WISMEC Luxotic DF Box 200W TC Kit with Guillotine V2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim Wiseman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2017
Bolton, England
Hi ECF members, In this review i take a look at the Luxotic DF Box 200W TC Kit with Guillotine V2 from Wismec. The Luxotic DF Box 200W TC Kit with Guillotine V2 was supplied for the purpose of this review by Angelia from Wismec.

http://www.wismec.com/product/luxotic-df...lotine-v2/

https://store.wismec.com/luxotic-df-box-...2-kit.html

Introduction

The Luxotic DF Box is a dual battery squonking device which gives a max wattage of 200W and full TC suite. The device is very short in height and surprised me with good ergonomics, but the name does surprise me as all the previous Luxotic devices have had a certain look and the DF Box looks more like a reuleaux. So let's crack on and see how i find Wismec's latest BF device!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the Box

Contents:

1x Luxotic DF Box MOD
1x Guillotine V2
1x E-liquid Bottle
1x Mouthpiece
2x Clapton 0.28ohm Coils
1x Cotton
1x QC USB Cable
1x User Manual
1x Warning Card
Spare Parts

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aesthetics and Ergonomics

The Luxotic DF Box looks very similar to the RX2 20700 with the only main differences being the back of the device where we find the squonk bottle housed. I received the Black version, it's also available in Green, White and Blue, all versions come with a Black Guillotine V2. The front of the device see's the panel's central section indented which houses the large screen and towards the bottom the navigational buttons. Below the navigational buttons we have the micro USB port and at the top of the front we have a large rectangular Silver fire button. The sides of the device slant outwards to make the device wider in the middle and then slant back inwards to the back of the device where it's much narrower. Printed down both sides of the device is "WISMEC", the curved spine see's the removable plate with cutout for the squonk bottle. The base of the device is the battery door and has safety stamps and very generous venting. Moving to the top and to keep the device short we have the Gold plated, spring loaded BF 510 positioned towards the back of the device directly over the bottle. As mentioned the device is short and not over big for a dual BF device and the overall build quality and finish is very good with no rattles whatsoever.

Guillotine V2 Specs and Features:

Size: 24 x 34.8mm
Body material: Stainless Steel
Flavor focused dual coil RDA
Bottom adjustable airflow control
Attractive pattern of drip tips
Deep juice well for large storage
Attached BF pin for squonker mod
Thread: 510
Colours: Stainless Steel, Black

Guillotine V2 Overview

Despite liking the original Luxotic squonking BF device if anyone read my review they will find i wasn't that impressed with the included RDA, but the Guillotine V2 couldn't be more different. It,s a duel build guillotine style post clamps with flip airflow, giving the choice of bottom or top/side airflow. It comes with both a low profile and much taller ultem 810 drip-tips but any 810 will fit, the RDA also comes with a BF pin pre-installed and a standard pin also included.

The Airflow

The airflow slots on the outer sleeve line up with the decks airflow outlets giving you adjustable bottom airflow which can be adjusted by turning the sleeve. Flipping the outer sleeve upside down now gives you top and side airflow, the more you want side rather than top airflow simply set your coils slightly higher. The top-cap is turned when the sleeve is set this way to adjust the airflow, and if you pull the top-cap off you will see how it's shaped to do this. Looking inside the top-cap you will also see it's lined with ultem to cut down on heat being transferred to the top of the RDA.

The build deck

The build deck has 2 guillotine style posts side by side with shared slots, once loosening the 4 grub screws (2 each post) with the supplied Allen key the end of your wires lift the bar up when slotting into place then simply tighten down. Sounds simple but to be honest getting both coils sitting right before tightening was a bit tricky until i used a couple of rods to hold them in place. If you are intending on using the RDA with the airflow flipped then i personally would set the coils a bit higher. The Guillotine V2 has a nice deep juice well, 6mm if using the bottom airflow but if you have the airflow flipped the sleeve blocks the decks airflow outlets giving you approximately a 10mm well. When it came to wicking i was quite generous with the length of the cotton. If using bottom airflow make sure none of your cotton obstruct the outlets.

Luxotic DF Box Specs and Features:

Size: 54.5 x 41.2 x 77.2mm
Cell type: Dual high-rate 18650 cell (NOT included)
Output wattage: 1-200W
Output Mode: VW/TC-Ni/TC-Ti/TC-SS/TCR mode
Screen: 1.3-inch OLED
E-liquid capacity: 7ml
Squonk system for convenient e-liquid refilling
Compact box mod with 1.3-inch large display
Powered by dual 18650 cells with 200W output
Built-in refillable bottle of 7ml capacity
Multiple circuit protection systems
Thread type: 510 spring-loaded connector
Colours: Green, White, Blue, Black

Fitting The Batteries

The dual 18650 batteries get fitted via the bottom hatch door, orientation is marked very clearly inside the battery tubes but Black on Black on the door. When the battery hatch is open you will also see where the bottle gets fitted as it lines up flush almost making it look like 3 batteries are fitted. Slight play on the door when open but it secures in place very nicely and there is no movement or rattles whatsoever.

The Squonk Bottle

On the Luxotic DF it's this that leaves me scratching my head and saying to myself why? There is a plate with a cutout in it to allow pressing of the bottle on the spine of the device. The plate is pretty standard as you find on most squonk devices and also as usual is removable, it's secured in place by a notch at the bottom and 2 magnets towards the top. The problem is once this plate is removed the gap is still not big enough to easily remove the bottle you need to pinch the bottle and pull it both upwards and outwards to get the bottle through the gap which if there is any liquid in the bottle it's going to be messy. Removing the empty bottle isn't so bad but trying to put the full bottle in place see's most of the liquid end up inside the device. You can remove and fit the bottle hassle free but by doing it via the bottom hatch door which means removing the batteries every time so they don't just fall out. The bottle holds 7ml of liquid (a spare bottle is included) and has a top with texturing for grip and some protruding tubing to fit to the pipe in the device. pulling the squonk bottle out via the hatch door refilling and fitting back into place works well but it means disturbing your batteries each time and why even have the removable plate and not just a cutout in the spine especially as the plate also has a lot of movement once fitted which is another con.

Using the Luxotic DF Box

The menu system is done very well and is very user friendly, the large screen and layout helps with this. Everything is done from one screen instead of going into sub-menus and when changing modes certain items change on the screen to select or alter making it very uncomplicated. To make it this simple items that most people are less likely to use are not present but can be accessed separately. To set your 3 TCR settings can be done by pressing the fire button and right button together when the device is off, once these are set they can be selected on the main menu. Also while the device is off pressing together the fire and left button shows you your batteries voltages. While the device is on pressing the power and right together takes you to where you can set an uploaded logo and pressing the right again takes you to where you can set your pre-heat. Fire and left sets your device to stealth mode and pressing left and right together locks the keys on your device. There are also other things that can be done by different amounts of fire clicks while the device is off including seeing the firmware version and flipping the screen. For those that have the RX GEN3 the menu system works exactly the same way.

My Experience Using The Luxotic DF Kit

As usual the first thing to say is i do not use temp control and do not have the equipment to get data so my reviews are simply based on my personal experience. As mentioned earlier i was surprised how good the ergonomics are and the large fire button is very easy to find and also nice and clicky. The wattage's i vaped at seemed very accurate and the device fires instantly, during use i had no issues whatsoever. The build on the Guillotine V2 i did was 0.17ohm which gave a smooth vape with very good flavour at 55W. The device squonked great and the Guillotine worked great as a BF RDA but the device isn't perfect. As already mentioned removing and fitting the bottle isn't ideal and there is very noticeable play on the squonk plate on the spine of the device. Also to keep the device short the 510 has been positioned directly above the bottle which limits atty size even 25mm atty's have slight overhang. The device does have 2A charging and is fully firmware upgradeable.

Overall good build quality
Durable looking finish
Portable for dual battery BF device
Good ergonomically
High wattage
Temp control (not tested)
Large well set out display
Very nice fire button
Fires instantly
Performed well in power mode
Easy to use menu system
Spare bottle
Good amount of spares
Good flavour with Guillotine V2
Easy build
Worked well with BF pin
2A charging
Firmware upgradeable

Cons

Need to fit and remove squonk bottle via battery door
Squonk plate not fit for purpose (fitting bottle this way see's e-juice go everywhere)
Movement with squonk plate (with hand not free movement)
25mm and above atty's have overhang
Black on Black battery orientation

I would once again like to thank Angelia from Wismec for supplying the Luxotic DF Box 200W TC Kit with Guillotine V2 for the purpose of this review.

http://www.wismec.com/product/luxotic-df...lotine-v2/

https://store.wismec.com/luxotic-df-box-...2-kit.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread