Wish i found this forum sooner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rusty_Shackleford

Jan 13, 2013
tx
Hi everyone, long time smoker first time vaper. Known about vapes for a while but figured it was just a passing fad and didn't feel like investing $100 or more in something that will disappear in 6 months.

luckily thanks to a x-mas offer on bullsmoke I finnaly took the plunge and got an e-cig.

Now im looking to upgrade, My biggest problem is the cartrides dont last long enough for me, I drip but i still burn through 3-4 cartrides in a day. I also ordered XXX nicotine liquid to help counter this problem but doesnt seem to help.

Could anyone recommend a better personal vape? the main features I would be looking for is something with a tank to hold quite a bit of fluid for all day vaping, easy refillable and hopefully auto on when you take a drag. the e-cig i have spoiled me to this, i have another in the starter kit that is push button but really love the auto on.

Also been buying my liquid from Managed Dedicated Server Hosting & Managed VPS Hosting by LiquidWeb............ Coming from a newbie the liquid seems good but willing to explore additional sites if others know of any better.

I was looking at the veppo, would this be a good investment? (aside from the push buttion) Always appreciate the help and glad I found this site. Thank you all.

tnt56

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2012
Tripple digits half way to home
Sorry but I'm kinda confused about all the questions. For the Delivery system I'd recomend the vivi nova or a carto tank system. For juice there are way to many to recomend just one that is good. HHV is one of my favorites. For the Carto/tank I'd go to IBTank. Buy some pre punched cartos. If your just starting out then go with the nova. Really simple and gives you some learning experience. Oh and Welcome to ECF and I wish you the best on your new journey in life. Happy Vapping.

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
Hi and welcome! You can't post a link to an unregistered supplier, so your link won't work. You can post the name though.

There are lots of starter kits out there, and you will get tons (TONS) of suggestions, but this is a nice little kit for the price and it includes a carto tank (carto included). I have one of his tanks and it works quite well. Unfortunately, he only has them is silver at the moment: eGo Twist 650 Starter Kit - Silver

ETA: The tanks have a screw on the side to make filling very easy.

Last edited:

Rusty_Shackleford

Jan 13, 2013
tx
dead? no, the aliens just had me on their ship for a while.

yes there seems to be tons of these things out there. so hard choosing the right one (also are any of the ones posted auto-on or push buttion?)

and the site was e-cig .com for the liquid, seemed cheapest and lots of flavor choices. it doesnt taste bad but then again im new so dont know what im missing

Huffelpuff

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 27, 2011
Philadelphia Burbs
I think that your decision to buy a semi disposable is a good step for someone looking into vaping. If you want to have something that supports a carto tank, you may want to look at some of the less expensive PVs that take rechargable batteries. The advantage of using this type of set up is that it is more versatile and the battery life is much, much better than a plug in battery type. It will also be a bit more friendly if you want to try other types of tanks/rbas in the future. The disadvantage to buying a PV vs. a semi disposable is that you no longer have something that resembles a cigarette - they are quite bulky and can be a turn off to those just getting their feet wet with vaping.

My suggestion is to look at the ECF Vendors Websites at the different models of PVs and tanks that they have and see what may work best for you. Once you've found something that catches your eye, post it and ask for opinions. Everyone will help to make sure that you've got the right set up.

Best of luck!

Rusty_Shackleford

Jan 13, 2013
tx
Thank you everyone for your help. I will probably stay a member but its all very confusing. I don't even know what half the stuff im reading is(especially regarding power output). Not really looking for semi-disposable. I understand initial cost is an investment and rather pay a little more upfront for something that will still work 10 years down the road. Really don't care if it looks like a true cigarette, I never participate in what others think of me :)

Despite most people i actually enjoy smoking, Not looking for something to quit but am looking for something healthier and more cost effective (since they keep taxing cigs) so this probably wont be something im going to use for a few months then throw away. I love that i can just puff all day on this no worries.

appreciate this forum. Going to keep doing research and looking around untill next month paycheck where i have extra cash. forgive me now if i keep bugging all of yall for help :) Peace.

peraspera

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2012
midwest
Thank you everyone for your help. I will probably stay a member but its all very confusing. I don't even know what half the stuff im reading is(especially regarding power output). Not really looking for semi-disposable. I understand initial cost is an investment and rather pay a little more upfront for something that will still work 10 years down the road. Really don't care if it looks like a true cigarette, I never participate in what others think of me :)

Despite most people i actually enjoy smoking, Not looking for something to quit but am looking for something healthier and more cost effective (since they keep taxing cigs) so this probably wont be something im going to use for a few months then throw away. I love that i can just puff all day on this no worries.

appreciate this forum. Going to keep doing research and looking around untill next month paycheck where i have extra cash. forgive me now if i keep bugging all of yall for help :) Peace.

I would suggest pairing a Twist, Vision Vision Spinners, KGO VVs or Apollo VV with a Vivi Nova. That's a very simple set up to use and provides an excellent vape. You fill your Vivi Nova with juice, put it on your Twist then, starting low, dial up the voltage until you like the vape. Too low and you won't get any vape, too high and the juice will taste burned.

This video shows how the Twist works. The Vision Vision Spinners, KGO VVs and Apollo VVs work the same way.
THE EGO TWIST IS A GAME CHANGER Grimm Green video review

These videos explain the Vivi Novas. You don't need to worry about the rebuilding part unless that is something you would like to do.
A PBusardo Review - Vivi Nova 2.5
A PBusardo Tutorial - Vivi Nova Cleaning & Rebuilding

It's not the cheapest starter kit but I prefer these Twists out of the five different ones I have because they have easy to read voltage numbers and a low battery warning before the batteries won't fire because they need recharging.

The 3.5 ml. Vivi Nova holds more juice but looks like a scepter on a Twist. The 2.5 ml. Vivi Nova holds less juice but is the same diameter as the Twist so looks better but both sizes work perfectly fine on the Twist. If you get the large Vivi Nova get this thread cover or this one for the small Vivi Nova. They aren't absolutely necessary but they hide exposed threads and give the Vivi Novas some additional stability.

The Vapor Beast juices are all excellent and match the the best juice mixers in quality so you might want to order a sample of anything that sounds good to you. Also, this thread, Sample Packs - A listing for those seeking a favorite juice, lists some juice sellers that offer sample sizes.

You can shop around if you wish and probably get some cheaper prices from very good vendors but it's been my experience that Tim at Vapor Beast offers exceptional customer service that you might particularly appreciate as a beginner. He even walked me through filling my cart on the phone for my first order.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread