Wismec Avatar ICR 18650 Battery

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedLabel

Jun 5, 2016
Romania
Hello,
Does anyone knows something about this battery?
Thank you.

18650-2_03.jpg

Wismec website:
Avatar ICR 18650 Battery | Best E Cigarette, Ecig or Cigarettes

joyetech website:
Avatar ICR 18650 Battery - Joyetech

18650-2_05.jpg

Reactions: Ramsay Bolton

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
My first time seeing this battery. I'm curious to see what Mooch has to say about it.

If this battery is truly an ICR chemistry battery, I have a hard time understanding how they can get 30 amp continuous discharge rate. Typical ICR batteries have less than 4 - 6 amp CDR. 30 amps is a huge jump from that!

My guess is its really an IMR or IMR hybrid (INR) battery, and the marketing department got the chemistry wrong. Mooch?

Also odd that they call it a 3.6 volt battery, and not the usual 3.7 volt.

If it is a true ICR battery, remember its not a "safer chemistry" battery.

Last edited:

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
My first time seeing this battery. I'm curious to see what Mooch has to say about it.

If this battery is truly an ICR chemistry battery, I have a hard time understanding how they can get 30 amp continuous discharge rate. Typical ICR batteries have less than 4 - 6 amp CDR. 30 amps is a huge jump from that!

My guess is its really an IMR or IMR hybrid (INR) battery, and the marketing department got the chemistry wrong. Mooch?

Also odd that they call it a 3.6 volt battery, and not the usual 3.7 volt.
The Aspire batteries had really high cdr as well and performed quite well. Strange indeed. Looking forward to tests.

Sent from my M7_PLUS using Tapatalk

Reactions: Baditude

Mooch

Electron Wrangler
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • May 13, 2015
    Lithium-cobalt batteries, often called ICR (along with some hybrid batteries), are capable of very high discharge rates as seen in a lot of prismatic LiPo's. The Aspire 1800mAh and 2600mAh Tesiyi batteries have a solid 25A rating.

Since the 30A rating for the Avatar is labeled as "max" I suspect it's a 20A-25A continuous battery.
    This could even just be a hybrid chemistry cell since LG uses the "ICR" model number prefix (it's not a chemistry) for that type of cell.

scaredmice

ECF Veteran
    Sep 23, 2014
    Valencia, Spain
    Anyway, its specifications should be clarified....... They talk about some protection fuse similar to those in protected, genuine ICR batteries, which are no longer useful for PV:
    wismecavatar_zpshvzebvlu.jpg

And even worse, the "6.6Ah" is confusing......those are capacity units, not current units. The battery cannot be a 6600 mAh one (even for a '....Fire', it would be too much...XDDDD), as energy stored, it is supposed to be a 7,2 W.h batt (3,6 V x 2 A.h)....has it a limiting fuse to avoid its draining below the 8% mark? Is it a 6,6 A limiter -bummer!-?

Sometimes, more tech-savvy speech drives away potential customers, dear Wismec marketers! What is clear is that on an electronic PV, those protections could be a serious running interference, but anyway, it is intended for 'medical equipment Back-up or EPS Emergency Power'...

Now I'm really confused.......:confused:

Last edited:

Assi

Multiple ID Suspension
    Jun 2, 2016
    I think like Mooch, that is is some Chinese Reseller, that wants to join the Party, but have hardly any experience, or Knowledge. Installed IC Chip means usually a PCB (Protection Circuit Board) and is mainly used at Flash lights and not at eCig-batteries (mainly bare cells).
    Looking at the Website, the manufacturer speaks about 1000 cycles with remaining power of 80%...reminds me of some brand beginning with Ultra...and makes similar promisses.

Baditude

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 8, 2012
    Ridgeway, Ohio
    Wait so am I seeing this right Wismec is Re-Wrapping an ICR battery and trying to sell it....I'm confused now
    Maybe...allegedly. We don't know enough about the battery to know for certain.

Are you confused about the term "re-wrap"? Companies have been re-wrapping other manufacturer's batteries for generations. It's quite common.

Xtar, a charger manufacturer, sells Xtar brand batteries. They don't have an Xtar battery factory. They openly admit they rewrap Sony VTC4 cells.

Orbtronics is a battery vendor with their own house brand. They don't actually manufacturer their house brand battery. They openly admit that most of their house brand batteries are re-wrapped Panasonic batteries.

Smoktech and Segelei both sell house brand batteries. They don't actually have a battery manufacturing plant. They are re-wrapping some mystery cell and putting their own logo wrap on the cell. These are generally terrible batteries.

What is becoming increasingly common nowadays is upstart companies who are re-wrapping rejected batteries from LG, Samsung, or Sony and inflating the ratings to make consumers believe that their batteries are better than the reputable real manufacturers.

Are You Using a Rewrap Battery?

Last edited:

CoilKisser

Jun 21, 2016
    I'm sorry I didn't make my comment very clear and that is my fault. From my knowledge ICR batteries can easily become unstable due to their chemistry. There are other batteries that have "safe" chemistry that would be more acceptable for the kind of vapor products Wismec puts onto the market. I'm worried that with the low amp drain levels of ICR batteries that newer or uninformed vapoers may be harmed. I don't want to see someone get hurt because they see the name Wismec and think that they are safe to push to the limit. If I'm not understanding ICR batteries please provide me with links so I can read and be more knowledgeable. I use ICR batteries in my old Kbox but that's not a mod that pushes 75-200watts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mooch

Electron Wrangler
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • May 13, 2015
    I'm sorry I didn't make my comment very clear and that is my fault. From my knowledge ICR batteries can easily become unstable due to their chemistry. There are other batteries that have "safe" chemistry that would be more acceptable for the kind of vapor products Wismec puts onto the market. I'm worried that with the low amp drain levels of ICR batteries that newer or uninformed vapoers may be harmed. I don't want to see someone get hurt because they see the name Wismec and think that they are safe to push to the limit. If I'm not understanding ICR batteries please provide me with links so I can read and be more knowledgeable. I use ICR batteries in my old Kbox but that's not a mod that pushes 75-200watts

ICR batteries are capable of incredibly high discharge rates. LiPo's, which are lithium cobalt chemistry like ICR, have very high rates compared to the other chemistries. Older 18650 ICR batteries had low discharge ratings but that has changed.

We now have true 25A ICR batteries like the Tesiyi 2600mAh and Aspire 1800mAh. The 25A Busbars perform like ICR's too but I'm told they're a hybrid chemistry, sometimes called INR, so they're probably just heavy on the cobalt in their makeup.

Reactions: KenD

CoilKisser

Jun 21, 2016
    ICR batteries are capable of incredibly high discharge rates. LiPo's, which are lithium cobalt chemistry like ICR, have very high rates compared to the other chemistries. Older 18650 ICR batteries had low discharge ratings but that has changed.

We now have true 25A ICR batteries like the Tesiyi 2600mAh and Aspire 1800mAh. The 25A Busbars perform like ICR's too but I'm told they're a hybrid chemistry, sometimes called INR, so they're probably just heavy on the cobalt in their makeup.

Thank you sir for the correction I appreciate it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread