Status
Not open for further replies.

MsComptrtchr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2013
Tucson, it's a dry heat
OK, the euphoria has worn off. I am on Day 7 - no analogs, vaping, but feel really crappy. I have major body aches (my neck mostly), I'm tired, I feel panicky, depressed, headache, no appetite, etc.

I am not chain-vaping (so not nic od-ing), I am getting lots of water, and I am resting. I do not crave an analog, but I'm not really feeling the vape today either. I feel caught between both worlds.

I searched around the site for withdrawal FAQs, but my head hurts so bad, I can't come up with anything. Can some veterans posts a couple of links that explain the symptoms of withdrawal again please?

zapped

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2009
Richmond, Va...Right in Altria's back yard.
Is totally normal. What youre experiencing are the toxins from the cigarettes (particularly carbon monoxide) leaving your body. The carbon monoxide is what causes the cramps and fatigue.

I felt almost exactly the same way at the three week mark (I was a 2 pack a day smoker for 25 years) and it passed completely in a couple of weeks.

Im not finding any links yet either but I'll keep looking and post back if I find them for you.

Toast fire

Verified Member
Apr 21, 2013
Illinois
I had one day about a 3 or 4 days after getting my vamo (my first apv) where I was chain vaping my 24 mg nic juices. Long story short a few hours into it got kind of tired and passed out, woke up a few hours later covered in sweat with a horrible headache. I realized I had gone through a bunch of juice and in trying to narrow it down realized the crappy ce4 cartos I got with the vamo were overwicking and spitting a fine mist of juice with every pull. Threw those pieces of crap in the trash and have been using kanger t3/mt3s since with the same juices with no similar problems. Probably not the same issue here, just figured I'd share my noob mishap with you. As others have said keep water on hand and fight through it, week 2 will be better.

jfalbanese

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2013
Westport, WA
welcome to tobacco withdrawal. don't backslide now. 7 days is huge. those numbers only go up, if you stay focused. the suffering you are going through now can be an important tool to prevent relapse down the road to tobacco freedom. i know after the first month i stopped, there is no rhyme or reason i would ever want to experience that first month again. just know it does get better, as long as you are committed to stopping. there is no magic bullet here. no matter how rosy a picture everyone paints. we all had to suffer through this. just know we all agree it sucks. and we all agree picking up an analog is not an option, no matter how much you think you need that cig. get over yourself, run around the block a dozen times, do push-ups, beat your kids. whatever you need to do to not ever pick up a cig?, god say's it's ok

Argusi

Verified Member
Apr 28, 2013
Central Florida
plus.google.com
I'm at day 4 and had a bout of grumpy today and vaping didn't help. It waned after a while, but it was a bit disturbing for me. Also, starting to feel some fatigue, but, we have to push through it. It will be worth it in the end. The longest I stopped smoking was 3 months in almost 30 years, but there was no vaping nor a forum full of cool people that have gone through the same things. Good luck and stick to it!

MsComptrtchr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2013
Tucson, it's a dry heat
Thanks everyone for your encouragement. The funny thing is that I have no desire to "backslide" back into analogs. I'm certain that the smell and taste would make me gag. So, I sort of feel in between worlds. I'll (obviously) be a much happier (and healthier) person when I get through these ridiculous withdrawals. And hopefully other noobs will read posts like these and be encouraged, not scared ;)

TyPie

ECF Veteran
Apr 13, 2013
New Joisey (aka NJ)
Thanks everyone for your encouragement. The funny thing is that I have no desire to "backslide" back into analogs. I'm certain that the smell and taste would make me gag. So, I sort of feel in between worlds. I'll (obviously) be a much happier (and healthier) person when I get through these ridiculous withdrawals. And hopefully other noobs will read posts like these and be encouraged, not scared ;)

I (and all of us here, I'm sure) absolutely feel your pain!
You ARE 'between' worlds. The key is your desire not to backslide.

I also had a strange 1st couple of weeks, where I felt great one day and lousy the next. What little craving I had for analogs I dealt with by leaning on the vape a bit more. (Please read through the suggestions on how best to handle your symptoms, and please note that I had some low nicotine juice available for some heavier vaping to get me through any rough spots-----not sure at all that more vaping would be the best thing for you.) Most juices tasted fine during one session, then awful the next, many times in the same day. I felt like things were 'working' one minute, and not working the next. Very 'antsy' one minute, then calm the next.

Your body is on a bit of a roller coaster ride, which will likely subside as time goes by. It should 'level off' shortly. I promise you, that it did for me! This will pass, and you will get through this. All the best.......

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread