(Wonder Women/India) Beware of e-cigs, they are death sticks too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vocalek

CASAA Activist
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Left this comment. I was not given any message that comments must be approved. The message thanked me for sharing my opinion. But I do not see any comments posted. Perhaps this fell into the proverbial bit bucket.

Some verifiable facts are missing from this story. The FDA only tested products from the two companies that had filed a lawsuit against the agency. The actual lab report reads, "tobacco specific nitrosamines and tobacco specific impurities were detected in both products at very low levels. DEG was identified in one cartridge, Smoking Everywhere 555 High...at approximately 1%. " At "very low levels" was not specified in the report, but we know from other sources that the quantity of tobacco-Specific Nitrosamines (TSNAs) in a 16 mg. cartridge is 8 nanograms / gram. Guess what else contains 8 nanograms of TSNA? An FDA-approved nicotine patch. How does that compare to a pack of cigarettes? Marlboros full flavor contains a whopping 126,000 nanograms of TSNAs. BTW, Table 1 in the FDA lab report shows TSNAs were detected in 5 of the 18 cartridges tested. That is not "almost all" in my book. If you look up the Minimal Risk Level for DEG and do the math, you will see that 1% DEG in a day's supply of e-cigarette liquid is about 100 times below the level that could cause any harm to health. So why did the FDA carry on about "carcinogens' and "antifreeze" when the truth is that their testing did not find anything at all in a quantity that was large enough to be harmful? Remember that lawsuit? We call that "spin job" in this part of the world. Other parts of the world call it "propaganda". In a court of law, leaving out information with the intent of misleading the audience is called "perjury" (lying.)

ezmoose

Dec 18, 2009
USA
Left this comment. I was not given any message that comments must be approved. The message thanked me for sharing my opinion. But I do not see any comments posted. Perhaps this fell into the proverbial bit bucket.

Nice rebuttal!

Even if it got tossed, someone probably read it; they can not unread that what was read.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread