Wonderful response about vaping from family member!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buggainok

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2014
oklahoma city ok usa
Wanted to share this, because it made me feel so good!

Last night hubby and I went out to dinner with my 64 year old step-son and his wife. My step-son has always been a non-smoker, but tolerated it pretty well for all the years his dad and I were smokers. Of course, I never smoked in his home, or in his car. He has been pleased and supportive about my stopping smoking and vaping instead, but I haven't spent much time around him since I started.

They picked us up last night, in their nice new car and off we went. After a few minutes, I said, "Jonathan, would you mind if I vaped some of this Green Apple in your car?"

He smiled real big, and said, "I was hoping you would ask.":)

Iffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Florida Suncoast
SCORE...

TOUCHDOWN-200x200.png

Great story!
thumbsup.gif

eebant

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2013
Hummelstown, PA
Such a great real-life happening! That should be the future of vaping! Thank you so much for posting this, Buggainok.

I didn't have kids (just furry-babies). My now husband (yes, we're both seniors! And both widowed.) has 3 "kids" that are in their late 20's, early 30's. When I told them that I'd stopped smoking and switched to vaping, all 3 gave me kudos. The daughter (who I love to death) said she was so happy because I'd be in their lives so much longer now.

I mean, come on, after that statement, I can't even LOOK at a cigarette now! :)

Buggainok

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2014
oklahoma city ok usa
Such a great real-life happening! That should be the future of vaping! Thank you so much for posting this, Buggainok.

I didn't have kids (just furry-babies). My now husband (yes, we're both seniors! And both widowed.) has 3 "kids" that are in their late 20's, early 30's. When I told them that I'd stopped smoking and switched to vaping, all 3 gave me kudos. The daughter (who I love to death) said she was so happy because I'd be in their lives so much longer now.

I mean, come on, after that statement, I can't even LOOK at a cigarette now! :)

Sounds like you have a great support system, too.:) It really helps to have family who care about you and cheer you on!

And you're right about what the sweet daughter said - No way can you smoke after that.

jjordan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 5, 2014
Fairbury, Nebraska
You're lucky because for some reason my parents do not support my vaping habit, they have exiled me to the basement to live which is ok with me because I basically have my own apartment down here which includes a full bath, kitchen and two bedrooms. They said I could vape in the house just as long as I didn't do it around them which kind of hurt my feelings because they should be proud of me that I am no longer smoking, but to them this seems to be just as bad as smoking even though my dad went to my B&M for me and bought me my ADV because he was headed that way anyway and it saved me a trip. So maybe in a way they do support me...not quite sure the jury is still out on this one!

But your story is awesome and I am glad you shared your personal experience with us!

Happy vaping!:vapor:

Amraann

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2011
Florida
You're lucky because for some reason my parents do not support my vaping habit, they have exiled me to the basement to live which is ok with me because I basically have my own apartment down here which includes a full bath, kitchen and two bedrooms. They said I could vape in the house just as long as I didn't do it around them which kind of hurt my feelings because they should be proud of me that I am no longer smoking, but to them this seems to be just as bad as smoking even though my dad went to my B&M for me and bought me my ADV because he was headed that way anyway and it saved me a trip. So maybe in a way they do support me...not quite sure the jury is still out on this one!

But your story is awesome and I am glad you shared your personal experience with us!

That sounds supportive to me!
Maybe they are under the impression that second hand vape is like second hand smoke?

I love reading the positive stories on this thread!

Buggainok

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2014
oklahoma city ok usa

Glad you have your own vaping spot, at least! I don't know your age, but as a parent of several grown children, I can see both sides of this issue. After being responsible for another human being from birth for all those years, it's harder for some parents than others to realize their work is done, and step aside. It's especially difficult if you share living quarters. Sounds like they are doing the best they can at this point.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread