Wisdom teeth and vaping?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CssReb

ECF Veteran
Jan 7, 2009
USA, NYC
1. Wound Infection-
One of the most common complications that can occur if you smoke is wound infection. Smoking, in effect, steals oxygen from cells that are in the process of healing. Smoking is a risk factor for wound infection in almost any kind of surgery. Researchers have found that smokers continue smoking before surgery are at a much higher risk of developing wounds that do not heal properly.

If you're going to vape use a 0 nicotine cart or liquid

Closet Toker

ECF Veteran
Mar 7, 2009
Trempealeau, WI.
The other risk you run, is that by sucking on a cig or e-cig very hard, you can actually pull the blood clot out of the socket possibly exposing the nerve. This is quite painful if you have never done it.

Yes, dry socket is very painful. No sucking is recomended.... cigarette, straw, etc.

Jayhawks

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 8, 2009
MO/KAN USA
midwestvapor.com
I got a dry socket from smoking when I had my wisdom teeth pulled. I WOULD NOT ADVISE SMOKING, VAPING OR SUCKING ON STRAWS. I would rather go through child birth again for 12 hrs with no pain meds before I would want to have dry socket repacked. Having my dry socket repacked was the very worst thing I have ever been through

allyoop451

ECF Veteran
Feb 27, 2009
The other risk you run, is that by sucking on a cig or e-cig very hard, you can actually pull the blood clot out of the socket possibly exposing the nerve. This is quite painful if you have never done it.
You are correct BT3, I work in a Dental Office and You will be a hurting puppy if you suck too hard and pull the clots out of the sockets. The clots turn back into bone, so they need to stay in there to seal the hole. If they come out you may get a dry socket which is more painful than a toothache.

DCrist721

ECF Veteran
Feb 15, 2009
Long Island, NY
when i had my wisdom teeth taken out, I smoked analogs at the time and would put some soggy cotton over the wounds in my mouth and never got dry socket.I dont think nicotine is good when trying to heal though.hope this helps,good luck!

When my younger sister got hers removed they said she could use nicotine gum though? That's why I told him he could vape a long as they were letting him ingest stuff other then water. Although I never knew that the action of sucking could cause a dry socket.

Here's what you can do to get your vape on without sucking: Fill a bucket up with water. Get a 2 liter soda bottle and cut the bottom off. Now take the cap and cut a hole in it about the diameter of your e-cig, and put your e-cig in the hole (mouthpiece side down) and seal any gaps around the e-cig with tape. Submerge the 2 liter bottle in the bucket keeping the neck above the water line, and then screw the cap on. Slowly pull the 2 liter bottle up, and a vaccuum will be created inside the bottle which will draw the vapor out from the e-cig. When your e-cig cuts off, unscrew the cap, put your mouth over the opening, and slowly push the bottle down into the water while gently inhaling. Voila, vaping without sucking.

DisMan

ECF Veteran
Sep 2, 2008
I might be concerned about drying out the sockets until they are healed.

The only reason you are told not to smoke is the fact that you can create dry socket...it's the same reason why they tell you not to drink from a straw. The suction pulls the blood clot out of the sockets, creating an air pocket between the jaw bone and the gumline. And that air pocket is directly on your nerves...which makes it hurt really really really really bad.

If you're going to smoke/vape, you need to use very light drags. You cannot pull hard on your e-cig during this time or you will be paying for it for weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread