Wismec RX Gen3 Battery Check issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

tulio.vicentini

Mar 20, 2020
Hello

I have a Wismec RX Gen3 vape for almost 2,5 years but I hadn't used them for more than 1 year. Today I tried to charge it and turn on but it always show up the "battery check" issue on the screen.

I went to a vape shop to check the battery life, and they said it was working properly. Does anyone have an idea of what can I try here?

Tks in advance

Don29palms

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2014
joshua tree, ca
Lay the mod down on a solid flat surface. Put on safety glasses. Get a big hammer and hit the mod really hard between 1 and 5 times. Get a broom and dust pan to pick up debris. Empty dust pan in the trash bin. Then remove your credit card from your wallet. Get on the internet to your favorite vape supplier and buy a mod worth having. Easy peasy without being sleazy.

dripster

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2017
Belgium
If you haven't already done so, wipe the battery contacts clean with a bit of alcohol, see if that helps. Often times it's just the tiny screws on the battery door next to the hinge and battery contacts that have gotten too loose so, carefully try to re-tighten them without overtigthening.

EDIT: Also, if you left the batteries in the mod while the mod was held in storage for a year, then get new batteries. Use an external charger to charge your batteries. Do NOT store your batteries inside the mod for a long period so always remember to remove them each time when you're not going to use the mod for some time. (Don't wait till later, as you might eventually forget that they are still in there.)

Charging the batteries internally via the USB port in this mod can actually be dangerous with this mod if you keep doing it repeatedly, as this mod doesn't do balanced charging. So repeatedly doing it causes the imbalance to grow worse each time. That is, until finally you use an external charger to charge all of them fully, which will re-balance them.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread