Word of thanks from a novice who started just in time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheGentleman

Jul 12, 2019
Dear community,

Since my registration last saturday, a -lot- has happend.
As I stated somewhere back in my New Members post, a lot has changed in vaping the past years.

Why, back in my day...!
I apparently have missed years and years of development in vaping since I started and unfortunatly quit, albeit in rigs or fluids... or even basics and this community has proven to be a trove of opinions, facts and insights.

Nostalgically, I still kind of miss my Joyetech Emode (I -was- the vaping pied piper) which seems heavily dated by now, but I certainly do not miss my anolgue smoking habit. This too is something people don't mind exchaning thoughts about which is useful at the weaker moments we all know.
Furthermore, albeit an RTFM (Read The F*cking Manual) issue about my setup which is as I imagined it to be by now*, or a simple am I not overdoing my nicotine intake question, you all have been helpful and supportive in my experience.

Our community
Although I might not have had contact with you directly, you might have helped someone in here or had contact with someone that did have direct contact with me.
Make no mistake, this is what builds a strong community and sets a tone of voice.
And even if you only post a much needed meme, choose to blather or exchange banter or simply post a pic of your rig, make no mistake; your input -is- valuable (just do not over do it on the chatter ;))

In conclusion (yes, I have a point!)
I offer you all my sincerest gratitude; last night, after sixteen hours of giving birth (afraid I am not exaggerating) my wife graced us with a healthy son, which I could hold without smelling like the heavy smoker I was and unhindered by nicotine and tar stained fingers**.
And I don't think I could have done so relatively elegantly without your contributions.

I shall stop rambling my heartfelt thanks (although I did warn you all that I can write at lenght and warned ya I might do so) since I'm running on fumes or rather, vapes.

Just keep on posting, keep on providing input and help other prospect vapers out there as you have helped me!
I'll be back, once we've settled down and the three of us have recovered.

Post scriptum

Since this part of our forum is walled off, I have no scrupules sharing my one and only regret about vaping; namely my wife asking me, in no uncertain terms, to get back to vaping -now- which literally wasn't a day too soon.
She'll be too ladylike to use it agains me, but we'll know...
So you singles out there, find yourself your own, headstrong little spirtfire, who won't let you get away with anything.
And -never- ignore her too much or rather too obviously :)

Post-super-scriptum
My son's name is Sjors.

Sincerely, a proud father, signing off for a bit.

*although not excluded from upgrades, tweaks and improvements in the not too near future.
** officially, it's only been 96 hours since my last sigaret, but please allow me some artistic liberties since the three of us are doing well.

Last edited:

somdcomputerguy

vaper dedicato
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
    God bless the baby and your health to give him the father he will adore without the stench!
    I remember when a buddy of mine told me once that when two of his youngest daughters still lived with him and were in high school, they said, "Dad, quit smoking or at least don't smoke in the house. Our clothes stink." He also mentioned to me that within a month or two his water and electric bills had dropped because they weren't washing their clothes every day or so..

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread