Wondering about my decision to purchase a 510-T

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackbeard

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2012
Buffalo, WV
I'm very new to this forum. I've been doing the ecig thing for about a week now, and I keep wondering about a recent decision to purchase an eJoy 510-T for a number of reasons.

My scenario is as follows:

I purchased a small Mistic kit at Walmart just to see how I liked it. It was OK. Before I found this forum, I did a lot of research and ended up ordering a V2 ecig kit. I liked this vapor stuff even more. The batteries that came with the V2 are small capacity much like the batteries that will come with my 510-T. So the first thing I wonder is "should I have got a different model that has larger capacity batteries?". For now, I get by with two-three battery charges a day, so this may not be bad, especially if I stick with this 510-T and acquire more batteries. I like the size and feel of the cigarette-sized models.

Then I discover from this forum that some people who use the 510-T have leakage from their tank. There's so much out there, I could spend weeks doing research, and end up just as confused as I am now. Maybe another reason to doubt my purchase? Are there caps to prevent this leakage?

I ordered a liquid that is leaning towards a pure PG base. As I understand it, VG is where most of the smoke comes from, and I like seeing that since it alerts me to when my cartos are getting close to empty. The dealer also recommended sticking close to 100% PG with the 510-T, but I see where some users use pretty much whatever they want in their 510-T. Guess I'll have to experiment, but for us new users, forking out money for our initial kits doesn't leave a lot of wiggle room in the wallet to play around.

I'm not sure now why I thought a tank system would be better than cartos, but all that wondering around the web sort of sway my mind into thinking it might suit me better. Again, I find where flavor is one of the advantages of cartos. So I guess I'll just have to try this out for myself and elect myself to judge status. Don't know if I should post my findings, since it would just add to the clutter us new users would have to wade through.

In the end, it'll all be preference of the user, so I'm sure I can make this 510-T thing work (due to be delivered today). The V2's are actually pretty nice once you find the right prefilled flavor, and I realize I can "roll my own" later, but there's that experimental stage of discovery to find the right stuff. I guess what I'm saying is that a new user can find any amount of information out there to warrant purchase of any model or any type of ecig. This might have been better if posted to the New Members Forum, but I'm asking for answers and opinions that address my particular concerns above, so this will end up here in a particular-model sub-forum.

Any and all "opinions" would be appreciated.

Thanks

steve

jazzbo

ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2011
Orlando, Fl
I recently purchased a 510T standard resistance atty and some tanks for my eGo; and I've gotta say I'm impressed. The thing puts out a ton of vapor, even with thin PG -- and the flavor is damn near as good as dripping (which is, in effect, what you're doing with these things). I've refilled two of the five tanks I purchased about 8 or 10 times so far and neither one has started leaking yet. You can buy new end caps for them (or just get new tanks) if they do start leaking.

Keep in mind I bought a Joyetech 510T atty and tanks...if you use knock-offs, there may be issues with leaking. But I'm impressed with the thing, and I've been vaping for about 18 months now. Drawback...the tanks only hold about 0.55ml of juice (about 12 - 15 drops), but I would think if you're an average vaper, filling up all five tanks would easily get you through the day. I believe they also make a larger tank that will hold about 1 ml of juice.

Also keep in mind that if you want to use very thick juice, you may have wicking issues; however I've had NO issues with either straight PG or a 50/50 PG/VG juice I like. I'd say go for it. I like the one I got...play it safe, though, and make sure it's a genuine Joyetech so that you don't have issues with minor size differences between knock-off atty inner diameters and tank outer diameters. Enjoy, and let us know what happens!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread