WISMEC HiFlask Starter Kit 2100mAh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim Wiseman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2017
Bolton, England
Hi ECF members, In this review i take a look at the HiFlask Starter Kit from Wismec. The HiFlask Starter Kit was supplied for the purpose of this review by Angelia from Wismec.

HiFlask - Wismec Electronics Co.,Ltd

In the Box

Contents:

1x HiFlask mod
1x HiFlask Cartridge
2x JVUA 0.35ohm Head
1x QC USB Cable
1x User Manual
Spare Parts

Aesthetics and Ergonomics

The Hiflask is not a large device but for some unknown reason it comes in a massive box, but everything is secured in place so transit damage shouldn't be an issue. I would describe the device as slightly larger than a single 18650 device but smaller than most duel battery devices, it's also very light weighing barely over 100g. The main body of the device is the colour of choice, i received the Silver version which is a very dark, brushed Silver, it's also available in Black, Red and Blue and White (this version is Blue with While splashes). The Front of the device has the tinted Black pod section visible top left corner and to the bottom right corner we have a section made from the same material to match the aesthetics of the pod, the rest of the front is in the colour of choice and has "Hiflask" printed in white on the diagonal above the bottom right tinted section. The back of the device is similar to the front apart from the tinted sections are top right and bottom left corners, on the diagonal above the bottom tinted section on the back we have "WISMEC" printed in white. The sides of the device taper outwards from both edges to meet in the middle giving the Hiflask an original shape, where the edges meet have been rounded off so doesn't cause issues with ergonomics but does give the Hiflask an aesthetically pleasing look. One side has an hexagonal large fire button at the top which follows the contours of the shape of the device, underneath this we have a tiny charging indication light followed by the micro USB port, finally at the bottom we have the tinted section visible. The spine of the device is featureless apart from the top section being the tinted pod, The Black base has safety stamps and venting. The top of the device has to one side the pod release switch, the rest of the top is the pod itself with airflow dial and drip tip. The Hiflask has been very well designed and made and there are no rattles whatsoever, it's very comfortable to hold and equally comfortable firing with finger or thumb.

HiFlask Specs and Features:

Size: 89 x 48.6 x 28.2mm
Cell type: 2100mAh built-in battery
Output: Direct output
Resistance: 0.3ohm JVUA coil
Charging Current: 2A
Capacity: 2ml/5.6ml
Adjustable airflow system
USB charging & 2A quick charging
Compact size for easy carrying
2100mAh massive inbuilt battery
All-new 0.3ohm JVUA coil head
Colours: Silver, Black, Red, Blue and White

The Pod

The Hiflask uses a refillable pod which in turn uses replaceable coil heads so rather than the pod needing to be replaced it's just the coil heads. The Pod has a replaceable 510 drip-tip so you can fit your own and also on the top it has an adjustable dial (like what you get on a Potentiometer style device) to adjust the airflow, minimum for a MTL vape, maximum for a very decent slightly restricted DL hit and anything in-between to suit bespoke vapers. The pod has a large rectangular void at the bottom where you slide the coil head in just like sliding a drawer into a chest of drawers. Above where the coil head is inserted we have a removable silicone bung to reveal the fill port which isn't a bad size allowing for unicorn style nozzles, once filled the bung can be plugged back into place. I received the 5.6ml version but there is also a 2ml TPD version which i'm assuming as a capacity reducing bung inside the pod because from what i've seen the external size of the pods look the same size. One thing to mention is the tinted pods could make it hard to see the juice level in certain lighting, I also think the kit would be even more appealing if a second pod was included so people could carry an alternative flavour on them.

The Coil Head

The coil is housed in a drawer like casing, open both ends to allow air in and out, the coil itself is surrounded by ceramic as a wicking material and then the casing. In the top of the casing there is a large rectangular wicking hole but i would leave a fresh coil standing in a filled pod for 10 mins before vaping. The coil is 0.3ohm so the Hiflask is giving a high wattage vape for a pod system, about 55W with fresh battery and over 35W at it's weakest power.

Fitting the Pod

The Pod fits into the device very nicely and once fitted looks like it's a permanent part of the device. There is a catch on top of the device which you slide towards the edge of the device, this releases the pod and it can be pulled straight out. Once filled the pod can be simply lowered into the device and it clicks into place nice and securely.

Using the HiFlask

The Hiflask is the usual 5 clicks to turn on and 5 clicks to turn off and then simply adjust your airflow if needed and vape. The fire button has an Led behind it which gives good battery status indication, if when firing it stays lit then the battery is between 60% and 100%, if it slowly flashes then it's between 30% and 59%, if it moderately flashes then it's between 10% and 29% and finally it flashes quickly when the battery is less than 10%. The same indication lights is used for safety feature indications, when there is a short circuit the light flashes 5 times then powers off, when over vape protection (10 secs) cuts in the light flashes 10 times and when the battery status goes below 3.3v the light flashes 40 times and the device switches off and it needs charging.

Performance

This is different from any other pod system i've used in the past as it performs more like a standard direct output mod with attached sub-ohm tank. The airflow covers my needs perfectly as by choice i'm a low to mid wattage DL vaper who sometimes fancies an airy MTL vape and this device allows me to do it all. From an unselfish point of view when the airflow is at it's minimum it's an airy MTL so the device could be improved to allow the airflow to close down just that little bit more to also allow for a tight MTL vape. The flavour is really good, we are not talking RDA or RTA flavour but certainly a match for a good sub-ohm tank and loads of cloud also. With the Hiflask being higher wattage than other pod systems it has a 2100mAh battery to still give very good battery life and also supports 2A quick charge.

Conclusion

A powerful Pod system which gives more of a standard sub-ohm device performance, the airflow and resistance of coil suits all styles of vaping apart from a tight MTL, this device i wouldn't recommend for High nicotine or nic salts.

Good build quality
Unique look
Pod system that looks like AIO Mod device
Removable 510 drip tip.
Refillable pod
Replaceable coil heads
Suits most styles of vaping
Battery status indication
Ergonomically friendly
Good Flavour
Good Cloud
Good battery life
2A quick charging

Dislikes

Can't do tight MTL draw
Tinted pod a bit difficult to see juice level in certain light.
A spare pod would be a great addition

I would once again like to thank Angelia from Wismec for supplying the HiFlask Starter Kit for the purpose of this review.

HiFlask - Wismec Electronics Co.,Ltd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread