Wismec Luxotic Surface Battery Low Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adrian Agnes

Sep 13, 2019
I got a problem with my Luxotic Surface. I'm using a LG Choco Battery 18650, it was fully charged and when I press the fire button suddenly it appears for Battery Low even the battery was on fully charged. I tried my spare battery maybe its just a mistake putting a fully charge battery, but it was the same issue also with the spare battery. I tried the 2 batteries with my Geek Vape Aegis 100W to check whether my batteries are already broke but it works fine. I was vaping for my Luxotic Surface by 55.0 Wattage, 0.21 ohms, 3.40 Voltage. Can someone help me out to fix this problem?

Attachments

• 20190914_000620.jpg
    20190914_000620.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 71
  • Optimistic
Reactions: stols001

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I got a problem with my Luxotic Surface. I'm using a LG Choco Battery 18650, it was fully charged and when I press the fire button suddenly it appears for Battery Low even the battery was on fully charged. I tried my spare battery maybe its just a mistake putting a fully charge battery, but it was the same issue also with the spare battery. I tried the 2 batteries with my Geek Vape Aegis 100W to check whether my batteries are already broke but it works fine. I was vaping for my Luxotic Surface by 55.0 Wattage, 0.21 ohms, 3.40 Voltage. Can someone help me out to fix this problem?

Hi Adrian. Welcome to the ECF.

I'm Not sure that your Surface can be Fixed? Because I Don't think that the Surface has a way to do a Factory Reset.

You might try taking the Battery out of the Mod and them Holding Down the Fire Button for 30 seconds or so. But I'm not sure it will do anything.

• Agree

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal

BTW - Do you know anyone who uses 18650 Batteries that you could try in your Mod.

Or Maybe a Vape Shop near you?

Adrian Agnes

Sep 13, 2019
Hi Adrian. Welcome to the ECF.

I'm Not sure that your Surface can be Fixed? Because I Don't think that the Surface has a way to do a Factory Reset.

You might try taking the Battery out of the Mod and them Holding Down the Fire Button for 30 seconds or so. But I'm not sure it will do anything.

Hello. Thank you for your response. Yeah, that is my concern. I don't know whether it can be done for a factory reset. But I will still try to do as what you said. I have a Aegis and I try to put my 18650 batteries on it, but it works fine. Maybe the chip of my Luxotic Surface got some juice inside. Leaky problems from wismec luxotic. BTW, there are some shops near me. I will try to ask some help also with them. Thank you again man.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Hello. Thank you for your response. Yeah, that is my concern. I don't know whether it can be done for a factory reset. But I will still try to do as what you said. I have a Aegis and I try to put my 18650 batteries on it, but it works fine. Maybe the chip of my Luxotic Surface got some juice inside. Leaky problems from wismec luxotic. BTW, there are some shops near me. I will try to ask some help also with them. Thank you again man.

Hey No Problem.

I've been using a Surface for about 6 Months as my Daily Driver. Great Squonker. Let us know if you Find something Fixes the Battery Display.

BTW - Have you used the Mod much since you got the Battery Display Issue?

The Reason I ask is I have a Mod that does something Similar. When I put in a Fresh Battery, the Display goes to about 1/2 after 6 or 7 Hits. But it stays there until the Battery drains to about 3.7v or so. Then the Display Drops as the Battery Voltage Drops.

It Doesn't effect how the works. It's just a Wonky display.

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    Hey No Problem.

I've been using a Surface for about 6 Months as my Daily Driver. Great Squonker. Let us know if you Find something Fixes the Battery Display.

The Reason I ask is I have a Mod that does something Similar. When I put in a Fresh Battery, the Display goes to about 1/2 after 6 or 7 Hits. But it stays there until the Battery drains to about 3.7v or so. Then the Display Drops as the Battery Voltage Drops.

Agreed. I have a modern mod that drops quickly to the last quarter and can then run several hours down there.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    Agreed. I have a modern mod that drops quickly to the last quarter and can then run several hours down there.

Exactly.

It's Funny. But for me, and the Way I use My Surface, Single 0.4 Ohm SS Coil @ 25 Watts, I really Don't even a Battery Gauge. Because the Time it Takes to go thru a Squonk Bottle is the same to go thru a Fresh Battery.

Which also happens to be 24 Hours.

So If I use My Surface exclusively, and Fill up the Bottle/Put in a Fresh Battery at 9:00 am today, at 9:00 am tomorrow it is time for a Refill and a Fresh Battery.

Adrian Agnes

Sep 13, 2019
    Hey No Problem.

I agree for a great squonker. As of now is still the same. When I'm putting a Fresh Charged battery, it shows only 1/8 percent of the battery and after pulling atleast 3 drags then the MOD will says Battery Low. But the battery works fine on my GeekVape Aegis.

Adrian Agnes

Sep 13, 2019
    It may be usable if with wonky display but if it's under warranty I would warranty it. There's no point "just living with it" if it is under warranty KWIM?

Anna
    The problem is I bought my surface from philippines when I had my Vacation. But the main problem right now is I'm in Dubai and there is no shops might take the warranty for it.

• Optimistic

Adrian Agnes

Sep 13, 2019
    Exactly.

It's Funny. But for me, and the Way I use My Surface, Single 0.4 Ohm SS Coil @ 25 Watts, I really Don't even a Battery Gauge. Because the Time it Takes to go thru a Squonk Bottle is the same to go thru a Fresh Battery.

Which also happens to be 24 Hours.

So If I use My Surface exclusively, and Fill up the Bottle/Put in a Fresh Battery at 9:00 am today, at 9:00 am tomorrow it is time for a Refill and a Fresh Battery.
    I'm not using the Kerstrel RDTA included with my surface. I'm currently using Wotofo Profile RDA. I had no issues before on my surface, but suddenly it just happened. I don't know why it just happened after turning on the MOD and I'm surprised that the battery was on 1/8 percent on the gauge even its a fresh battery fully charged.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    I don't think so. Because the battery works fine on my other MOD Aegis. Maybe some problem within the chip of my surface.
    Could be. I kinda want to know how many volts the battery is holding at full charge though. Given limited data my suspicion would be its most likely the luxotic has some sort of calibration issue. No real good way to tell for sure though.

• Agree

Adrian Agnes

Sep 13, 2019
    Quit buying garbage. If it's Wismec it's junk. Hit it with a hammer a few times and get something worth having.
    Hahaha. This is the second time I buy a Wismec product. First is Luxotic BF and I got an issue for Auto firing and now for my luxotic surface battery low issue.
    Could be. I kinda want to know how many volts the battery is holding at full charge though. Given limited data my suspicion would be its most likely the luxotic has some sort of calibration issue. No real good way to tell for sure though.
    As I checked, the volts for a full charge battery was 3.64 Volts. Maybe it was some sort of calibration issue. But who knows. I'm still trying to search some informations from it.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    Hahaha. This is the second time I buy a Wismec product. First is Luxotic BF and I got an issue for Auto firing and now for my luxotic surface battery low issue.

As I checked, the volts for a full charge battery was 3.64 Volts. Maybe it was some sort of calibration issue. But who knows. I'm still trying to search some informations from it.
    Is that true for both the ageis and the luxotic? If so it just means the ageis will fire lower. 3.64v is extremely low for a newly charged battery. They should be near 4.0v or a bit above it.

My first move if they both read 3.64v would be to get new batteries.

Adrian Agnes

Sep 13, 2019
    Is that true for both the ageis and the luxotic? If so it just means the ageis will fire lower. 3.64v is extremely low for a newly charged battery. They should be near 4.0v or a bit above it.

My first move if they both read 3.64v would be to get new batteries.
    As I checked is was 3.64V for both. Maybe the problem also was the battery. I'll let you know for the update. Thanks man.

Reactions: bombastinator

bombastinator

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    As I checked is was 3.64V for both. Maybe the problem also was the battery. I'll let you know for the update. Thanks man.
    It’s not that unusual for mods to refuse to fire below 3.5v. The ageis May be very different that way. Batteries reduce their maximum available voltage as they age.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread