Wismec - REULEAUX RX2 21700 Kit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim Wiseman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2017
Bolton, England
Hi ECF members, In this review i take a look at the RX2 21700 Kit by Wismec. The RX2 21700 Kit was kindly supplied for the purpose of this review by Angelia from Wismec.

Reuleaux RX2 21700 - Wismec Electronics Co.,Ltd

In the Box

Contents:

1 * reuleaux RX2 21700
1 * GNOME
2 * 21700 Cell
2 * Battery Sleeve
1 * WM02 Dual 0.15ohm Head
1 * WM01 Single 0.4ohm Head
1 * QC USB Cable
2 * User Manual
2 * Warning Card
Spare Parts

Aesthetics and Ergonomics

The RX2 21700 In looks is identical to the RX2 20700 with the only differences between the 2 devices being that the RX2 21700 is slightly larger to accommodate the 21700 batteries and also has a maximum wattage of 230w rather than 200w. I haven't personally used the RX2 20700 device so from now on in the review i will not be comparing the two different devices. The sides of the device slant outwards to make the device wider at the back and quite narrow at the front. Where the sides meet the back of the device (which is the battery tray) the device is curved to make it quite comfortable to hold and use, it also has generous venting slits on both sides. I received the Gradient Green version which is a nice deep shade of Green, looking at the other colours available the Purple and White also look nice and if you like shiny there is also a Gloss Black. The device is entirely the colour of choice apart from black battery tray, buttons and of course screen. The front of the device has a large fire button at the top (with "jay bo" monogram etched on) and USB port at the bottom. The large 1.3 inch screen sits centrally and directly underneath this is the +/- rocker bar. The bottom of the device has the battery tray release catch, safety stamps and branding. The battery tray makes up the back of the device and the spring loaded 510 sits on top. The RX2 21700 is larger than an average sized duel 18650 device but i think most people wouldn't consider it too large to be portable rather than just being a desktop mod.

The Gnome

Gnome Specs:

Stainless Steel Construction
Pyrex Glass
Diameter: 25mm
Height: 45mm
Top-Filling
2ml/4ml Capacity
Adjustable Bottom Airflow
510 Thread
Colour: Black

Assembling and filling

If you don't include the drip tip the Gnome is just 3 sections. The base easily unscrews which then allows you to move the glass with no effort whatsoever from the top section and that's it. The tank has a large top section which if you receive the TPD compliant version has a very tightly fitted silicone bung to make the Gnome TPD compliant. The 4ml version doesn't have the bung which means half the liquid is above the glass level. Despite the bung being tight it can be moved but not easily, fortunately if you do wish to remove it because it's in the top section and not the glass you can use a bit of force without damaging anything. The Gnome has a very nice retractable filling system and good size fill slot. I used the Ultem drip tip as over time i have got to prefer it even though when i first used the Gnome with the RX GEN3 i originally preferred the delrin, you can also fit your own 510 if you so wish.

Performance

I did at first think the Baby Beast coils would fit which would of increased the Gnomes stock, as this would of made it compatible with a lot of coils available, but although they screw into the base the threading at the top then doesn't properly catch or if you screw them into the top they only slightly catch with the threading in the base. I used both coils supplied starting with the dual 0.15 which is rated between 30w - 70w. The coil took a while to properly break in but was worth the wait as i really liked it, especially at 50w, it gave fair cloud and very good flavour. The 0.4 coil rated at 40w - 70w i liked as much and settled for 45w. There is an RBA available for the Gnome and it would of been nice if that had been included. Also for cloud chasers there's a triple core head rated at 40w - 130w which i've tried in the past but didn't like as i couldn't get descent flavour from it. The overall thoughts of the Gnome is it's a very descent tank especially as a kit tank and both the 0.15 and 0.4 coils are very good.

RX2 21700 Specs:

Mod Size: 46.03*37.10*81.50mm
Thread type: 510 spring loaded connector
Cell type: high-rate 21700/18650 cell
Output wattage: 1-230W
Resistance range: 0.05-1.5ohm for TC modes, 0.1-3.5ohm for VW mode
Temperature range: 100-315°C/ 200-600?F (TC modes)
Maximum charging current: 2A
Maximum output current: 50A
Output voltage range: 0.5-9V
Colours: Gloss Black, Gradient White, Gradient Purple, Gradient Green

Using the RX2 21700

The battery door has a release catch on the bottom which allows you to slide the battery tray with batteries off the device as it slides on and off via a rail system. Orientation is clearly marked with the + and - having a bright white outline.
The menu system is done very well and is very user friendly, the large screen and layout helps with this. Everything is done from one screen instead of going into sub-menus and when changing modes certain items change on the screen to select or alter making it very uncomplicated. To make it this simple items that most people are less likely to use are not present but can be accessed separately. To set your 3 TCR settings can be done by pressing the fire button and right button together when the device is off, once these are set they can be selected on the main menu. Also while the device is off pressing together the fire and left button shows you your batteries voltages. While the device is on pressing the power and right together takes you to where you can set an uploaded logo and pressing the right again takes you to where you can set your pre-heat. Fire and left sets your device to stealth mode and pressing left and right together locks the keys on your device. There are also other things that can be done by different amounts of fire clicks while the device is off including seeing the firmware version and flipping the screen. For those that have the RX GEN3 the menu system works exactly the same way.

Performance

I had no major issues using the RX2 21700 and used it at all sorts of wattage's. As well as using the Gnome tank i was also testing an MTL RTA at lower wattage's and the device was as quiet as a mouse. I found the fire button very responsive and there was no noticeable delay when firing. The only disappointment is that any tank over 25mm will overhang the device at the front. Moving from the only disappointment to the only issue i found even though it was nothing major. The issue i found was when firing you naturally put a bit of pressure to the top of the back of the device, this squeezing effect produced a slight creek from the battery cover which once noticed bugged a bit. With further investigation it doesn't seem to be the battery tray moving as such because i detected no movement or rattle when shaking the device, (maybe just the the tray flexing a bit and hopefully will not be present with the retail version). I have no idea how accurate the claimed mAh and continuous discharge is with the supplied Avatar batteries but i had no performance issues and got good battery life comfortably better than with duel 18650's.

Takes 21700 batteries
Simple menu system
Performed well
Temp Control
Nice Colours
High Wattage
Good battery life
Large Display
Comes with Gnome Tank
Supplied coils supplied gave great flavour

Dislikes

Larger than duel 18650 devices
Slight creek from battery tray when squeezing
Over 25mm tanks have overhang

Conclusion

A nicely designed device which i found performed well. 21700 batteries allowing for higher mAh from only 2 batteries. The supplied Gnome tank is a very good tank to be included with a kit.

I would once again like to thank Angelia from Wismec for supplying the RX2 21700 Kit for the purpose of this review.

Reuleaux RX2 21700 - Wismec Electronics Co.,Ltd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread