Wismec Luxotic squonker

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fozzy71

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2016
8 Mile + 2.5
That's true I will too as long as it gets good reviews but if using the RSQ all this time before the Pulse 80 is released,I might not want it?
yeah, some may opt to pass. I will be getting it if it gets good reviews since the Voopoo Drag is easily one of my favorite TC chips.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
And with RSQ already out I think the pulse 80 will be too late to the party?

In some ways, perhaps they are. But that is Nothing new to the e-Cigarette game.

The Vandy Vape Pulse 80w is a Slightly Bigger mod than the RSQ. But it can also run a 20700 Battery. Which might appeal to those who have 20700's already (like existing Mechanical Pulse Mod users).

A 20700 can also have a Higher CDR than an 18650. So a person can use Higher Watts over the entire working Battery Voltage.

Vandy Vape will also do something that some OEM's fall down on IMO. And that is offer Multiple Door and Bottle Colours. So users can Mix and Match how they want their Mod to look. Vandy Vape also does a Better Job than many of promoting their products via YouTube reviewers.

If the Board Vandy Vape is going with is a Good Performer, I predict that the Pulse 80w will be well received. And the old business saying will probably be true...

"If you Want to be Famous, Do Something First. If you Want to Make Money, do it Second."

• Agree
Reactions: Fozzy71

t8kiteasy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2012
virginia beach
Yes true I would prefer a 20XXX battery but the problem with them and the few mods that support them,these cells are not massively available yet(and I fear they might not be).
The replaceable doors yes I do like that too especially with the inbox line of 75's.
If they are hoping that larger capacity single battery and swappable doors will make the device coveted,that is a large risk knowing you are late to the game? I do enjoy the new batt size devices though the few you can find I think is why a lot more are not switching over to them now.

• Agree
Reactions: score69

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Yes true I would prefer a 20XXX battery but the problem with them and the few mods that support them,these cells are not massively available yet(and I fear they might not be).
The replaceable doors yes I do like that too especially with the inbox line of 75's.
If they are hoping that larger capacity single battery and swappable doors will make the device coveted,that is a large risk knowing you are late to the game? I do enjoy the new batt size devices though the few you can find I think is why a lot more are not switching over to them now.

It's just Hard to say how something like the Vandy Vape 80w will do?

I think Vandy Vape has got it's head screwed on right when it comes to People in their Design/R&D departments. They seem to keep their Finger on the Pulse (I know... But I Couldn't Resist. LOL) of what Vapers want. And Low End quality isn't what comes to my mind when I think of Vandy Vape.

Like I said, if the Board is Good, I think the Vady Vape 80w will be a good seller. But who knows?

Reactions: t8kiteasy

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
BTW - Maybe when this Hits it will Blow Away all the other Regulated Mods out there?

aspire-squonk-mod-00.jpg

Or maybe it will be a Day Late and a Dollar Short?

score69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2015
Athens, GA, USA
I've got two RSQ's, but I will still be buying two of the Pulse 80w as soon as I find it at a reliable US vendor. I'm guessing by the time it's in stock in the US, there will be enough reviews out there to give a good initial impression.

I'm confident the board in the Pulse is not going to be a slouch, I've got the Alpha, Drag and TOO, and none of them disappoint.

My only concern would be a possible design flaw where it may leak, etc. I'm guessing chances of this are pretty slim too though. Time will tell. The regular Pulse seems very well received, I think this is going to be a great upgrade to those of us that prefer a regulated device.

There are folks that won't look at it since it's not a DNA, not this, not that. But the Gene chip is extremely solid and it sounds like this is going to be offered at a very competitive price. I'm interested in what they did with the new bottle system, but it's nice to know that 'standard' bottles will also fit/work.

I haven't been this excited about something in a long time, lol. I'm not really on a tight vape budget right now, but there's honestly nothing else I want right now. I've got an FDA stockpile of equipment and nic concentrate. The first/last thing I do every day is check for info on the new Pulse. :D

Fozzy71

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2016
8 Mile + 2.5
I'm interested in what they did with the new bottle system, but it's nice to know that 'standard' bottles will also fit/work.
there are pics on VU, not sure if they were posted in this thread, but it basically looks a new cap style that should hopefully be easier to twist on and off when refilling and maybe it has some sort of vent so I don't have to always plug the tube with a blue screw drive when I refill and cap the bottle.

t8kiteasy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2012
virginia beach
I've got two RSQ's, but I will still be buying two of the Pulse 80w as soon as I find it at a reliable US vendor. I'm guessing by the time it's in stock in the US, there will be enough reviews out there to give a good initial impression.

I'm confident the board in the Pulse is not going to be a slouch, I've got the Alpha, Drag and TOO, and none of them disappoint.

My only concern would be a possible design flaw where it may leak, etc. I'm guessing chances of this are pretty slim too though. Time will tell. The regular Pulse seems very well received, I think this is going to be a great upgrade to those of us that prefer a regulated device.

There are folks that won't look at it since it's not a DNA, not this, not that. But the Gene chip is extremely solid and it sounds like this is going to be offered at a very competitive price. I'm interested in what they did with the new bottle system, but it's nice to know that 'standard' bottles will also fit/work.

I haven't been this excited about something in a long time, lol. I'm not really on a tight vape budget right now, but there's honestly nothing else I want right now. I've got an FDA stockpile of equipment and nic concentrate. The first/last thing I do every day is check for info on the new Pulse. :D

It's not that we would not consider them because it is not a DNA device. It's,back when we started vaping 8-9 years ago the DNA chip was the only go to,so,we stayed with them and they do work extremely well.
I know the other chips work well to it's just what we had then is what we stayed with.

score69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2015
Athens, GA, USA
It's not that we would not consider them because it is not a DNA device. It's,back when we started vaping 8-9 years ago the DNA chip was the only go to,so,we stayed with them and they do work extremely well.
I know the other chips work well to it's just what we had then is what we stayed with.
I understand completely. Not every device, chip, etc is for everybody.

I like my two DNA devices, but in all honesty, they are a DNA 40, and a DNA 75 (Inbox VT). I haven't kept up with the times there. :)

I'm just glad we're starting to see a good many more options coming available and I do like my Gene chips.

There's something out there for all of us, good to see that more choices are coming available more quickly.

t8kiteasy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2012
virginia beach
I understand completely. Not every device, chip, etc is for everybody.

I like my two DNA devices, but in all honesty, they are a DNA 40, and a DNA 75 (Inbox VT). I haven't kept up with the times there. :)

I'm just glad we're starting to see a good many more options coming available and I do like my Gene chips.

There's something out there for all of us, good to see that more choices are coming available more quickly.
Yes you are so right. I have a few devices too that others hate (Smok Alien 3 f them) that work very well in TC mode,others have bashed it for a while and mine are still kicking well over a year on them. Then I do have quite a few $3-$5 hundred dollar(let's not start the talk about price) DNA devices that I love. Your right about other chip devices being offered. I wonder what it would be like back then if we had all these options we do today. As long as we stay off analogs that is what counts though.

• Agree

hurricanegirl100

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 29, 2012
The burbies of Cleveland
My Luxotic is on preorder, so, hopefully, it'll come with the updated softer bottle. Really liked the Kanger Dripbox.... but that bottle was a PITA.

Spring loaded battery connector, short circuit, low voltage and reverse battery protection and! The button lights up! Interchangeable doors!!

Yip!

What few electronics are in the Luxotic are encased in steel and I'm liking the leak protection at the top of the bottle
We shall see. Est ship date is 3.13

Reactions: EatMaBB

hurricanegirl100

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 29, 2012
The burbies of Cleveland
I picked up a Luxotic today from my local shop.He bought the last two the distributor had.I got the one with the blue resin door.Haven't used it yet,but it feels great in the hand.

Blue resin door.. that's the one I ordered. Lucky guy! Did you get the mod with the Tobhino? (JayBo created the Tobh RDA) If you did, I'd be curious as to how hard/easy it is to build on it!

stephenwhat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
Saint Cloud,MN.
Blue resin door.. that's the one I ordered. Lucky guy! Did you get the mod with the Tobhino? (JayBo created the Tobh RDA) If you did, I'd be curious as to how hard/easy it is to build on it!
I got the kit with the atty. Will build it later but it doesn't look too difficult from the reviews I've seen. It comes with two coils that are already pre bent and cut to drop in,so using one of them as a guide it should be fairly straightforward. I'll post my thoughts on both after I use them for a bit.

Sent from my LGMS550 using Tapatalk

score69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2015
Athens, GA, USA
Can anyone enlighten me?
how would this type mod different with regulator n mech mod on firing/hit ?
simple cause i bought some kanthal clapton which very very slow to heat up on mech but ok with regulator mod, would like to know luxotic able to solve it ? not plan to buy another squonk soon ...
This is an unregulated device. It has a board that provides some user protections, but fires at battery voltage like a mech mod.

If your build isn't giving you a satisfactory vape on a mech, then it won't on this device either.

You need to either find a build that gives you a satisfactory vape on a mech. Likely your build has too much coil mass, takes too long to heat up. I'm primarily a regulated mod user, others may be able to help you there. Maybe look in the forums for builds folks are running on single battery mech devices. I've got a few unregulated squonks I haven't used myself. I'm planning on starting with twisted wire or parrell wire builds myself to keep coil mass lower. Also, using a single coil should help if you are using a higher mass coil.

I prefer a cooler vape though than most. I'll be looking to build for reasonable ramp up time, but not a hot build. I need to do a lot of reading here myself on this. Builing is very different than for regulated devices. From the little research I've done so far, I'll be starting with twisted wire and and parallel wire builds. Your clapton wire and build are probably the problem here.

• Winner
Reactions: SonnyCooL
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread