Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
San Bernardino area, So. Cal.

jjcordone

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 29, 2011
Rhode Island
....but the individual states can still do whatever they want.
MA is in the midst of discussions that will absolutely destroy the vaping industry in their state.
While I live in RI, our governor has played follow the leader for years and we'll be next.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
"Aides allegedly advised him to hold fire on signing a memo to ban popular e-cigarette flavors such as fruit and menthol, warning that it could damage his re-election chances next year in some key battleground states, The New York Times and Washington Post both reported."

Worried about re-election, Trump reportedly shelves vaping ban

Whereas this would be Good News for anyone using an e-Cigarette(s), I would Wait a Tad longer before I break out the Champagne.

The NY Times and the Washington Post will print just about Anything under the Pretense that an "Alleged Aid" or a "Source close to the President" said it was so.

Last edited:

jjcordone

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 29, 2011
Rhode Island
I completely agree - this isn't a partisan issue. Both sides have politicians that are making knee jerk, reactionary decisions based upon gut feelings and not upon researching the topic. The media is more concerned about creating a frenzy of click bait stories and copy each others stories without presenting any facts.
Crazy times we're living in.

Umbertoze

Nov 19, 2019
Interesting play, though I'm not sure how much this will really swing things in his favor. There's been a ton of news stories that mostly seem to revolve around black market vapes causing problems so it may actually hurt him among his own base. Who's to say? I seriously doubt this is an issue he even cares about one way or another though.

nomore stinkies

Gee, Who did that?
ECF Veteran
Feb 23, 2014
IL
He had to address the issue. Does he care about kids, yes. Does he care about adult vaping, no. The States are the problem. In Illinois they are waving the children flag and the lung damage. And as per usual mum on the fact that it was adulterated THC. 50mg of nic in a JUUL pod is way too much nic for a teen non smoker. It was irresponsible. Take away the nic and i bet they wont vape just bubblegum. Like I said we just wanted to quit smoking. We did. Now this ongoing political struggle. The merits for vaping are there - leave it there. Dang politics are creeping into everything. Everything. Sick of it.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
States are both the problem and solution in many ways. Some states do one thing, it's a testing ground, etc. Other states don't.

I actually do think this is an issue the president has SOME interest in, because of his dead alcoholic brother. People with that in their family usually either swing to wild fanaticism, or are interested in harm reduction. IDK if any of it is all political, some personal or what. But he did in fact hold a meeting however biased it was, and make a decision.

Whether he did it out of fear of losing votes... Well, a lot of us did call. However, the Washington post will lose NO chance to trash Trump, so of course he did out of "fear of not being reelected" not for any other reason. Etc.

We'll just see. I wish we could un-elect certain members of the FDA.

Anna

Reactions: Rossum
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread