Wismec Reuleaux RXGEN3 Kit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim Wiseman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2017
Bolton, England
Hi ECF members, In this review i take a look at the RX GEN3 Kit from Wismec which was kindly supplied for the purpose of this review by David from Urvapin.

https://www.urvapin.com/wismec-reuleaux-...mizer.html

In the Box

Contents:

1 * reuleaux RX GEN3 (no cells)
1 * GNOME
1 * Delrin Drip Tip
1 * Ultem Drip Tip
1 * WM02 Dual 0.15ohm Head
1 * WM03 Triple 0.2ohm Head
1 * QC USB Cable
1 * Glass Tube
2 * User Manual
2 * Warning Card
Spare Parts

Aesthetics and Ergonomics

On opening the box i was shocked by how small the device was, surely the RX GEN3 must be the smallest 3 battery device available. The device sent to me was the red which has a black rear which extends three quarters the length of the sides. I am not always a fan of red devices but the shade here is very deep, what i would describe as beajolais and very nice indeed. WISMEC is written in bold down both sides of the device which is underscored by approx half mm wide venting slots where the red meets the black. Despite it's small size the RXGEN3 has a nice sized screen on it with black surround and buttons, jaybo is written on the fire button. The other colour options are also very nice, i must say it's a nice device to look at.
Ergonomically it's spot on, which means we actually have a 3 battery device that can be carried about and feels comfortable in the hand, the fire button feels a natural thumb firer (and is nice and clicky) but turning the device around allows you to fire with the finger just as comfortably. The Gnome tank which comes with the RXGEN3 is original looking, it's very stumpy yet the top section takes up half it's height so the glass is very narrow. The bottom airflow is dual weird shaped cyclops with stopper and is very low and the adjustment ring instead of slots has two bottom cut outs to match. As far as i'm aware black is the only colour the Gnome is available in.

The Gnome

Specs:

Capacity: 2ml/4ml
Thread Type: 510
Stainless Steel Construction
Pyrex Glass
Retractable Top-Fill Method
Dual Bottom Airflow Control
Diameter: 25mm
Hieght: 40mm

Assembling and filling

If you don't include the drip tip the Gnome is just 3 sections. The base easily unscrews which then allows you to move the glass with no effort whatsoever from the top section and that's it. The tank has a large top section which holds a very tightly fitted silicone bung to make the Gnome TPD compliant. The 4ml version doesn't have the bung which means half the liquid is above the glass level. Despite the bung being tight it can be moved but not easily, fortunately if you do wish to remove it because it's in the top section and not the glass you can use a bit of force without damaging anything. The Gnome has a very nice retractable filling system and good size fill slot. I used the delrin drip tip has the Ultem was a bit short for my liking but you can fit your own 510 if you so wish.

Performance

I did at first think the Baby Beast coils would fit which would of increased the Gnomes stock, as this would of made it compatible with a lot of coils available, but although they screw into the base the threading at the top is different. I used both coils supplied starting with the dual 0.15 which is rated between 30w - 70w. The coil took a while to properly break in but was worth the wait as i really liked it, especially at 50w, it gave fair cloud and very good flavour. The triple 0.2 coil rated at 40w - 130w i didn't think much of, the flavour (what flavour there was) peaked at about 70w, after that it was just about very thick clouds. Cloud chasers will like the 0.2 coil but it wasn't for me. There is a RBA available for the Gnome and it would of been nice if that had been included. The overall thoughts of the Gnome is it's a descent tank especially as a kit tank and the 0.15 coil is very good.

RXGEN3 300W

Specs:

Size: 39.3*48.8*74mm
Thread Type: 510 spring loaded connector
Cell Type: high-rate 18650 cell (discharging current should be above 25A)
Output Mode: VW/TC-Ni/TC-Ti/TC-SS/TCR mode
Preheat
Output Wattage: 1-300W
Resistance Range: 0.05-1.5ohm for TC modes / 0.1-3.5ohm for VW mode
Temperature Range: 100-315°C/200-600°F (TC modes)
Maximum Charging Current: 2A
Maximum Output Current: 50A
Output Voltage Range: 0.5-9V
1.3 inch OLED Screen
Weight: 197.7g
Colours: Black, Red, Brown, Grey, Green

Build Quality

I have never had a Wismec device before, i know some people love them but some people don't probably because of the size (no such worries here), and 510 problems, so the first thing to look at was the 510 on the RXGEN3. They have done a great job this time around and the 510 is actually fitted inside the device so it's not going anywhere. The device feels and looks quality and is made of metal which explains the large venting slots on the sides of the device as i would imagine using the device at high wattages it will become seriously warm. The battery door on the bottom of the device is also very well done it also has venting and can be slid open and shut with one finger yet fastens into place very securely. The device is very well made and there are no rattles whatsoever even when giving it a good shake.

Using the RXGEN3

The battery orientation is clearly marked but once the batteries are fitted you can just see them through the side venting, it's only slight but will annoy some people i would suggest getting some wraps the same colour as the device.
The menu system is done very well and is very user friendly, the large screen and layout helps with this. Everything is done from one screen instead of going into sub-menus and when changing modes certain items change on the screen to select or alter making it very uncomplicated. To make it this simple items that most people are less likely to use are not present but can be accessed separately. To set your 3 TCR settings can be done by pressing the fire button and right button together when the device is off, once these are set they can be selected on the main menu. Also while the device is off pressing together the fire and left button shows you your batteries voltages. While the device is on pressing the power and right together takes you to where you can set an uploaded logo and pressing the right again takes you to where you can set your pre-heat. Fire and left sets your device to stealth mode and pressing left and right together locks the keys on your device. There are also other things that can be done by different amounts of fire clicks while the device is off including seeing the firmware version and flipping (why anyone would want to) the screen.

Performance

I have no complaints about how the RXGEN3 performs and it has no noticeable delay. I sometimes on a device that's around the 200W mark have a very uncomfortable vape near the upper limits, although i don't have the software to get all the accurate read outs it still gives me a reasonable idea if it's thereabouts, but thankfully because this is a 300w device i didn't put myself through that as i have no intention of ever vaping at over 200w. I would imagine the device will at least do 270w which is surely more than enough for anybody. A 25mm tank fits flush at the front of the device but plenty of room on the sides and back so if just a bit of overhang at the front doesn't bother you bigger tanks could be used. There is a ridge around the 510 which protrudes slightly higher than the main surface giving the slightest of gaps, i believe this was deliberate to help with heat dissipation between the tank and the device and is so slight a lot of people wouldn't even notice it. The battery life is very good with it being a 3 battery device and will last most people all day (more if vaping on low wattages).

attachment.php

A three battery device that can be used out and about
Very simple menu system
Nice sized screen
High wattage capabilities
Temperature Control
Very well built
Very good 510
Nicely done battery door
Good venting
Good battery life

Dislikes

Can see batteries through the venting on sides (using battery wraps same colour as the device will improve this)

Conclusion

A 3 battery device which is small enough (and ergonomically friendly enough) to carry around with you, this will be a godsend to a lot of people. I have not used a Wismec device before, the RXGEN3 has made me a fan.

I would once again like to thank David from Urvapin for supplying the kit.

Coupon: Tim12RX and enjoy 12% off, when you buy the RX gen3 Kit

https://www.urvapin.com/wismec-reuleaux-...mizer.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread