now & June 13th, so right now, May 11th looks really good..

Although....the thought of vaping at Farmers Market really tickles me....LMAO.

21. Vicks Vap-oh-Yeah

Mar 9, 2009
    West Allis, WI
    Hey guys - I just got a return from JC - and they are interested in joining our little band! I need to finalize the details with them tomorrow - will keep you posted.

Come on - Wisconsin Cheeseheads - show your true spirit and join in the fun!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.