WISMEC Active Bluetooth Music TC Box MOD 2100mAh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim Wiseman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2017
Bolton, England
Hi ECF members, In this review i take a look at the Active Bluetooth Music TC Box mod 2100mAh from Wismec. The Wismec Active Bluetooth Music TC Box mod 2100mAh was supplied for the purpose of this review by Ella from sourcemore.

https://www.sourcemore.com/wismec-active...range.html

Introduction

The Active is when it comes to vaping a simple 80W device with TC suite, but with added features to stand out from it's competition. The first is it's rugged, lightweight yet durable design which is Water resistance, Shockproof and Shatter resistance, very suited for taking the knocks of everyday use as a device used in situations you would normally be worried about getting your device damaged. The main feature of the device is it also double's up as a speaker linking to your music devices via Bluetooth and having full functionality on the device to control the music. But was the Active music to my ears or was it mainly a unpractical device best used just for vaping alone? I give my opinion.

In the Box

Contents:

1 x Active Mod
1 x Carabiner clip
1 x QC USB Cable
1 x User Manual

Aesthetics and Ergonomics

The Wismec Active comes in cardboard packaging and as soon as i opened i could clearly see a speaker looking at me through the Perforated side panel (due to it's water resistance grading i would almost be certain there is a water resistance (but lets sound through perfectly) film on the underside of the panel). Although the speaker is only one side we have an identical perforated panel on the other side, the one i received has Orange panels, it's also available with Silver panels and Black Panels. Whichever colour you receive it will have a Black thick silicone sleeve fitted over it with cutouts for the loop (for the Carabiner clip), raised 510 plate, screen and a silicone bung to protest the micro USB port and reset recess. The sleeve seems very good quality and rugged, it will protect the device from most knocks it's likely to receive while using even in active situations. If you take the sleeve off the device looks very ugly as you can see how water resistance panels have been put on the device with raised areas for buttons to be pressed, it is quite obvious the sleeve is meant to be left on the device at all times. In regard build quality the device has been made to withstand knocks when used in active situations and in this regard Wismec have done a good job.

Active Specs and Features:

Size: 55.6mm*26.6mm*94.5mm
Output wattage: 1-80W
Output mode: VW/Bypass/TC-Ni/TC-Ti/TC-SS/TCR mode
Resistance range: 0.05-1.5ohm for TC modes, 0.05-3.5ohm for VW mode
Temperature Range: 100-315°C/200-600°F (TC modes)
Maximum Charging Current: 2A
Maximum Output Current: 50A
Output Voltage Range: 0.5-9V
Built-in 2100mAh battery
0.91inch OLED screen shows essential information
Water Resistant
Shockproof, Shatter-resistant
Compact yet Portable, A Must-have for Vapers on the Go
Multiple Circuit Protection Systems Applied
Thread type: 510 spring loaded connector
Colours: Silver, Orange, Black

You Can Buy Other Sleeves Separately

Using the Active

In this section i will simply go through the operations as a vaping device. The Active is the usual 5 clicks on and 5 clicks to turn off and once on you are met with the usual Wismec display we tend to get on there more simple vaping devices with only essential information displayed. Top left we have resistance, underneath this is the voltage and finally bottom left we have amps which can be changed to either puffs or time vaped. The entire centre and right of the display is taken up by your wattage and unit, this is temperature rather than wattage when in temp control. There are some combination key press functions which are + and - together to lock and unlock the buttons, up and fire allows you to change amps on the display to either puffs or time vaped, finally when in temp control pressing the fire button 4 times allows you to set wattage for temp control. The main menu is very simple and to access is 3 clicks of the fire button, this brings up the following options, Wattage, Bypass, Temperature Ni, Temperature Ti, Temperature SS, Temperature M1, Temperature M2 and Temperature M3.

How To Operate Speaker

On the spine of the device we have 4 buttons, holding down the bottom button causes the device to play a little jingle and announce Bluetooth is active. Turn on Bluetooth on your device you wish to pair with the Active and search devices, it should find "Wismec Active". Then simply choose "Wismec Active" and your ipod, iphone or whatever device you are using will be paired with the Active, then choose your music on the paired device and play (the music will come through the Active speaker). Now you can control the music with the Active, pressing the top button pauses and restarts the music, the two middle buttons both have 2 functions holding the buttons down turns up and turns down the volume or double pressing the buttons takes you to the next song or previous song.

The Speaker and Playing Music

I like this feature but for one reason only, yet again we have a talking point that could get the attention of smokers so a discussion about vaping in general could occur. The Speaker and how the device interacts through Bluetooth is really good and the volume and sound quality not bad but it's a gimmick as using the device this way other than for novelty purposes is just not practical as you would need another vaping device with you for when the battery dies as the battery drains in no time at all when using the device for music. Under normal circumstances i have my ipod and i have my vaping device and don't see the point of linking the two and forcing my music onto others, i'm a decent human being who would listen to my music on my ipod via earphones. To be honest if someone was using the Active in the high street forcing me to listen to their music they have no consideration and i will be able to do an update to the review on how durable the device really is and the person would deserve it for being an inconsiderate dick.

My Experience Using the Active

I have already gone through using the device as a speaker so how did it perform as a vaping device? First i would like to say i don't vape using temp control and don't have access to data so simply review a device as a personal experience. The Active is a simple 80W device which when used in power mode gave a reliable good vape, fires quickly and didn't let me down, with the device only being a 80W device i would imagine it will do the 80W, if not it will be within a couple of Watts of the 80. Using the device with the speaker gave the device very poor battery life but when used solely for vaping the 2100mAh surprised me as it almost lasted an entire day. Due to the device having a raised 22mm 510 platform there will be overhang of the plate with most tanks, because up to 26mm tanks won't actually overhang the device itself many won't see it has an issue but it will bug the hell out of others. The Active supports 2A charging and is firmware upgradeable.

Overall thoughts

If people are looking at this device as something they can use while out and about for both playing music and has their vape device it really isn't practical as the battery life using the Active this way is shockingly bad, you will be lucky to get two hours use. But in isolation the Bluetooth speaker is actually pretty good giving decent volume and sound quality with good functionality. Likewise the Active as a simple low wattage vaping device for out and about in situations where your device could get a few knocks the Active is just the ticket.

Durable device
Speaker, good volume and sound quality
Bluetooth works great and once paired good functionality on the device
Temp control (not tested)
Simple device to use
Water resistance
Shockproof
Shatter resistance
Lightweight
Included Carabiner clip
Good out and about low wattage device
Good battery life when used just for vaping
2A charging
Firmware upgradeable

Dislikes

Raised 22mm 510 plate causes gaps with most tanks
Not practical to use both as speaker and vaping device simultaneously (battery life)
Battery life playing music very poor
Specs on a lot of vendors sites claim the device to be waterproof, rather than water resistance due to misinformation from Wismec (now corrected on Wismec's site) - Although now states 100% water resistance which is a nonsense statement.
Although Durable there are more durable devices such as Geekvape Aegis

I would once again like to thank Ella from Sourcemore for supplying the WISMEC Active Bluetooth Music TC Box MOD 2100mAh for the purpose of this review.

https://www.sourcemore.com/wismec-active...range.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread