Status
Not open for further replies.

Technonut

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 11, 2010
East Coast, USA
lol we're talking about provape here. A $400 mod is not out of the question. They seem to think we're all rich as it is with their 20 dollar bottom battery caps and their $15 blue LEDs.

$400.00 is less than the majority of us spent on tobacco in a 2 month span. ($500.00+ in my case) I see post after post from folks complaining about how expensive vape-gear is (Not directed specifically to you ;) ). I didn't kid myself when I started vaping over 3 years ago, and continued to budget the same amount of $$ spent on tobacco for vaping.

Sometimes I don't spend the entire monthly budget, and have extra $$ for other things. Sometimes I spend every cent, and need to sell something on the classies to make up the difference if I run across a piece of gear I can't live without.

I NEVER use a credit card for vape-gear, and have not been in any debt with interest attached for vaping. I didn't "magically" have extra $$ because I quit tobacco. I merely substituted vaping for tobacco smoking. It's all about the harm-reduction for me. :)

I guess we were all "rich" when we smoked tobacco, and always managed to buy that daily pack or weekly carton no matter what. ;) I do know if I were to quit vaping tomorrow, within a couple of days I would be right back at the smoke shop buying my weekly carton + cigars. At least I have something to show for the $$ now, instead of a mountain of empty packs, ashes, and butts. Try selling or trading those on the classies. :p

I realize some folks' situations are different, but the tobacco was not free or cheap when we smoked. Neither is quality vape-gear. :vapor: The mod-makers and manufacturers have an idea of what we spent before, and that is probably one reason the prices are what they are.

darkgear

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2013
Islands in the middle of the sea
Hi everyone...just curious, but where do most of you get your information? Thanks, l

5+ hour show with Zen on nova broadcasting. Lots of time to talk about all kinds of stuff beyond the just released ZNA.

I saw OP there :)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

ChiefAllDay

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2013
Ft. Campbell, KY
Ugh, I stayed up so late for that too... I just had a feeling I was going to win, not that rich1970 guy, lol. I did, however, learn a helluva lot. I have realized I wanted something a bit less nice, as the ZNA just seemed too pretty to take out and accidentally drop. But yeah, I really like how he's more focused on being an employer and designer and less about blowing clouds. His statement on why he doesn't like dealing with idiots anymore was spot on. Now if I could just get rid of them on reddit and facebook, I would be happy, lol.
I still think his big things with provape is going to be a mod. They're just vendors of his products, a new atty isn't a "big thing with provape", as his goto vendors will carry them as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread