Withdrawal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flexxx

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 4, 2012
Utah
Do you all feel some sort of withdrawal from analogs when you first start vaping?

I feel like a got a lump in my throat and my eyes burn a little, my jaw gets tense like I want to grind
my teeth and I also feel a little more anxious.

Been having some wicked dreams also, waking up with my heart pounding (freaks me out a bit)

But other then that LOL, I been kicking some .... on not smoking cigs and my thoughts are it will just get better
and better the longer I go without, I recently also dropped my nicotine level from 18mg to 12mg.

Its only been like 4-5 days for me now but I can already taste and smell a little better.

I have not completely stopped smoking, I still have my morning smoke because that one is the tougher one to miss.

Thoughts?

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
Yeah - me too. Those first two weeks were all about quit smoking withdrawal things. I had mild headaches all the time too. And my attention span was shot to hell. Keep in mind this isn't just about nicotine. Your body has a lot of adjusting to do, withdrawing from all that other crap you were getting from burning processed tobacco.

Believe me, it does get better. But the first 14 days are usually the worst of it.

Mornings were my hard part too. That, and I had a craving fit late at night. For the morning keep that pv right at your bed side. There's a lot to be said for convenience on this one. Making your pv more convenient than getting your cigarettes helps. I also had high nic liquids to use in the morning and for the late day craving fits. Consider getting the next higher level nic liquid over what you are using now to see if it helps.

And don't sweat it too much. If you have a real desire to quit you will figure out your own end game. No rules to doing it this way, this time. Some people can do that "I picked up my pv and never touched a cigarette again" thing. I took 3 months to completely quit a 30 year habit. You will figure out how to do it, somewhere in the middle.

Last edited:

munsterrr

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 7, 2009
Washington D.C.
You can tell by my join date to post ratio that I have tried numerous times and failed. The advancements in rigs have helped a bunch now. I FINALLY found a juice(pluid) that to me tastes better then any analog I have ever smoked. The problem that I have just faced today was that my battery(eGo Twist) died on me in the middle of drinking and now I am reverting back to analogs. With this, I realize that putting money into a better rig may be what I need to finally kick the habit.

I always thought these "popular" juices were just the "cool" things to get but now I see that I am WAYYYY wrong. Same applies with the more costly rigs that people have.

I now see this as more of a "addictive hobby" now more than anything else. As I am sure most of us have an addictive personality, this compliments my tech,gear,musical hobbies. Just one more thing to distract me from smoking.

If any of this makes any sense.

Faylool

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2012
Sweet Home, Oregon USA
Yeah sure. Replace a bad habit with a good one. I have to keep several set ups charged and loaded all the time. Leaving for some place I grab three plus I always carry a simple small set up in my bag. At first I spent too much time fiddling and messing things up and ecf ...... me off because I didn't know what they were talking about half the time. It's a difficult field to master when you are not detail oriented and being dazed and confused from quitting analogs calls to mind a sweaty juice spilling mess of a thing....but one perfect hit is worth it

Miss Chris

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 16, 2012
Wisconsin
I'm over the withdrawl now. I started vaping on August 12, continued smoking cigarettes but not as many until the end of August. I really, really wanted to quit smoking! I haven't had a cigarette since August 31st and yes it was kind of hard. But for me it was mind over matter. Not allowing myself to go buy a pack and vaping through my urges. I love not hacking up a lung every morning. I love all the different flavors of juice that are out there to try. I love saving $$$$$ the most I think. I was saving money over smoking within a few weeks and I now have quite the stash of equip. and juices. Surely I can avoid purchasing any more gear at least until X-mas right? :laugh:

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
Had some very strange dreams, cept for that every time i started craving I just went to town chain vaping 24 mg and got too dizzy to care lol lasted about 2 weeks then realized I just wanted a cig to have one not from wanting anything from it. up the juice then pay attention to what else your missing from cigs, for me even when not vaping i hold my battery a lot.

Marvin & Sennie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
honestly when I started this last Monday I had no intention of stopping cold turkey, I fully intended to taper down. After getting our ecigs Monday evening I smoked 4 in like 6 hours, the next morning I was like um no I am going to at least smoke a real 1 for my 1st 1. As the day progressed I felt fine, kept thinking and telling myself that I can do this thing!! SO can you!! REALLY. I am proud to say that I have not even touched a cigarette besides this e-cigs since about 10a, LAST Tuesday morning. I shock even myself and yes I am damn proud of myself and so should you be!! Take it a day at a time and sometimes you might have to take it an hour or even a minute at a time but you can do it!!! Seriously for me, it didn't feel like I was actually doing anything until I actually didn't smoke at all, if I did it the other way each amount of time between cigarettes was like quitting all over again. So I just did it once and stick with it! I also think about it this way. While I am sleeping I am not smoking so when I get up I am already ahead of the game. :) That make any sense? Also it helped to up the nic level, took the edge off. About the dreams.... I usually have weird dreams anyway...lol

Last edited:

Buggs5347

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
Arizona
Could be a sensitivity to PG in your ejuice. Seriously.

I started with VG only juice and never had any of those types of symptoms until about a month later when I started using some PG/VG blends of juice. I went back to using only VG juice and all those symptoms went away. So, you may want to at least try lowering your PG ratio.

myyrkezaan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2012
Clayton, NC
honestly when I started this last Monday I had no intention of stopping cold turkey, I fully intended to taper down. After getting our ecigs Monday evening I smoked 4 in like 6 hours, the next morning I was like um no I am going to at least smoke a real 1 for my 1st 1. As the day progressed I felt fine, kept thinking and telling myself that I can do this thing!! SO can you!! REALLY. I am proud to say that I have not even touched a cigarette besides this e-cigs since about 10a, LAST Tuesday morning. I shock even myself and yes I am damn proud of myself and so should you be!! Take it a day at a time and sometimes you might have to take it an hour or even a minute at a time but you can do it!!! Seriously for me, it didn't feel like I was actually doing anything until I actually didn't smoke at all, if I did it the other way each amount of time between cigarettes was like quitting all over again. So I just did it once and stick with it! I also think about it this way. While I am sleeping I am not smoking so when I get up I am already ahead of the game. :) That make any sense? Also it helped to up the nic level, took the edge off. About the dreams.... I usually have weird dreams anyway...lol

I was the same way with quitting cigs. Bought the hardware Saturday night, had 8 on Sunday and none Monday.

My current withdrawal problem is some gum bl;eeding, my tongue hurts and I've got this awful metal taste :(. Dentist appointment on Thursday.

Pluses are I feel really good, don't get so agitated and my cardio is awesome compared to where it was.

noi_max

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 19, 2012
Portland OR
Maybe I'm a anomaly as I've been sucking on the PV so long I don't remember what an analog is like. This after 20+ years of smoking!

When my kit came in the mail, the novelty of it kept me off the cigs. I haven't smoked one since! Now that I found a fav juice I'm totally "born again hard!"

The roughest patch for me was getting through sampler juices and finding one I liked. While I was suckin on juices that I didn't care for, or in a PG/VG/nic blend I didn't like, that's when the cravings for analogs was the strongest. But I vaped through it!

zapped

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2009
Richmond, Va...Right in Altria's back yard.
Im at a little over three weeks and I can echo what others have said in this thread the first 2 weeks are the hardest. I found myself getting really tired and having some severe muscle cramps as the carbon monoxide left my body. Had a few dreams about smoking as well but all of that seems to be past. Hang in there, before you know it you wont be smoking at all....just reach for your pv first thing in the morning and keep vaping...you can do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread