Wonder if these will work in the protege

Status
Not open for further replies.

WS23

ECF Veteran
Aug 8, 2009
West Virginia
I decided not to order the full protege kit because I needed to order batteries for another device and figured I would just order some 14500's from deal extreme. So my protege shows up before tha batteries, and now I am dying to find something that I don't have to wait to get so I can try this awesome looking PV. So surfing around today I found these at the radio shack web site, and wondering if they would work. Here is a link.
RadioShack.com

NekoGurrl

ECF Veteran
May 14, 2009
Muskego, WI
Those are non rechargeable lithium primary cells, and 2600 mAh no less. Might last you a couple days each. The rechargable Tenergy batteries that come with the Protege are only 900 mAh, and have been lasting me around 8 hours. If you have a Batteries Plus in you area you might check there as well, usually cheaper than the Shack.

a2dcovert

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2009
Louisiana
I decided not to order the full protege kit because I needed to order batteries for another device and figured I would just order some 14500's from deal extreme. So my protege shows up before tha batteries, and now I am dying to find something that I don't have to wait to get so I can try this awesome looking PV. So surfing around today I found these at the radio shack web site, and wondering if they would work. Here is a link.
RadioShack.com

I think, if they are really 14500 size, those will work. You might get a couple of days on one of those. Do this a lot and it might get expensive.

Kevin

lotus14

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 3, 2009
Columbia SC
RadioShack.com

Probably fit though the site say "web only" so you'd still have to order them. They are NOT rechargeable.

There's a store in town here called Batteries Plus that has every battery imaginable. You also might want to try some hobby shop places that sell model cars, airplanes, etc.

a2dcovert

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2009
Louisiana
I stopped into a Batteries Plus in Salem, NH today. I asked for our usual suspects - 10440, 16340s, 18650s, etc. I was told that they didn't carry them because they weren't licensed to carry them. The guy said "If you poke a hole in them they'll explode."

???

I'm not sure if that was a correct statement. They probably meant that they weren't insured to sell them. Though I can see where a manufacturer would have a liability but not a retail store selling them. Also never heard of that being said about the cylinder style batteries. They have a relief valve to prevent explosion where the Li-Poly batteries don't.

The Li-Poly batteries sold for use by RC hobby guys usually recommend a special charging bag to charge the batteries in.

Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread