Not open for further replies.

ZooKansas

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2011
Kansas City, MO USA
Hello GLV'ers',

Have a sweet 5V GLV2 in candy-red sparkle coming to me from another ECF member. Long time admirer of the GLV2, and thrilled to finally get a quality, higher voltage mod. Nothing but Rivas for me up til this point. Spoke with Jay earlier today, and wow, what a quality vendor! He answered all my questions and is even going to honor the warranty even though I'm not buying a new one; just amazed by that! I just couldn't wait...would have ordered new but both of my Riva's are dead, so I'm left with a 3.7v box-mod with one battery til the GLV2 arrives, lol.
Some questions for you fine vapers...1. I have a madvapes gift certificate, so I was looking into ordering spare batts from them...they have the grey 'ultrafires' and the 'trustfire-flames', both are 3.7v, 880mah...which should I buy for the 5V GLV2?? 2. I'm primarily a carto guy, so which carto's do you all recommend? I've never vaped anything over 3.7v, and I like the dual-coils, hence the dead Rivas. 3. Would a standard atty be okay...or should I get them in HV? preferred atties?? Any input would be greatly appreciated!

Scottitude

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2010
Metro Detroit
scottitude.net
Congrats on your new (to you) GLV-2 and welcome to the family.

Given the two choices, I'd go with the Trustfire Flames over the grey Ultrafires . Either will work but in my experience, the Flames typically hold their charge longer and can take more charge cycles.

I prefer cartos too and standard resistance Boge soft tip cartos have proved to work best with my 5v GLVs. I've tried just about everything out there, including dual coils but really nothing beats SR Boge cartos.

Of course, YMMV.

Let us know what you think after you get your new best friend. And post a pic or two; everybody loves GLV pr0n! LOL

ZooKansas

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2011
Kansas City, MO USA
Thanks Scottitude! Have read a ton of your posts on here over the last couple of days when trying to decide on the GLV2, very informative, appreciate it! Getting the trustfires...always preferred boges to smoketechs, and now I can get them in higher resistance, lol. Can't wait to see how my juice tastes with the GLV2 and various carto's/atties.

ZooKansas

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2011
Kansas City, MO USA
I'm really digging thevaporroom, kbv, juicyvapor right now. Those vendors have never let me down in terms of flavor/quality. I'm really into sweet vapes right now. Trying to lower the nicotine at the moment, from 18 to 12. I feel that with the GLV, I'll be satisfied with lower levels of nic, because the warmer vapor, flavor, th, etc.

ZooKansas

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2011
Kansas City, MO USA
You'll love 5v. I use anything from 2.3 to 3.0 (slightly LR to standard) with great success. Personally I love the boge cartos I get at pure smoker (they last longer for me, don't know why).

Wow WarMouse...small (vaping) world, lol...I grew up in O'Fallon, IL. Still have some friends in Belleville, very cool

ZooKansas

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2011
Kansas City, MO USA
Got it this afternoon...Thrilled with this thing so far! My juices are coming alive, and I'm impressed how it vapes my dual-coil cartos better than the Riva's did (they hit great, and remain cool to the touch). I'm feeling more TH with juices that are not designed to do so, like 12mg KBV stuff, for example. Some early pics..have a silver drip shield on the way...these are with a Super-T drip tip on a LR Boge atty (that's also hitting much nicer with better flavor). Color seems to change in different lighting conditions, but looks so sharp. Can't believe I've waited this long to get a higher voltage device. Already thinking about getting a mini; such a neat device. :vapor:

Attachments

• gl3.jpg
    gl3.jpg
    11.7 KB · Views: 49
  • glv6.jpg
    glv6.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 54
  • glv5.jpg
    glv5.jpg
    9.4 KB · Views: 31
  • gl4.jpg
    gl4.jpg