Wisconsin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kate51

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2009
Argyle Wi USA
This is more like it! Am going to do more reading when I can sit and dig into it, but I believe also that outright bans hurt everyone. Smokers have always seemed to yield to "No Smoking" signs, but bans are seemingly the "new Wave" way of controlling people in mind and body, who really do have minds of their own. I know, unheard of! Last week I was looking for pipe cleaners, at our grocer's, (to clean the nozzle on my glue sprayer!) and I was laughingly told I should have to show my Driver's License, because "pipe cleaners" were listed under "tobacco Products"! Now this has gone just about far enough. "Matches", anyone??
It's just wrong. From smoking, to who-knows-what you will be banned from doing in your own home! We don't want to know, thanks! This movement has my wholehearted support.

[edit] From today's Washington Times: Ad from SE, helpful? or no?
http://www.news9today.com/ecigarette/index.php?t202id=4376&t202kw=sq21
http://www.news9today.com/ecigarette/index.php?t202id=4376&t202kw=sq21

Last edited:

sherid

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 25, 2008
USA
I will be researching their organization more once I've got a little time - and believe me, what I see right now is encouraging........

Yea - these guys are in my back yard!
I know this guy pretty well from posting on Dr. Sieglel's column as well as through a Yahoo group. He is intelligent, committed, and very knowlegeable.

Stubby

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2009
Madison, WI USA
I heard a rumor the other day that one of our former Governor's is thinking of running again......won't say which one, but he's getting his red vests cleaned.....let's see...I think he did enjoy a good Cuban cigar once in awhile..

Well, the red vested Governor is Lee S. Dreyfus who left office in 1979. Is he even still alive?

Kate51

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2009
Argyle Wi USA
Sorry, guess I'm showing my age...
this one is the red-tie guy....
Does the name Tommy ring any bells?
What I'd really like to see is some young, brilliant person start to run this state with more business sense than good-ole-boy political type. That hasn't us served us very well in the last fifty years or so. Open up the Dept of Education for someone who does, not someone who teaches. Too much union and not enough learning. Back to basics. Values. Principles, not principals. Our schools are tied up with games plans instead of study plans.

Last edited:
7,000 protested in milwaukee on saturday, events like that is a great place to set up a booth and get people involved. Not to many people really want bigger government. Scott Walker spoke at the event, along with some big names.

You might contact or keep an eye on:

Campaign For Liberty — Wisconsin's Campaign For Liberty

They do not cover all the events, but it is a start, gotta get the word out, gotta educate people on the issues. I got a few dollars on my kinkos card if you guys need something printed up. Also I would hit the gun shows, just a stack of brohcures on the table will get the word out to tons of people.

Wisconsin

Alot of politicans go to the gunshows, I have meet a few. Mostly judges and reps tho. Still exposure is key to any movement.

LaceyUnderall

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 4, 2008
USA and Canada
About Us Ban the Ban Wisconsin

"Our mission is to neither encourage nor discourage smoking; rather, we advocate for the individual’s right to choose based on facts and the truth, without government interference, oppressive legislation, special interest pressure or berating harassment from others."

Just an update... This group knows ecig users might be knocking on their door... (through another forum non-ecig related I let them know I posted the link here) and they are happy to hear from you... So please... by all means... those in Wisconsin... feel free to contact them. They know you are here and willing to listen!

LoBo

ECF Veteran
Aug 25, 2009
Marshfield, WI
Kate51 said, ""Matches", anyone??" - I am in WI and had to show ID to buy a lighter! I asked if they couldn't just count crows feet?

I work at a gas station and we have to card for lighters and matches...stupid law, I really hate being yelled at by smokers....they usually apologize when I tell them that if the cops catch someone selling without carding (they have been conducting stings in my area of late) it's around a $500 dollar fine AND we lose our job...no joke. :nah:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread