Wismec REULEAUX RX G - Review by Javichu (Sourcemore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Javichu

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2020
Spain
Greetings my fellow vaperinos :)

Time to take a look at the Wismec REULEAUX RX G which was sent to me by my friends over at Sourcemore for the purposes of the review.

First of all and as usual i start with some pics with useful info,specs and stats about this kit.

CHOICE OF COLORS:

WismecReuleauxRXGKit_4.jpg

BREAKDOWN OF ALL THE COMPONENTS:

9744099-10.jpg

FEATURES:

d7fda5add1.jpg

BATTERY PLACEMENT:

Wismec_Reuleaux_RX_G_Kit_Battery.jpg

EASY FILL ATOMIZER:

9744104-2_1200x1200.jpg

COILS AVAILABLE FOR THIS ATOMIZER:

Wismec_Reuleaux_RX_G_Kit_Coil.jpg

SPECS:

Battery Type - 18650
Output Wattage - 1-100W
Resistance range - 0.1-3.0ohm
Charging current - 5V/2A
Up to 25mm without overhang
Multiple Circuit Protections
Screen: 0.96″ Colour Screen
510 connection
Smart coil protection (when used with AST coils)
Spring loaded fire button
Fire lock button
Height: 87.5mm
Width: 27.0mm
Depth: 38.4mm

CONTENTS:

Reuleaux RX G mod
Reuleaux G 4.7ml tank
Type-C USB cable
1×0.5ohm WX coil-head
1×0.5ohm WX coil-head
Manuals/warranty card/etc
Spare glass for the tank

Unboxing and first impressions:

Once opened the box all the contents are neatly fit into their slots,at first glance you see the mod,atomizer and a spare glass.
Remove the top tray and you have the rest of the contents,coils,usb cable,manuals,warranty card.

For this review i was sent the black version,visually speaking this is one of those mods you will hate or love the first time you see it.
Me personally i love it's looks and design because it looks futuristic,expose exoskeleton made of metal which gives the mod a nice grip when you're holding it.
The exoskeleton really stands out since the back the of the mob has an exposed battery tube and the front is just the screen,fire button and a physical switch that will lock the fire button in place.

Where are the + and - buttons you may ask? well those are in the side cleverly disguised as the chrome like plates that you have on both side.

Tank wise this is a garden variety tank,no pod so that is one more thing that i like about this device,not a fan of pods to be honest.

Vaping time:

Just a heads up this will be a shorter review compared to my previous ones and i will mostly focus on the mod.

This is not by choice thou,let me make it clear i am very thorough when it comes to using a new tank/atomizer/pod for the first time.
In the case of metal tanks like this i wash them 3 times,first time i use warm (not hot) water with just one drop of soap.
Rinse,rinse,rinse and then rinse some more,then the second stage i use high proof vodka.
Rinse,rinse,rinse and then rinse some more and then final visual examination and will probably rinse once more just to make sure.

So yeah after this last paragraph you can probably guess where I'm going...
I primed the coil,put it in the tank,let it sit for 30 minutes and then proceeded to fire it up below suggested wattage recommendation.

Really weird artificial and chemical taste...like off the charts,10 puffs or so then stopped using it.

Issue couldn't be my e-liquid since it's the same e-liquid i use day in and day out.
Without knowing where the taste was coming from and not wanting to risk it i proceeded to take out the coil and toss it in the garbage.
Time to give another 3 rounds of rinse,rinse,rinse and more rinse,this time and following the recommendation of my good ol' friend @hittman i borrowed my neighbors magnifying glass and inspected the tank very closely,couldn't find any piece of metal or residue stuck anywhere so i thought i would pop in the other coil and give it a second try.

And....the same result,almost the same artificial and chemical taste.
And all this after washing and rinsing this tank a total of 6 times,so yeah still not sure why this happened.

Could be a bad batch of coils or it could be the tank,but yeah when it comes to inhaling if something seems off my rule is to stop it right away.

So what i have left is just to comment about the mod itself.

First red flag was the battery compartment door,typical push and slide type of cover.
Well i press my thumb against the cover i slid forward and opened it up but...it stopped at a 45 degree angle.
Clear resistance when trying to push forward...so before ''forcing'' it i had to watch 3 review videos just to see if this had happened to anyone.
Nope,seems it only happened to me....so now i am torn,do i push it forward or just call it quits?
So i pushed forward and thankfully it didn't break but this should be something that doesn't happen.
Spent the next 30 minutes opening and closing it and it's clear that the culprit of this is the hinge attaching the battery door to the mod.
The hinge is way way too loose so you just can't pull the battery door to open completely the battery compartment,you need to push it forward while you pushing the battery cover up.

Not sure if this only happens in the model i got or if it is poor design,either way this shouldn't be happening since the battery door is a fundamental part of the mod.

Apart from this i can't really fault the mod in anything else,good response time when firing and it feels like sturdy device.

Menu is pretty simple to operate and the mod itself has a good size so you can use it as your daily about town mod,well it just uses a 18650 battery so if you sub ohm at high wattages the battery won't last very long.

I did use the mod for awhile and the flashy LED's sure make it look fun,battery sleeve and the words WISMEC and RXG light up with different colors when you fire the mod.

If you're not a fan of LED's you can turn this off in the mod's menu.

PROS:

Solid device,nice grip thanks to the metal exoskeleton
Unique looks,makes it stand out from the rest
Flashy LED's (if that is your sort of thing)

CONS:

Battery door,either my device is faulty or it's a design flaw paired with poor workmanship
The tank...can't really comment since i barely used it,i expected better quality control

WOULD I RECOMMEND THIS DEVICE:

Well...tough call,if i would have got a flawless kit with everything working as it should then maybe yes i would have given it a thumbs up.
But judging by what i got i can only recommend the mod and that is if you like LED's and you like to show off a mod that is different from the rest.

As usual here you have a code in case you decide to acquire this kit:

$49.99 - Wismec Reuleaux RX G Kit
Code: RXGK

Thanks again to all my friends at Sourcemore for giving me the opportunity to review this kit.

Thanks for reading.

Reactions: ShamrockPat
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread