Status
Not open for further replies.

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
That’s a good idea with all the folks that dont get how to build them right. I had to pay a little more and order from a new place but they are an ecf listed vendor and $25 wasn’t too bad. If I like it a lot and they still are outta stock everywhere I may try that. Although The Chinese sites had them I just didn’t want to wait that long to try it so I was looking USA only. If I like it I don’t mind waiting for a second one so that opens up the whole world of options.

My take on vape gear (or anything else for that matter) is if I decide I want something for my personal use bad enough I don't care what it costs. The key is when I decide to buy though. When you decide can be a win or it can come back and bite you on the ..... IE, a new TC mod I was making up my mind on was selling in the $400-$500 range... but by the time I pulled the trigger i got it being closed out for $200 shipped. A win. On the other side there was a very limited edition high end Euro tube mod I paid well over $500 for that I didn't want for my personal use at all. Less than 100 were available when something like 3000 folks wanted them, and they would never be made again. I bought one for the US folks on the suppliers forum that wanted one but wouldn't be quick enough on line to get one themselves before they sold out when the sale went live. I planned to use a random generator to select who got it for just my out of pocket cost plus the shipping to them. None of them followed through, some only wanted it if for less money. So I still have it and all it's accessories (that are all still new and unused) over 4 years later. It will never be used by anyone, it serves as a reminder.

Reactions: madstabber

Steve W Pedersen

ECF Veteran
Nov 11, 2011
bakersfield,ca
Finally Finally Got my profile!
Gist of useing it for a few day's
Dead easy to build , no leaking, better flavor than my wasp nano but not as good as the flavor on the fireluke mesh pro stock coil tank.
I recomend that to get the most out of this rda is to use it with strong flavor profile juice's.

MyMagicMist

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2014
Finally Finally Got my profile!
Gist of useing it for a few day's
Dead easy to build , no leaking, better flavor than my wasp nano but not as good as the flavor on the fireluke mesh pro stock coil tank.
I recomend that to get the most out of this rda is to use it with strong flavor profile juice's.

Thank you. :) Been looking afar toward mesh RDA. Still not quite sure but it'll be an internal debate. Will either talk myself out of or into buying one.

This morning I have an old Reo Grand clone outfitted with an adapter and beauty ring to let the Gorge, gorge itself. :) Also got a brass Coppervape with a brass Wasp, a Pico Squeeze with a silver Wasp. I need another arm and hand. *chuckles* Well, considering coffee maybe two more.

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
I'm surprised that the Profile doesn't get much attention. I do prefer my DMP Mesh RDA's over all other mesh RDA's, but this one was still worth the price of admission. Two plus months later and the Profile is still used off and on. It's not on the P67 mech squonker now days, it's on a regulated Sigelei Fuchai 150 squonker instead.

profile6sb.jpg

• Agree

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
I think mesh is/was a fad that won't last.
I wholeheartedly disagree. Besides all the other reasons it makes a great coil (flavor, coil life, vapor production) it is super easy to wick. My eyes don’t work as well as they used to and I have trouble with the threading of the coil, so to speak. With mesh I just tuck it in and clamp the other side and viola, it’s finished. For that reason alone I hope it sticks around for a long time, and I believe it will.

Don29palms

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2014
joshua tree, ca
I wholeheartedly disagree. Besides all the other reasons it makes a great coil (flavor, coil life, vapor production) it is super easy to wick. My eyes don’t work as well as they used to and I have trouble with the threading of the coil, so to speak. With mesh I just tuck it in and clamp the other side and viola, it’s finished. For that reason alone I hope it sticks around for a long time, and I believe it will.
I'm sure it will be around but I think the popularity will fade. I'm glad you and others like it. Nothing wrong with that at all. The more choices people have the better off we are. I guess I should have said that I personally have no use for it. If I offended anyone that was not my intention.

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
I'm sure it will be around but I think the popularity will fade. I'm glad you and others like it. Nothing wrong with that at all. The more choices people have the better off we are. I guess I should have said that I personally have no use for it. If I offended anyone that was not my intention.

No offense taken. But I agree with @madstabber IAMA the mesh RDA's will not be just a fad with me. They have been my go to's for just about all of my vaping since the first were bought around 15 months ago (ibid, all 6 mod setups in current use 24/7 day and night are 21700 regulated squonk mods that have mesh RDA's on them). My vaping niche finally settle on squonking starting Aug 2014, and now the mesh RDA's since Aug 2017.

Don29palms

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2014
joshua tree, ca
I think I'm going to get a Wolverine RDA. It is made to use mesh or wire coils. I'll give it a try at least. It's going to be tough because I already make coils that noone else does that I've seen so far that I'm extremely satified with. I'm glad everyone has choices and maybe I need to try out some mesh.

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
I think I'm going to get a Wolverine RDA. It is made to use mesh or wire coils. I'll give it a try at least. It's going to be tough because I already make coils that noone else does that I've seen so far that I'm extremely satified with. I'm glad everyone has choices and maybe I need to try out some mesh.
I wanted to try mesh because I thought it would be easier to build for me. It was and I liked the longevity and most importantly the flavor. I liked my coils to ohm in the .5 area so I thought that would be a problem with mesh generally being .2 or below area. It wasn’t an issue and I still vape them in the 30-60 watt range which gives me great flavor and vapor. I’ve won a few tanks that use drop in mesh coils and have enjoyed them as well. The new Geekvape Alpha even has a .4 ohm coil that I’ve been enjoying the last week or so. Best of luck to you and it’s definitely worth a try to see if it suits your vaping needs.

Reactions: Spydro

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither

All of my mesh RDA's can run wire coils as well (Digiflavor Mesh Pro's, Vandy Vape Mesh and the Wotofo Profile). The larger ones can run single, dual, triple and maybe even quad coils depending on form size... on the Profile single or dual would be a good fit.

• Informative

chohan

Earthbound Misfit
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
NC Foothills
I'm surprised that the Profile doesn't get much attention. I do prefer my DMP Mesh RDA's over all other mesh RDA's, but this one was still worth the price of admission. Two plus months later and the Profile is still used off and on. It's not on the P67 mech squonker now days, it's on a regulated Sigelei Fuchai 150 squonker instead.

View attachment 778375

Spydro, can you tell me which of these Vandy Vape mesh to pick for use in my incoming Wotofo Profile?

Search: Vandy vape mesh wire: m.FastTech.com

They sell SS316L 400 @.43 ohm/ft, also a 300, 200, 150. I haven't messed with mesh since rip trippers sold his version of a mesh rda back around 2013 (?) so I'm a bit fuzzy on what the 100-400 represents. According to your info, the mesh that comes with the profile is 6.8x16mm. I just want to choose a spool that will put me in the Ω ballpark of .12-.18 I suppose. Got any advice?

Btw, I ordered a pack of OFRF Nexmesh coils along with the Profile but I'm sure I can come out cheaper with spools. cheers

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
Spydro, can you tell me which of these Vandy Vape mesh to pick for use in my incoming Wotofo Profile?

Search: Vandy vape mesh wire: m.FastTech.com

They sell SS316L 400 @.43 ohm/ft, also a 300, 200, 150. I haven't messed with mesh since rip trippers sold his version of a mesh rda back around 2013 (?) so I'm a bit fuzzy on what the 100-400 represents. According to your info, the mesh that comes with the profile is 6.8x16mm. I just want to choose a spool that will put me in the Ω ballpark of .12-.18 I suppose. Got any advice?

Btw, I ordered a pack of OFRF Nexmesh coils along with the Profile but I'm sure I can come out cheaper with spools. cheers

I can relate my experience with their mesh... maybe that will help you decide.

80, 100, 200, 400, etc. standard wire mesh refers to the number of open voids per inch in the mesh (ie a 1" square piece of 80 mesh has 80 open voids).

VV has added more mesh spool options since I bought my 3 VV Mesh RDA's way back in Aug 2017. They only had 3 mesh options back then, KA1 80 @ 2.8Ω/ft, Ni80 100 @ 1.8Ω/ft and 316L 150 @ 1.2Ω/ft (their ratings, not mine). I only bought one 316L 150 mesh spool. In the longer length/width standard piece for a VV Mesh RDA I cut mine shorter to net .16Ω to.18Ω builds in them.

I used the VV 316L 150 mesh cut down even more to the shorter/narrower size for a Profile once, but I don't remember what it netted.

I have OFRF nexMESH inbound as well.

(I run my preferred DMP RDA's with .12Ω to .15Ω builds)

diagrammatiks

ECF Veteran
Aug 18, 2018
Ok, thanks mate. I'll pick up a couple different spools and experiment. I read over in reddit that the nexmesh was easier to work with due to the stiffness, similar to a notched coil.
Just ordered my Profile last night so now the wait...

Should be the same stiffness as the original coils. Same idea. But until they make a ss version I’ll never know.

Reactions: chohan

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
Will the 316l 150mesh ohm the highest with everything else equal? From their ohm/foot ratings it seems the lower number ohms higher with the 400 at .43/foot and the 200 at 1.2/foot. So the 150 should ohm the highest....right? I’m assuming they are using the same wire in these meshes. Can anyone verify my assumptions???

diagrammatiks

ECF Veteran
Aug 18, 2018
Will the 316l 150mesh ohm the highest with everything else equal? From their ohm/foot ratings it seems the lower number ohms higher with the 400 at .43/foot and the 200 at 1.2/foot. So the 150 should ohm the highest....right? I’m assuming they are using the same wire in these meshes. Can anyone verify my assumptions???

Is that what they say? That’s weird. My 500 ohms the highest. 200 ohms the lowest.

• Informative

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
@madstabber – if you don’t mind me asking, why the preference for a ~0.5 ohm coil? I can see the importance of resistance with a mechanical device, or one that does not offer adjustability – but for a variable wattage/voltage device, as long as you are within the devices resistive range, you can adjust the output to suit your needs. The dependency on coil resistance is not as great.

I am new to mesh rebuildable’s, just picked up my first Profile RDA last week with a pack of nexMESH strips. Yet to try the Wotofo strips for I went straight to the nexMESH but really enjoying this combination. Although the nexMESH specs recommend 60 to 70 watts, you can use them outside that range. I have experimented as low as 30 watts, which I found the flavour to be muted with the particular juice that I was using at the time - to as high as ~120 watts on a non adjustable device (Reload Squonker that outputs based on battery state similar to a mech). So far my preference is around 60 watts but I feel these mesh strips do not react to power adjust in the same manner as a regular coil. I find the vape to be way too hot for my liking at 120 watts with a regular coil. But with the mesh, it is actually quite enjoyable…not too hot at all. Will say though, at that power you are vaping though massive amounts of juice so there is a higher risk of dry burns. Also do not know about the longevity at that power.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread