• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Word of a NATIONAL VAPE-IN!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mary Kay

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2009
West Tampa Fl.
Jazzy, I didn't see the part about no nic..but then I am still trying to get my eyesight ajusted to my new meds..everything gets blurry. Sorry.

Be Smoke Free wouldn't let me come to the office to return my P.V.'s..so I am guessing it's not an open place.
Smoke Free Electronic Cigarettes, batteries, e-liquid, cartridges

Yeah I think you are right about the Mall of Millenia. here's the map.
to: 4200 Conroy Road, Orlando, FL - Google Maps

There is another Mall on the free way where the boardwalk and baseball used to be. Can't think of the name of that city..Not Winter Haven..anyway I will look it up.
Haines City! That's it!

Ivisi

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2009
Orlando, FL
www.composed-chaos.com
Well, I had a rather lengthy post typed out. I'm on vacation in St. Augustine with my wife, managed to spend about 16 hours in the city doing various things, come back, see a lot of wonderful information here, and decide to respond. I'm using my wife's laptop to do this. Everything's looking good, reading over everything I've typed up, and my thumb hits the stupid mouse trackpad thingy under the space bar, and poof, everything's gone.

I'll just post the important things now, and wait til I'm back home tomorrow night and in the comfort zone of using my own PC to post from to get to the details. Mall at Millenia is probably the absolute best place for the Orlando area, so Jazzy, work as much mojo as you can on the management there. I have access to a large plotter for printing large informational boards, so I'll start trying to get that going when I'm off vacation on Monday. No-nic juice, absolutely vital if we're going to let interested strangers take a test drag. Keep an atty for yourself with your preferred nic juice, but have another ready for the 0mg stuff. I have a ton of 801 blank carts, if we clean the mouthpieces on those with alcohol pads after use, that should suffice, but I'm interested in seeing this disposable mouthpiece thingamabob I saw mentioned earlier, that sounds perfect. Instead (the supplier) is no longer in the state, but I'm going to start working the suppliers I do know are in the state for at least product information (if they can't supply anything else), as I think it would be good to promote local (in-state) businesses at the event as much as we can. I also think next-gen products should be represented, as well, so Steve from Puresmoker is sending down a bunch of cards with my Prodigy (which I should get by Monday, YAY!!!).

I know, rambling, but hey, whaddya expect after 3 guided tours, an awesome seafood dinner, a pub crawl, and a super late night ghost tour. :p. I'll talk to you all tomorrow night after I'm home and somewhat recovered.

Ivisi

redjazzy1

ECF Veteran
Jun 14, 2009
Florida
Jazzy, I didn't see the part about no nic..but then I am still trying to get my eyesight ajusted to my new meds..everything gets blurry. Sorry.

Be Smoke Free wouldn't let me come to the office to return my P.V.'s..so I am guessing it's not an open place.
Smoke Free Electronic Cigarettes, batteries, e-liquid, cartridges

Yeah I think you are right about the Mall of Millenia. here's the map.
to: 4200 Conroy Road, Orlando, FL - Google Maps

There is another Mall on the free way where the boardwalk and baseball used to be. Can't think of the name of that city..Not Winter Haven..anyway I will look it up.
Haines City! That's it!

You are thinking of Posner Point in Davenport I think... that's right on 27 not too far from me, but it's more of a strip mall type of thing like the Towne Loop, not indoors...

Tekn0ph1sh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
Florida
Blue Martini Happy hour is Daily from 4-8. All Martinis are 6 bucks and appetizers are half price. I was there on Monday and 2 of us had 3 drinks and a pizza and it came to 18 bucks. Happy hour is the way to go... Otherwise we are looking at 12-16 bucks a drink + food. Unfortunately I won't be there. I will be in Tampa seeing ZZ Top and Aerosmith at Ford Amphitheater. Maybe the next one... Anytime anyone wants to go to Blue Martini for happy hour let me know...that place rocks and is one of the best bars in Orlando. It would be cool if we could get a supplier to come with us or maybe offer free carts/mouthpieces if we would pass out their business cards/website. Someone might look into working some kind of deal with a local business.

Tekn0ph1sh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
Florida
As for Disney... Sosa's Cigars at Downtown Disney might be an interesting venue. Or around AMC theater. There is a lot of foot traffic and it is a smoking area for obvious reasons. You can even smoke in the store. Just a suggestion. However I would not attempt anything in a park or attempt to organize anything more than just a casual meeting of friends with similar interests/habits. Family image thing is very important to D so I don't think they care if its vapor or the real thing.

redjazzy1

ECF Veteran
Jun 14, 2009
Florida
yeah the blue martini has a good happy hour (my fella's playing the tampa one tonight but i ran out of juice so i'll be smoking:mad:)but the whole point of the vape in is not only to spread the word but also educate people on HOW these things are not only harmless second-hand but that it isn't smoking!
and kate... maybe i'm thinking of a totally different exit! lol i'll watch for it on my to tampa today... but in the meantime if you find it online and want to check it out let me know and i'll contact them or you can give them a call... i'm finding you have to ask for the marketing department :) yayyaayayayay so excited!!

redjazzy1

ECF Veteran
Jun 14, 2009
Florida
bad news on a lot of fronts... my trip is not turning out well... and millenia called me today to say that they "would be unable to accomidate us"... we can't even just show up in tshirts that say "quit not ask me how" and vape! i'm a little disappointed... but not unhopeful... i'll think on this some more... the step to orlando's city hall are looking better every minute... i hope everyone is passing the word!!

btw- american airlines specifically lists electronic cigarettes as an UNAPPROVED electronic device... it was listed in their mag... but i asked the agent while boarding and she said she didn't even know what i was talking about... use the lu... with caution!

13ways

ECF Veteran
Jun 27, 2009
Orlando, FL
first post right here woot, but I digress. This is a great idea and I would love to take part. If it is during the day I will be there but that night is UFC100 and I can not miss that. It sucks that Millenia wouldnt play ball but City Walk might be a good place. There is a place there called Cigars that you can smoke in and no cover charge like the majority of the places there. On a side not The Purple Ringer on 436 in casselbeery sells juice and supplies at their store.

redjazzy1

ECF Veteran
Jun 14, 2009
Florida
first post right here woot, but I digress. This is a great idea and I would love to take part. If it is during the day I will be there but that night is UFC100 and I can not miss that. It sucks that Millenia wouldnt play ball but City Walk might be a good place. There is a place there called Cigars that you can smoke in and no cover charge like the majority of the places there. On a side not The Purple Ringer on 436 in casselbeery sells juice and supplies at their store.

i read that the p.r. got busted in a county-wide sting of "paraphenalia"-selling stores! but that's awesome news!! i'll have to check that out! thanks! as far as city walk goes, cigars is a smoking bar, the only one on the promenade that ALLOWS it! i can see what i can do... i know some people that work there!

13ways

ECF Veteran
Jun 27, 2009
Orlando, FL
Them getting busted for selling paraphernalia does not surprise me at all. I felt really out of place being in there as I do not smoke pot but I read they sold it there and needed more liquid as I had just run out and it took longer than expected to get my shipment in(still waiting on it but should be here tomorrow) from Johnson Creek. They have the Smoke Everywhere E-cig and the liquid is unlabeled so I have no clue what it is. I am also now representing Orlando in my profile.

Ivisi

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2009
Orlando, FL
www.composed-chaos.com
Ok, so I found maybe 3 suppliers in the Florida borders, so I've contacted them. Steve from Puresmoker is sending down a bunch of business cards if anyone shows interest in the Prodigy, and I've contacted JuicyLiquid for information about them in case anyone is interested in DIY liquid.

Any good news on a venue yet, jazzy? I know you said Mall at Millenia is out, but wasn't sure if any of the others you've contacted have replied to you yet.

A bar or popular restaurant may also be a good way to go, especially on the tourist side of town.

Also, it's nice to be back on my own PC. I finally feel like I can get something done. :p

Ivisi

Mary Kay

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2009
West Tampa Fl.
A very nice guy named The Rainman (on this board) said he was a supplier here in Osceola Co.
Home.
I invited him to join us. His liquid is very well priced and he sells the J118 style , it looks like a 901 to me but has a different atty and a larger cart, it comes with a PCC.

I also got a stack (30)of business cards from litecigusa. Shawn was very sweet about it when I told him they were for our Vape In. His prices are great and service is FAST.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread