Wish me luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrwade01

ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2009
Vancouver WA
Hi all,
I can't tell you how glad I am that I ran across this forum! Pryor to my last couple of days pouring over this forum, I had automaticly dismissed what little I had heard about "e-cigs" as just another "as seen on tv" "magic bullet".
After everything I have read here, not only am I convinced that it is really worth a try, but I'm finding it hard to keep my expectations in check so as to keep as open a mind as possible.
Considering the fact that I am once again about to confront a 35yo "analog" habit that for the past 2 years has grown to demand around 2 packs a day, I fully expect to have my work cut out for me. A degree of collateral damage is a given, and some lives may be lost, this is only to be expected.
My fist goal will be to cut back to well under a pack a day restricting ALL indoor nic fixes to vaping only. I plan on starting out with a DSE 109, and a 109b (for the usb passthrough)but if anyone has other suggestions please please please please feel free to put them out there!

Once I get my equipment and get started I plan on posting my progress as often as I can for the benifit of those to follow.
Thanks for any advise you might have.
Robert

TropicalBob

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2008
Port Charlotte, FL USA
I'm a bit like you, in length of addiction and quantity smoked. I quit July 17, 2008. After that, I struggled a lot and came up with this master game plan: Throw everything at the addiction. Everything is allowed except one thing -- inhaling tobacco smoke.

I now use snus (love 'em) and Stonewall Java dissolvable tobacco tablets (first thing in the morning and after each meal), in addition to e-smoking much of the day. E-smoking replaces the "habit' part of cigarette smoking in a way nothing else does. With my "use whatever I want" philosophy, I can get past urges for a cigarette (still very strong every day).

I always say to not put all your quit eggs in one basket. Read the "Alternatives" section for ideas. If necessary, chew nicotine gum, use a patch, do whatever in addition to e-smoking until you settle into a comfortable routine with your e-cigarette.

My favorite e-cig at the moment (I've tried most of 'em) is the Janty Dura.

BadAxe

Jan 26, 2009
Bristol PA
Welcome, the dse 901 would be a good starter. If you like to vape in areas you don't want to be noticed get the Janty Kiss box with a manual switch, I find it great to control the vape so as not to be noticed. I use it in resturants, airplanes, malls etc...

What does the manual switch do? What makes this device different?

PTJD

Vaping At FL370
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 20, 2008
Malaga, Spain
What does the manual switch do? What makes this device different?

You can control the production of vapor with the switch, it is not a flow sensor like the other vapors. For me I can control when I want the vapor to stop.
I usually vape a dse901 or 801 in my home or car but in a public place like a restaurant or in the air where I want to be discreet I use my Janty with the button.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread